[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying global warming isn't a scam to vaccum tax
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14
File: alGore_1515233e.jpg (8 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
alGore_1515233e.jpg
8 KB, 300x187
>implying global warming isn't a scam to vaccum tax dollars into the pockets of well-connected elites

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html

Why do we let them get away with this shit?
>>
Who implied that?

Everyone knows it's a scam.
>>
File: readImage.jpg (38 KB, 620x445) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
38 KB, 620x445
>>1149141
everybody knows is a scam but the amounts of carbon based fuels must be kept at a minimum cus they are none renewable once they are burned they are gone forever and by creating a false flag scenario you can keep weak countries from using it.

also if you let the Jews running the oil empire they'll burn down to the last huff of gas before they allow need technologies to be created.

plus it does affect the earth more or less, the scam is actually believing we can do something about it.

pro tip, we can't, will burn down to the last shard of coal by the time we are through with this planet
>>
>implying man bear pig isnt farting out greenhouse gases and roasting the earth
>>
File: Donald Trump Redneck.jpg (61 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Donald Trump Redneck.jpg
61 KB, 640x400
>global warming is a scam.
>>
File: truthbomb.png (877 KB, 1421x682) Image search: [Google]
truthbomb.png
877 KB, 1421x682
>>1149943
>global hoaxing is real
>>
>global warming
>scam

Even though this is /pol/tier trolling i hope you faggots die in a fire.
>>
>>1150833
>the Earth will be uninhabitable by 2010
>Japan will be underwater by 2014
>crops will stop growing by 2009
Literally no global warming prediction has come true. If governments have only ever lied to you about this, why do you think they arent still lying?
>>
1) The earth is heating right now. That is an undeniable fact

The issue now is whether this is part of a natural cycle or if humans are accelerating it.

Since it's difficult to discern who is and isn't a shill on either side, let's assume the "easiest" fix choice of it being manmade.

Now we're back to more shilling because the Republican party still denies it and the Democratic party offers no solutions besides higher taxes and pump n dump green energy grants

Even if the US and EU fixed a lot of problems, it doesn't change China, India, etc, because they just don't give a fuck about the environment

Tldr there is nothing that can be done about climate change by our government. Vote for Republicans so you have guns and don't have to pay a bs carbon tax for nothing, and then just hope the apocalypse doesn't happen in your lifetime
>>
>>1150850
This is as retarded as saying you should go to church every Sunday just in case god is real.
>>
>>1150853

Can you refute it without ad homs, straw men, and appeals to emotion?
>>
>>1150850
>the world is getting hotter
Nope. The SURFACE is averaging slightly warmer in the certain places where weather stations are in place. For all we fucking know its colder than ever in 99% of Antartica and all of Africa's numbers are suspect due to Africans. I am also highly skeptical that the addition of pavement surrounding weather stations hasnt skewed data dramatically
>>
File: Screenshot_20160318-180512.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160318-180512.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>1149141
No no.
>>
>>1150850
>The earth is heating right now. That is an undeniable fact

Well, not right this second, no. Satellite data shows it has not warmed for about 19 years.

Over a 150 year time scale, it has warmed by a fraction of a degree.

But if you go back further, it has been much, much hotter. The world did not end.

There isn't even a good correlation between CO2 and temperature. It makes sense that alarmists would be wrong about CO2 being a primary forcing. All they have in their models is CO2, water vapour and clouds. They don't include the sun, milankovitch cycles, ocean oscillations, the wind, El Nino, cosmic rays, etc.

And what's more, there's no control Earth anyway. It's all as unscientific as can be.
>>
In 2000 Al Gore's net worth was less than 2 million. Now, it is 200 Million.
>>
>>1150847
I mean, the vast majority of scientists in the fields of both climatology and environmental studies, ecology etc. agree that humans are causing the climate to change at a rate that the ecosystem cannot adapt to appropriately. I really don't understand why people refuse to believe it.
>>
>>1149141
>vaccum tax dollars
Far larger than that pleb.
Energy is life, they are going for full life control with consent from the masses. It's a new age religion, don't worry about it but certainly beware of it.
>>
>>1150909

