[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop thinking about money? For the past six months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
How do I stop thinking about money?

For the past six months I've done nothing but work. I stay in on the weekends to save money and pass the time by looking at my stock/bank/credit statemetns and seeing how much money I have and where I can put it to make more money.

It's unhealthy literally all I care about is money right now and it makes me feel like a terrible person. I'm 28 and never had a girlfriend am I going to be a 60 year old virgin reading his stock statements one day and realize that despite having millions of dollars I never started a family and I'm going to die alone never having even spent any of the money just watching my shares appreciate and increase through dividends?
>>
Convert to Judaism.
My wife loves hearing me talk about all the money I've been earning, but lately a lot of it has been going missing. My wife's son said maybe my info was stolen and he was going to try to setup a sting operation to catch the guy, but it's been like 2 months and I haven't heard anything yet.
>>
You eventually hit the range where you're not really rich, but definitely not poor, and slowly begin to stop caring since the change in either direction is slow and boring.
>>
>>1151979
How much would that be? Like 200k in investments by 30? I feel at the point you will be pretty set since if you don't touch it it should hit over a million before you're 50.

Or am I thinking too small?
>>
>>1151964
Same as you, man. Always counting and waiting for payday, to budget and find something to do with the spare money.
>>
>>1151964

Same here. 27, real job less than a year. no kids, no wife, no girlfriend. Want to go out but too damn expensive to be tired the next day. Seriously thinking I'm not living enough now but don't want a crappy future.

>well off in future with no female to bug me......
>>
File: 1413342914722.png (195 KB, 318x396) Image search: [Google]
1413342914722.png
195 KB, 318x396
Same here lads. Why the fuck can't I just be a normie? Why can't I enjoy going out and getting fucking hammered spending all my money on booze and drugs or spending all my money on a lease for a luxury car so people think I'm better then they are?
Why are we afflicted with the Curse of the Jew and only want more and more money yet not spend it on anything that will make us enjoy life?

What can we do?
>>
>>1151964
it all gets easier if you start treating people like capital.

Accumulate it and let it work for you.
>>
>>1152190
Just plan shit with your buds on weekends. If you have no buds, join a country club or some shit.

Also, go to places with lots of women and avoid golddiggers. If you look like shit, start lifting, buy some good clothes, and start looking 110% in the morning.

If you aren't autistic you'll find someone to talk to thats a female.
>>
>>1152190

you can give me some, faggot
>>
>>1151985
Pretty much. I was at around 100k in retirement accounts and 50k in a brokerage account when I lost interest. At that point another $50k didn't really matter.
>>
>>>Same here lads. Why the fuck can't I just be a normie? Why can't I enjoy going out and getting fucking hammered spending all my money on booze and drugs or spending all my money on a lease for a luxury car so people think I'm better then they are?

Because there's something in your heart or more likely head that tells you that what you're doing is pointless. Go for stoicism or existentialism if you want some meaning other than money.

You don't want to be a normie. You may feel guilty that others may look down on you for not being a normie but in reality people respect individualism if it isn't just for show. Because doing it for show is not individualism, it's following the crowd.
>>
>>1152190
>>1152713
Meant to reply to that.

You can try be a normie and people may think you're normal but it's not normal that people like (although they do dislike the extremely perculiar) or love you for. It's being yourself.
>>
you could kill yourself
>>
>>1151964
Try not being a fucking jew, faggot.
>>
>>1151964
Pick up a sport related hobby. It's a cheap way of getting out of the house and socializing, plus it'll get you fit, which can only help your virgo situation.

$500 bike+$300 camping equipments. Assuming your equipment last at least two years (not unrealistic), you can go riding every weekend and camp with local riders/ridettes doing the same. Literally less than $50 per month, including gasoline. Swap bike for surfboard, diving equipment, hiking gear, skiing gear depending on where you live or what you like. Just go on the net to find out about spots and community, go there, have fun, plant your tent and get your ass around the communal fire at night.
Also, regular/daily endorphin release will smooth out your emotional ups and downs, and you can get in to it with an investment frame of mind. A few hundred a year in sports equipments will save you thousands in healthcare down the road.
>>
How do I stop thinking about pussy

For the past six months I've had investment and business opportunities that could've generated thousands of euros but instead I go out and spend all my money I have and even the money I put aside.

