[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i want off this train kill this economy now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: housing bubble.png (172 KB, 1025x672) Image search: [Google]
housing bubble.png
172 KB, 1025x672
i want off this train

kill this economy now
>>
>>1151188
You realize the average home has gotten way bigger?

The biggest reason for this is because people keep buying what would be considered absolutely monster houses 50 years ago. Price per square foot has kept up with the rest of the CPI
>>
>>1151200
Home ownership rate is near a 50 year low. The demand is all from multiple-home owners and speculators, which will (hopefully) crash like it did in 2006.
>>
>>1151213
Yep. People are staying home more because of a ton of reasons but partly because house prices were pushed so high because of the need for 2000+ square foot houses. This is pushing poorer people out of the market and into shitty apartment housing. Hopefully this will mean the market will correct, more smaller houses get made, and the price resets. Obviously this is a problem.
>>
>>1151188
you can thank the chinese
>>
>>1151232
Sure china's housing market is a mess, but its not the main reason the US housing market is not in the best of shape.
>>
>>1151188
where im at, im actually seeing the "cucksheds" being built. then again, i live in a city with practically no zoning laws for housing.
>>
>>1151188
You Americans have life so easy.

You can literally work at McDonalds on minimum wage, and still EASILY manage to save up to buy a house, if you're not a moron.

Australia is fucked, owning a house is pretty much impossible now, unless you inherit or are extremely successful.
>>
>>1151317
Or live outside of Melbourne and Sydney
>>
Not here buddy, I bought my first house for 29K cash. 4 bedroom 2 bath on a quarter acre. Look for foreclosures.
>>
>>1151188
you need to sit at the big boy table to get on any of this son CMON
>>
>>1151333
With foreclosures I worry about "as-is" and the houses generally being pretty shitty

>>1151317
Minimum wage is $7.25/hour. Assuming you work full time, that's only $1100 per month. Where are you going to find a house for that, nevermind saving for the downpayment, other expenses, etc?
>>
>>1151360
Take a home inspection course at your local college, you can make $250-$400 for a 3 hour inspection job, and you will learn what to watch out for. Learn all your basic trades, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, & flooring. YouTube is a great place to learn about trades. Then you will have marketable skills and knowledge for your first home buying experience.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.