They've been drinking republican koolaid for years. The chances of them waking up and realizing that it's all shit are virtually nil.
>>
>>1150909
No they dont. If you are quoting the "97% of scientists" number, you should do some research on how that number was produced. The true number is around 45% of scientists. I could post the source, but I would rather you look into it yourself. This way I trust your view will be less biased

>>1150923
I claim no political affiliation. I am no Republican. Neither am I scientist. But it is very easy to tell when a person or group is being deceptive in their presentation as a means to an end. Governments are being extremely deceptive with the global warming story. The UN has been caught fudging temperature numbers. This is a fact. Ask yourself why.
>>
>>1150859

can you explain why all the glaciers in the world seem to be melting then? genuinely curious about a counter argument to this evidence because I haven't heard anything compelling yet
>>
>>1150941
actually that is the weakest argument in favor of global warming, because a glacier is in no way invariable and can form and melt at leisure. those are also extremely tiny glaciers. and i say this as a believer in human interference on the environment
>>
>>1150947
>can form and melt at leisure

what do you mean by at leisure? surely there is some identifiable force driving the uniform melting around the world
>>
>>1150941
Icecaps have advanced and retreated in different areas since the beginning of time. That picture is a bit like taking two photographs of a lake -one frozen in winter and the other liquid in summer- then using it as an argument for how man is destroying the environment. That would be ridiculous to anyone, only because of how we reference the seasons in our timeframe. Imagine showing a 500 year old tree the picture of the glacier and being laughed at as he has seen the cycles the same as we see the seasons.

Besides, even NASA sattelite data shows an increase in polar ice caps, not a decrease. There is nothing strange about a glacier receding. This is middle school science
>>
>>1150952
Yes, but what is it? Some force has been changing the climate warmer and cooler since long before humans existed here. Until the natural swings in the climate are explained, how can anyone claim to explain this warming period as anything other than a natural occurance?
>>
>>1150952
im talking about those series of pictures explicitly. if you want to present data then thats your prerogative. those pictures only serve to subvert the debator by being wholly vacuous
>>
I really don't get the whole "global warning is evil and unnatural and must be stopped" meme

The climate on this planet has always changed

Am I the only one that knows about the ice ages?
mammoths and shit
there's a movie
>>
>>1150983
this is always an extremely weak argument. ok, so basically you think that whatever happens, happens. so technically you dont have any opposition to those fighting to effect change, because they are also just 'happening'. a shitpost
>>
>>1150992
No, it's because we dont understand what caused the ice ages. If scientists dont understand what naturally changes the climate, why should I believe they suddenly know that humans are doing it
>>
>>1149141
>FIRST carbon billionaire
it's not a very fucking good scheme then is it?
>>
>>1150983
Yes the climate has been hotter and colder d than it is now but that was millions of years ago. All of civilization has developed during a time of relatively constant temperature called the holocene. It's not that earth will stop existing with global warming, it's that having civilization will be much harder. There will be less places to grow crops, there will be less places to live without extreme temperatures, there will be more natural disasters that fuck up infrastructure. It's a basic economic equation that says it makes sense to stay in the holocene rather than adapt to a different climate.

Speaking of adaptation, humans are very good at it. Climate change will make our lives a bit more expensive and probably kill a few people but we will survive. Lots of plants and animals won't adapt though which means less species diversity which could mean less shit for us to discover and utilise.

The reason so many animals won't adapt is because global warming is caused or is at least accelerated by humans. Bullshit about Milankovic cycles and cosmic rays all you want, if you accept those as factors you better fucking accept that CO2, CH4, etc cause a greenhouse effect that warms the planet.
>>
>>1150992

The question is that if it is man made, then how do you realistically eliminate or reduce it to negligible amounts.

The carbon tax is a retarded idea because it just gets passed on to the consumer and nothing changes

What are you going to do about the millions of cars currently running

Even if you closed down every manufacturing job in the US, you have changed nothing. All those jobs are just going to be shipped over to China or India, not counting all the other overseas factories that are operating without any regulation.

