[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who is just launching his biotech startup anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: spice flows downhill.jpg (395 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
spice flows downhill.jpg
395 KB, 1600x1200
Ask someone who is just launching his biotech startup anything.
>>
How about what your business dose fuck tard
>>
>>1150728

Well, for one, we do spell does correctly.
>>
>>1150734
how much capital are you going into it with?
>>
>>1150753

Right now not much. We have about 50k in startup funds plus a small lab, could probably access 500k more if need be in direct credit without giving up any equity or issuing any securities.
>>
>>1150706
You plan on having an IPO so I can pour some money into your penny stock?
>>
>>1150759

Probably not in the near future. We'd rather not be a penny stock.
>>
what drug
>>
>>1150757

that's nothing, how the hell can you run a biotech with that money?
>>
>>1150775

We're launching with a non-amphetamine that has similar effects to most ADHD medicine. Mostly there, but we need to go through the nightmare of getting FDA approval after we narrow down our variant.

>>1150777

By putting in a lot of our own hours for free!
>>
>>1150784
is it some kind of modafanil relative or something?
>>
>>1150790

No, very chemically different.
>>
>>1150706
Do you have a corporate finance job open?

Got credentials btw
>>
>>1150797

We don't have near enough cashflow or cash on hand to need someone in finance yet.
>>
>>1150784

So basically nothing
>>
>>1150784
synthetic product or do you obtain it from a natural source?
>>
>>1150926

Synthetic, otherwise we couldn't patent it.
>>
>>1150706
>>1150759
>>1150767

When will you be orchestrating your /biz/ pump and dump?
After all the ether shits dry up?
>>
>>1151299

I'd rather do an IPO when my company is actually worth something, but I guess if eating steak is off the table I'm not necessarily opposed to a burger if the alternative is starving.
>>
>>1150706
Hire me faggot.
>>
>>1151328

Hahahahaha, I can't even pay myself yet.
>>
>>1151331
You'll never be able to pay yourself. Big pharma hates competition, you ever talk to one of those blowhards? They act like the world revolves around them. If they ever get a wind of you they'll fuck you up, over, and from behind just for good measure.
>>
File: fu.jpg (201 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
fu.jpg
201 KB, 750x500
>>1151334

Hypothetically, suppose that 90% of my current hires are (insert navy seal copy pasta). I don't afraid of nobody.
>>
>>1150784
newfag here

so you're engineering a medicine? you're creating your own medicine and now you're making a startup so that you could create this medicine independently?
>>
>>1150706
how big is your dick?
will this drug make it bigger?
>>
>>1151342

More like so I can create it in bulk.
>>
>>1150784

Can I please have sample? I'll pay for shipping. I'm not joking.
>>
>>1152596
Why a sample of his unknown/untested compound instead of a proven one? (Or at least already known one)
>>
>plus a small lab
Context? I feel like this whole thread is four guys on Skype, one of whom has a meth-lab type setup in his parents' garage. Not that I'm criticizing that. If that's the case, I find it incredible and inspiring that you're actively working to design and market a pharmaceutical.
>>
>>1152596

Eh, we'll see.

>>1152732

No, no. It's a rookie patent lawyer, a chemist, a biochemist/engineer, and an assistant marketing manager.

And it's not a meth-lab type setup in my parents garage... it's in a modified tool-shed.
>>
>>1151334
this. the only way to get any money in biotech is through the government and right now they are all in on diagnostics. making a random drug is a one way street to getting patent trolled out of the market unless the laws have changed since i was in university.

if you had any skills you would already have a very comfy job in big pharma anyway. a biotech "startup" in 2016 means managing your own lab/project under a larger network. without bulk orders, connections to the FDA/USDA/military etc you are just shooting yourself in the foot. im guessing you hope to sell the company one day but that's just not the culture in this industry. you're better off doing alternative medicine or some fitness/health supplement, or if you're still not going to listen to me then tell the FDA to fuck off and sell internationally.
>>
How many years of experience and schooling did you and your employees have?
>>
>>1150798
I'll work for equity
>>
>>1153577

Combined? About 28 of experience and schooling.
>>
>>1153598
Nah i meant each. Grad school, phd, worked in industry, etc
>>
>>1150734
Can you make money spelling "does" correctly? How is that biotech? Do you teach bacteria to use a keyboard or something?
>>
>>1153559

I'm not kidding. I'm really interested to sample it. Also, was it you who posted about your discovery several months ago? I actually wanted to contact you back then but the thread closed...
>>
>>1153559
You need mathematician.
I'm your man.
>>
has your drug been through any trials yet ? animal or human
>>
Should I get a Master's in Medical Statistics? I have an offer, but I'm not sure about the field yet. Thoughts?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.