[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any engineers here? What skills and everything else should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: kl_ (274).jpg (179 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
kl_ (274).jpg
179 KB, 768x1024
Any engineers here?
What skills and everything else should I put on my resume that is near guaranteed to get me hired for an internship this summer?
>>
redpill: While you are an engineercuck this summer, chads are pump and dumping your future wife.
>>
>>1153585
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1153587
>1153587
>>>cope
>>
>>1153597
>Has cuck fetish from browsing pol and r9k too much
>Thinks it reflects real life
>>
>>1153585
>future wife
Sounds like you're the one that needs to be redpilled.

Anyway, any actual answers?
>>
>>1153607
Advanced google querying, Stack Overflow-based software development. There, learn that and you're set for life
>>
>>1153604
Is this how you cope?
>>
>>1153626
I already know that, but I can't put it on a resume.
>>
>>1153646
Resumes are for people with work experience.
Your internships will 100% be based on either knowing someone or being a charismatic interviewee.
>>
>>1153653
And I get to the interview through...?
>>
>>1153582
You should always include your coursework. Tailoring your skills and experience for the internships you're applying for is also a good idea. I was also told that experiences outside your major that involve writing or personal communication would be relevant.

What is your major and what are you thinking of applying for?
>>
>>1153654
Being charismatic with a recruiter.
Don't they school sponsored job fairs at your shitbucket university?
>>
>>1153656
Mechanical, sophomore.
I don't have anything particular in mind, I just need to get some experience, I don't think it matters where much. I don't particularly have the privilege of being picky anyway.

>>1153659
There's one in October. I got invited to the after reception by one of the recruiters, but nothing came of it. There's also a virtual career fair in April but they want you to send in resumes. Which leads us to now.
>>
What type of engineering?

I'm a senior development engineer for a medical device company.
>>
>>1153673
We hire 3-4 interns for a 6mo period twice a year. Prev, related work experience is the first thing I look at. If none than interesting unrelated work experience. I don't look at course work since it's usually the same for all applicants depending on their year. If they aren't autistic in the interview, share common interests, and seem likeable I'll hire them. Ultimately interns don't know shit about practical engineering unless they've had relavent past experience, otherwise it comes down to character.
>>
>>1153646
Actually, if you bury it in your 'technical skills' section, I would expect an HR person will think it sounds impressive and a technical manager will like your sense of humor. But it's a risk, to be sure.

Not an engineer yet, but I got a co op position. My advice would be to talk to upper-year students who got internships and ask what they did. In a lot of cases, internships are all local companies who get interns from the same school every year and are looking for the same things, you can get the inside scoop from someone who was what they were looking for a year or two ago.
>>
>>1153582

>Goto your career fair and talk to recruiters. Have resumes ready.
>Apply online through your school's recruitment page
>Have a good GPA (+3.0 in most cases you'll be good)
>Interview well so you don't sound like someone from r9k
>Don't try to lie. We know all of the tricks you pulled since we see it all the time. You are a kid with 3 years of schooling and no practical experience.
>Know someone and network
>>
embellish your cock sucking skills. I don't care if you've never even used a set a knee pads, you better have that section well up to date.
>>
Autocad
>>
>>1153686
What kind of work experience would you classify as interesting?
The jobs I've had so far have been being an intern at an office that organizes a parade, so it included a lot of spreadsheet making on Excel, filing, had to call some people for sponsorship, had to deal with customers to register floats and stands, and had had to make flyers and stuff like that. Along with other busy work like laminating copying and little things like that.

My other work experience is that now I work as a substitute paraprofessional over breaks in New York City. Like the assistant teachers for Special Ed kids. Well, I shouldn't say kids since a good percentage there are the same age or older than me. It's kinda little more than a babysitting job that's 10x more stressful truthfully.
It pays really well, way more than most internships I could get now does though.
And it is a government job, I don't know if that's plus or helps or anything. I'm having a hard time including it on my resume, but I think it's important since it's the most work experience that I've had in awhile.

So yeah, that's the extent of my work experience.
>>
Engineer -> cant make a fukin resume....
No wonder businessmen rule the world.
>>
File: 1457382894252.jpg (306 KB, 856x571) Image search: [Google]
1457382894252.jpg
306 KB, 856x571
>>1153585
>redpill:
/pol/ here, that's not how you use it. You should consider killing yourself.

Plebbit is that way, by the way.
>>>plebbit.cum/r/TheRedPill/
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.