The liberals complain a lot about climate change, but they never give realistic ways to solve the problem

There is no short term fix without a global roll back on lifestyle.
>>
>>1151031
The climate is changing faster than it has in the earth's history so things won't have as much time to adapt.

But seriously, biz. Of course politicians don't care about the climate and will use anything they can to get power and tax money. That doesn't mean climate change is a hoax or scam. Please don't act stupid.
>>
>>1151031
So explain what caused the planet to warm the last time around
>>
>>1151037
>Even if you closed down every manufacturing job in the US, you have changed nothing. All those jobs are just going to be shipped over to China or India, not counting all the other overseas factories that are operating without any regulation.

you make valid points, but this is a loaded conclusion. if the goal is global social reform, its obviously the goal to be implemented on a global scale. to say "no point since" is not a rebuttal unless that 'since' is an impossibility

>>1151037
>There is no short term fix without a global roll back on lifestyle.
yes, simply put. unrealistic, but the necessary means to the goal, assuming the goal is also necessary
>>
>>1151043
No, Al Gore literally brought global warming from CO2 to the mainstream through the U.S. Congress. Even the professor he stole the work from had largely abandoned the idea
>>
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/february-smashes-earths-alltime-global-heat-record-by-a-jawdropping
>>
>>1151037
You're right man and I don't know how we could prevent climate change or if it's even possible. Prominent game theorists thought there was there was no outcome other than nuclear war during the cold war and somehow that was avoided. Climate change is obviously a different game and I think it's one that's much harder to predict.
>>
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/noaa-agrees-february-2016-was-earths-warmest-month-in-recorded-histo
>>
>>1151059
>the warmest seasonally adjusted month
>seasonally adjusted
It's like you've never heard of El Nino. Btw, the previous record was '98. You guessed it. An El Nino year.

Why would they take that info and write the headline, "February Smashes Earth's Alltime Heat Record." Because people like you only read headlines. Now ask yourself why the media is being so deceptive about this
>>
>>1151074
"February 2016 also marked the tenth consecutive month that the monthly temperature record was been broken and the fifteenth consecutive month (since December 2014) that the monthly global temperature ranked among the three warmest for its respective month in the NOAA database. "
>>
>>1151047

It comes off as a loaded question simply because the practicality of the question of how to REALISTICALLY create global reform on the issue is basically impossible.
>>
>>1151074
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2324#commenttop
>>
>>1151074
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2896

"2014: Hottest Year in Recorded Global History"
>>
>>1151074
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2615

"2013: Earth's 4th Warmest Year on Record"
>>
>>1151078
>[as measured by departure from average]
They literally cannot be straightforward about anything.

You're looking at a year long period on a timeline of billions of years and claiming statistical relevance.

If you recall, two years ago was the coldest winter on record on the East Coast. How does this fit into your consecutive warm months forever
>>
>>1151074
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1728

"2010: Tied with 2005 for warmest year on record."
>>
>>1151093
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=895

"2007: Fifth warmest year on record"

On record means on record, it's perfectly straightforward.
>>
>>1151096
>>1151099
So what? 2007 was the fifth warmest year in the last century. We've established that the climate changes. None of this is evidence of man made global warming
>>
>>1151096
>>1151099
oh yes the infamous record that goes back to the inception of the universe
>>
>>1151093
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=599

"2006: sixth warmest year on record"

Just go ahead and present any scientific evidence supporting your assertions, from any credible source whatsoever. I'll just wait while you get that together.
>>
>>1151106
Sample is too small.
>>
>>1151106
What are you talking about? My assertion is the climate has been changing since the beginning if time. Are you denying the iceages? One hundred years out of a billion isnt worth much
>>
>>1151103

Sorry I was still addressing your statement above about the previous record being set in 1998. I didn't notice that you had moved the goal posts.
>>
>>1151105
no, to the inception of humankind, which means the biome that we can survive in. if the earth was 12000 degrees 3 billion years ago, that doesnt mean its ok for that to happen today. im sorry for my absurdity
>>
>>1151136
the record goes back a hundred years you dip
>>
>>1151119
No one has said that our climate hasn't ever changed before, or that there haven't been previous warm or cold periods. That's a perfect example of a straw man argument right there.

