[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/. I got my first job interview at McDonald's. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Zrf2h3RD_400x400.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Zrf2h3RD_400x400.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
Hey /biz/. I got my first job interview at McDonald's. I know it's the bottom of the bucket and it will suck ass and add unnecessary stress to my life. Any tips on how I can get the job. Also the interview is probably going to be in french and my native language is English so fuck me.
>>
>>1152813
>Any tips on how I can get the job

show up
>>
fgt get on the grind
>>
>>1152813

Dont die during the interview
>>
>>1152818
>>1152828
Thanks for the tips guys, hopefully my car or heart don't breakdown
>>
>>1152813
Act extremely intelligent so you will become manager quickly. Try to move up the ranks as fast as possible.

If it doesn't work out, then do something else.
>>
>bottom of the bucket
>will suck ass
>add unnecessary stress to my life
>so fuck me.
OP confirmed faggot
>>
>>1152813
good luck anon. work hard and find a better job asap.

don't act too intelligent. just show some people skills. book smarts means shit in food business. all they want is someone who can manage angry cumstoners at 3 in the morn.
>>
>>1152850
Thanks, won't be there forever. In college right now and I just need the money to buy shit I don't need
>>
File: 1456735652946.jpg (18 KB, 273x273) Image search: [Google]
1456735652946.jpg
18 KB, 273x273
>>1152857
im in the same position. working on getting my CNA for nursing first but meanwhile, i'm getting paid 10 dollars an hour watering plants at home depot. pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

if you land manager position, it'll be a better place than grilling or taking in orders, i bet. if there are doctor's offices nearby, you should give them your resume and ask if you could be a part time receptionist. pays even better.

the better your people skill and technical skill, the less you do mexican work.
>>
Good luck OP. Just be confident and like others said, show people skills.

>Also the interview is probably going to be in french

...Hows your french?
>>
>>1152885
Noooooooot that good
>>
>>1152813
McDonalds job is not stressful lol. Don't worry about that.
>>
>>1152885
Cause they need someone who speaks french to make the fries, right?
>>
>>1152902
No it's just that the French people here in Kekbec hold a grudge against us English speakers cause we are more successful and we took their land and shit.
>>
>go for McDonalds interview trying to score a summer job after first year of university
>fucking fell for the "wear a suit to the interview" meme
>all the employees snicker at me when I walk in
>don't get the job

Fuck off McDonalds.
>>
>>1152933
Its not their fault you goofed
>>
>>1152933
I dressed business casual. Just tell people you'll jump when they say.
>>
>>1152813
Lie about you having experience in quick service industry

Put on the biggest fattest smile you're going to get.

If you pose you a question: it will be along the lines of dealing with a frustrating customer who is at fault -- the answer is to smile, check the receipt, and give away the food
>>
>>1152933
>A suit
>McDonalds

Bahaha that's just stupid anon.
>>
I used to be a manager at mcdonalds and since you have to speak French, I'm guessing you're Canadian

Just dress business casual; button up, nice pants/trousers, black shoes, black belt and if you want to add in a tie go ahead

Be friendly, smile when you meet the interviewer with a firm handshake and answer confidently

The questions they asked me in the interview were situational/behaviour questions so think of examples where you're a leader from high school and where you've dealt with customer service, complaints and someone slacking, etc
>>
I used to work at a McDonald's. the male manager kind of hit in me during the interview and one day grazed his hand, in passing, on my dick multiple times

I had anxiety and they made me a cashier lmao
that job was terrible. look into temp agencies for manual labor if you want a shitty job

>>1153004
lol
>>
>>1152841
1. I can tell ur azn
2. this ant behavior exemplifies why china will never win
>>
Had the interview biz, could have gone better. My lack of skill in French may have fucked me in the ass but the girl interviewing me said she pictured me working at the cash. That's a good sign r-right?
>>
>>1153558
Bro it's fucking MCDONALDS

You get hired/fired based on arbitrary reasons.

They'll hire people/decline them randomly. Just need to wear clean shirt and pants and be normal.
>>
File: 1456743187458.jpg (164 KB, 1200x1130) Image search: [Google]
1456743187458.jpg
164 KB, 1200x1130
>>1152933
suit -> career
job -> casual

brehhh

>>1152992
do this but say you worked under the table as a busser at a failed business resto

another Q&A: answer is the customer is always right, bring the food back and give them free desserts/food

>>1153121
fuck manual jobs breh. cashier is best. just B urself

>>1153123
breh, i'm azn and i think that's some real retarded shit

>>1153558
>>1153563
look like a normie and be pleasant with the customers.
literally the only stuff you need to say

>bonjour
>quel numéro?
>merci.
>walla bon appetite

FUCKING EZ breh
>>
>>1152813
the mcdonalds in my neighborhood only hires mexican ppl. just look broke and pretend u know the struggle.
>>
File: betray.jpg (104 KB, 789x685) Image search: [Google]
betray.jpg
104 KB, 789x685
>>1152860
I am getting my CNA right now to gonna work in a SNF for shit pay try and do as many hours as i can and invest save up and work on my credit to buy a rental property whats your plan after you get it?
>>
>>1153687
U Canadian senpai?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-zAljAgqs

This video tells your future will go.
>>
>>1152813
Find a partner and interview as a team. Also, wear matching tuxedos.
>>
>>1153687
no. i'm american, but i can understand french.
>>
File: 1456740267540.jpg (156 KB, 1280x1143) Image search: [Google]
1456740267540.jpg
156 KB, 1280x1143
>>1153820
>>1154505
whoooops

>>1153812
after CNA, going to study for LPN, then RN, then specialize somewhere to make that 70k.

LPNs make 45k and RNs make 55-65k here

CNAs get hired everywhere over here. i'll probably make 10-15 dollars depending on the place. want to get some experience to show that I can manage being a full-time nurse.

we're gonna make it brah
>>
>>1152902
>noone appreciates muh humor
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.