[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Investment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 640x426
Situation: have an old farmhouse, completely rehabbed with land worth 600k. Sell and invest or rent?
>>
Vague questions get vague answers: outlook not good.
>>
If you can capitalize the land (farming, development), keep it. If you can't and have another house already, sell it. As far as renting, I doubt there's a big demand to rent in bumfuckville.
>>
Compare what renting it will get you with what you could get by selling and buying rentals with better ROI.

Chances are, selling it is best
>>
>>1150964
Subdivide the farmland and live in the house.
>>
you should raise alpacas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqbeT570b5E
>>
Keep it and put it on Airbnb as a full house rental. You will make easy money. I have a house on a farm like this in the middle of no where. I make over 50k a year renting it out by itself.

A word of caution though, be properly insured! Don't just trust any random Airbnb renter. You have options as the owner.
>>
>>1151077
Ground is permanently preserved farmland. This pic isn't of my property. Demand for rent is huge. 10 mins from major university, 30 from major city. I have another house and rent the land out. Only profit about 2k a year off of the land. Right now I'm debating to rent the house out which I should be able to profit roughly $600/ month or sell everything, take that money and invest elsewhere. My concern with renting it is the obvious scum bags that will destroy, not pay, or both.
>>
>>1151649
>Ground is permanently preserved farmland

rent the grounds to farmers, rent the house to college students
>>
>>1151649
screen your tenants well
>>
>>1150964
Farm the land, that's what the house is there for. If you own it outright, live in it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.