So the greenhouse effect is not phd level chemistry, it's high school level. A runaway greenhouse effect is why the surface of Venus is 900 degrees. It's been experimentally verified many times over. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. The levels of CO2 are rising, and it's from our burning of fossil fuels.

There are mountains of scientific evidence supporting everything I just said, published and peer reviewed by the global scientific community. I could start grabbing some right now, but I thought since there's so much evidence in support of it, that maybe you could just post some of the scientific evidence supporting your claim that it has nothing to do with humanity, since there's so little of it. Assuming that's still your claim, of course. It's hard to tell when you keep shifting your position.
>>
>>1151140
i wasnt talking about anything specifically, i was saying that responding to someone that said we should relate our environment to the entire history of earth, which is a folly. reading comprehension shouldve been taught in the earlier grades
>>
>>1151150
learn to read you dip the post was using a hyperbole and sarcasm to point out the record goes back a hundred years and is therefor worth shit
>>
>>1151145
CO2 represents less than a fraction of a percent of the greenhouse gases. The biggest greenhouse gas by far is water vapor. So on the one hand you have less than a millionth of a percent of the atmosphere (CO2) changing well within known previous levels. On the other hand you have water vapor, which if we are discussing greenhouse gases, should be under much stricter scrutiny. Why is the effect airplane contrails have on creating clouds not discussed? Clouds are the biggest contributer to the greenhouse effect by far.

No one is denying that greenhouse gases exist. The discussion is over the role of CO2 as a major contributor to the overall greenhouse effect.
>>
>>1151164
And the scientific evidence backing up your claims? (which have been thoroughly debunked, many times over, by the way.)
>>
>>1151170
What claims?
>>
>>1151170
Well if you don't even know what you're claiming, then never mind. I'll just leave this paper from the American Chemistry Society here:

http://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/climatesciencenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html\

I'll just keep waiting for your credibly sourced scientific evidence supporting your claim, which btw is that "The fact that water vapor is a greenhouse gas invalidates the theory that CO2 is causing the warming."

I hope that clears things up for you.
>>
>>1151170
If you are referring to my claim that clouds are the biggest contributor to the greenhouse effect, I refer you to common knowledge. Clear winter mornings are by far the coldest as the heat escapes with relative ease. Go outside once in awhile

Jet-created clouds as a contributor to surface warming deserves further study and no, has never been debunked. However, the organization funding climate studies is the same pushing the carbon tax. If you can't see the conflict, you are blinded by your political views. Science and politics should not go hand in hand
>>
>>1151180
>In that case, the effect of adding more water vapor would be cooling rather than warming. But cloud cover does mean more condensed water in the atmosphere, making for a stronger greenhouse effect than non-condensed water vapor alone – it is warmer on a cloudy winter day than on a clear one. Thus the possible positive and negative feedbacks associated with increased water vapor and cloud formation can cancel one another out and complicate matters. The actual balance between them is an active area of climate science research.

Translation: it could go both ways, we dont know. We'll ignore it and blame everything on cars
>>
>>1151164
Holy shit, what is wrong with you? Small changes can have big effects. Without the greenhouse effect we would be dead. Without water vapour it would be too cold. Global warming is only a few degrees but it is enough change to fuck with things.

Not to mention the feedback loop you get when co2 makes it warmer which causes more water to evaporate, which creates a great-grandfather greenhouse effect.
>>
>>1151164
more heat from co2 = more water vapor = self-fulfilling catastrophe
>>
>>1151190
> great-grandfather
greater
>>
>>1151037
You completely misunderstand the carbon tax. Its SUPPOSED to be passed to the consumer. To make the consumer more conscious and willing to pay for alternatives. It actually works.
>>
>>1151186
You didn't read the paper I posted, go ahead and read it. It's not that long, dude.

How about, instead of me shooting down each of your unsupported claims one at a time, you just go ahead and post some links to credible sources presenting the scientific evidence in support of your claim that CO2 is not a significant factor in the current global warming.
>>
>>1151199
See: >>1151189

I read the paper.
>>
>>1151196
Yes and you can even put a limit (cap) on total emissions so people can trade those emissions like any other finite resource.
>>
>>1151199
I literally dont need to since there is no evidence that it is a factor
>>
>>1151204
Yeah ok. You're a long way from the home of your original post here. Are you sure you want to keep going? I feel a little bad, blowing you the fuck out so badly in your own thread.