It's unhealthy literally all I cared about was good pussy but the only interesting one left and it makes me feel like a worthless person. I'm 24 and I've never had real money I'm going to be 60 and still be a poor used up rag that didn't accomplish anything. No interesting girl will want me either since so unsuccessful.

OP I wish I could trade my life with you. It's easy to become social when you have money, it's hard to become rich when you have nothing but a constant need for distractions.
>>
Everyone always says money is meant to be spent and that if you save money it needs to be for a goal

but I no longer want anything
tens of thousands of dollars accumulate as the months go by and i have no reason to have it
>>
>>1151970
>My wife's son
found the cuck
>>
>>1153781
Exactly. I don't even want a supercar or a beautiful house or VIP nights at clubs popping bottles surrounded by expensive whores. Yet I want money. Why?

THE CURSE OF THE JEW
>>
Simple:
>buy everything you ever wanted that is not extravagant (ie nice furniture, nice gadgets)
>pick one expensive toy to have, and have it
>be prepared to lose everything, including your health and sanity
>stop thinking about the future

Last point is crucial. You are going to die either way - might aswell enjoy now as long as you live according to your rules. Also helps with the ladies because thats the way most of them live - yolo.
>>
>>1153799
i dont like cars
mdf hut with foam insulation does not constitute a "beautiful house"
i dont like people

i like money and having it when others dont
>>
This thread is proof that money doesn't bring happiness.
>>
>>1153852
X doesnt bring happiness
>>
>>1151964
>guy complains about living the dream.
>>
>>1153496
my nig
>>
>>1151964
Dear God help me. I am not getting richer or saving anything. All I'm doing is taxing my brain insanely over nothing. I feel like a vein in my head is going to pop any moment.
>>
You ever play like a Sims game or Starcraft or even fucking Age of Empires? You build an economy and spend money to complete some kind of goal. The money isn't the point just a platform to get what you want
>>
File: 1383100178750.gif (1018 KB, 190x152) Image search: [Google]
1383100178750.gif
1018 KB, 190x152
>>1151964
FYI this is a question for /fit/ not /biz/.

Or really your doctor.
>>
The only reason I think about money all the time is because I don't have enough to financially sustain myself without having a real job. I dream of a night where I leave my bots on, wake up and I have enough money to let me live for at least a decade or so developing my niche skills. It'd also be nice not having to worry so much about meme degree student debt.

Going out and doing normie stuff if stupid to spend your money on. Like the other people in the thread said, try to find hobbies and passions. If you've got money, you can go out and buy a camera, buy a sketch book, get into fitness. All of these things lead down social avenues as well so that you can try to get friends or a gf or whatever. Money won't make up for social retardation though (most of the time anyway...).
>>
>>1154401
bots?
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 211x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 211x346
>>1151964
Read this book,

It can be summed up as "quit worrying so much you faggot."
>>
I saved my money like a greedy Jew for years made some good investments, been frugal as fuck, used the military for a bach degree and masters. Now I just put cash down on a condo that will be in the largest building west of the Mississippi. Is it the best investment with my life savings? prob not, but Ill finally have reached my goal and Ill be living around tons of top notch pussy and influential people.

Not bad for an a wrage intellegence autist
>>
>>1154099
How's that, anon?
>>
File: 1455484433023.jpg (145 KB, 800x1199) Image search: [Google]
1455484433023.jpg
145 KB, 800x1199
>>1154865
lmao, I didn't read it. Saved it for some other post cuz it's a cheeky image. I agree with you that one should focus on their own situation/finances/mental strength, before pursuing a relationship, unless a relationship comes along naturally and promotes both party's individual goals/shared wellbeing.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.