You know, it wouldn't be weak to just admit defeat, turn off your computer and call it a day. Come back tomorrow with a full head of steam. I would respect that more than the presentation you're giving right now.
>>
>>1151199
Explain why the ice caps on Mars are melting

Explain how the Earth has warmed over the past 500 years prior to any fossil fuels being burned

Explain why, if their case is so strong, the IPCC was caught fudging temperatures to create a warmer record

Explain why more focus has not gone towards the sharp increase in solar flares NASA has attributed to the last 100 years

>>1151218
You've just given up and are name calling and memeing now. The article you posted explained that the effect of water vapor as a greenhouse gas (it is by far the largest by volume) is not clear and requires more study. This was my position all along. I refer you to my post: >>1151186 , which was verified in the article you attempted to "BTFO" it with
>>
>/biz/ is just /pol/ Ayn Rand edition
>>
>>1149141

shit like this makes you wake up to the reality of the entire fucking economic world being nothing other than a gigantic capitalist pump&dump shitshow with mass deception and conspiration going on all over the place. if you are born wealthy and have access to the back rooms in which deals are made and hands are shaken, you cannot possibly drop low enough to fall into middle class. you've got money means you can make more money, with just a couple phonecalls. opportunities arise all the time.

truly, employment is the realm of the subhuman cuck wageslave.

there really is a massive divergence ocurring, with a ruling class becoming increasingly powerful and secluded. i'm 100% serious.

and before someone mentions my tinfoil hat, i don't even listen to alex jones' podcast you faggot. this shit is real.
>>
File: IMG_20160319_155336.jpg (869 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_155336.jpg
869 KB, 3072x1728
>>1151231
Dude, instead of asking people to hold your hand through the basics of earth system science, I suggest you pick up a text book and learn it yourself. I recommend The Blue Planet by Skinner and Murck.
>>
>>1151231
Yeah nah. I got some other things to do now. What should be obvious though is that one of has a political agenda that is more important to them than the truth, and one of us doesn't.

I'll leave it to the reader to decide which is which. Ciao for now.
>>
>>1151231
Because of the lack of atmosphere

Because the earth goes through warming periods naturally. Luckily we somewhat know the causes and know that CO2 is a big one.

The IPCC was not caught fudging temp data. They conceded that their past data was wrong and used other sources which were far more consistent.

I don't know on the last one.
>>
>>1151247
>>1151248
The political stance here would be the one being pushed by the politicians and governments around the world. I think that is painfully obvious to those not clouded by ideologies

I understand it can be hard to have your comfy government-fed reality shattered to pieces, but you should both wake up. Government lies are never meant to protect you. Follow the money always
>>
>>1151258
I suggest you go talk to a researcher. It can be enlightening.
>>
>>1151260

Daily reminder that liberals cannot debate without fallacies

Appeal to authority
>>
>>1151264
No, go talk to a researcher to learn.

Its not an appeal to authority. That's where you're wrong, its an appeal to evidence. They can give you information.
>>
>>1151268
The entire climatology area of study suffers from massive confirmation bias. You cant be a "climatologist" unless you are studying CO2 and all your money comes from organizations who want the "right answers."

It's like telling me to go talk to one of Bernie Sanders' pet economists to learn about economics. It's politics masquerading as science

I'd rather listen to legitimate scientists, like meteorologists. Evem the founder of the weather channel completely disregards the "science" surrounding manmade GW
>>
>>1151277
Bernie Sanders has the utter disrespect of economists around the world. You'd think with people like Trump and Cruz who are economic disasters that the left would be getting more respect but he's making people lose it.

Anyways, I'm fully aware of this confirmation bias and I think they are too. The problem is that meterologists still generally show that there is a problem. They focus on different things, and often will cite things like "surface temps are stable and below predictions, but upper atmopshere temps are steadily rising" which people take out of context and say "surface temps are below predictions". I don't have as much experience in this, but the upper atmosphere problem isn't something that people can simply dismiss like that from what I understand.

Meteorologists aren't pitted against climate scientists as much as people like to say. I can say that for a fact.
>>
>>1151284
Yes, I'm sure there is legitimate warming. Earth warms and cools. The political machine is a giant red flag that makes the manmade explanation so suspect. Things simply do not become political agendas without alterior motives.

Take carbon capture technology, for example. There are coal plants built in Europe that run cleaner than natgas fired plants. But our President is hell bent on ending coal and declared that he would make it hell on earth for anyone trying to build a new coal fired plant. Yet the technology exists to render coal as clean as solar. Why arent we throwing pur weight behind carbon capture if it's such a problem?
>>
>>1151242
that info uses really blunt and poor logic. both sides are near literally the same thing
>>
Global climate is clearly some kind of issue of importance, sure. Which makes it obvious that opportunists will seek to profit off of it in terms of both money and political lobbying power, especially when you have leftist progressive-approved One Voice apocalyptic doomsaying on your side with Hollywood celebrities being your star propagandists year after year after year.

Focus on making your country's air and water relatively clean and handling waste appropriately and seeking better energy production tech and that's about all you can fucking do. Much beyond that, you're just crippling your own country's economy and production for the sake of something you cannot make a dent in.

And looking at the big picture, the only way to really stop global warming would be to have some kind of globalized government making sure everyone is following the rules. Now why would any powerful politician or billionaire want that kind of crazy globalized power!? Clearly nonsense!
>>
>>1149141
Yeah, no shit op. Doesn't matter though, people eat it up. If doesn't really bother me much, let the retards fight global warming and do everything you can to profit off of them.

Hysteria just means profits. I'm just trying to figure out how to make my share off of the global warming shit.
>>
>>1151336
>Hysteria just means profits. I'm just trying to figure out how to make my share off of the global warming shit.

Say that Donald Trump is causing Global Warming. Hysteria Synergy!
>>
>>1151336
You cant because it's completely nonsensical and only driven by cronyism. Like I said earlier, carbon capture technology should be the future and is the most viable option. But they're legislating and allotting capital like it doesn't exist. It's impossible to predict what "solution" will come next because it's all a giant scam aimed at siphoning money in perpetuity. They're making so much money and power off the problem, why would they ever solve it?
>>
>>1151369
Everything I've read shows that carbon capture is very expensive. Which is why its not considered viable.

Its not hated by environmentalists at all. Its just considered a waste of money.
>>
>>1150941
>>1150963
>That picture is a bit like taking two photographs of a lake -one frozen in winter and the other liquid in summer-
LOL NO
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (36 KB, 551x400) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
36 KB, 551x400
>>1150983
>mammoths and shit
>there's a movie
Mississippi scientist detected
>>
>>1150947
So why are they all melting away at the same time?
>>
>>1151258
I've already told you itt. Just because the government is a theiving, manipulative group of power hungry sociopaths doesn't mean climate change isn't real. Don't be a dumb ass.
>>
>>1151443
But that is where manmade CO2 global warming started. A vote in Congress. This isnt something that scientists brought to the attention of the government. This is something the government paid scientists to research
>>
>>1151445
Absolutely not. The idea tracks back to the 1800s. Scientists have been ahead of the votes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_climate_change_science

>nb4 >Wikipedia
>>
>>1151037
>but they never give realistic ways to solve the problem
How about a device that can I don't know, take the CO2 out of the air or something?
>>
>implying global warming is a scam
>not applying pigouvian fees to price in externalities
>Unironically reading The Telegraph

wew.
>>
>>1151574

please be joking
>>
>>1151596
Nope
being one hundred percent unironic
if a tree can do it why can't they make something better tbqh?
>>
File: 1380333410764.jpg (7 KB, 206x237) Image search: [Google]
1380333410764.jpg
7 KB, 206x237
>>1149141
Global warming is a known scheme by social leftists to fuck over the poor and enrich themselves. This has been known for years by anyone with a brain. Al Gore wanted to be the face of it so he could cash in first, but he fucked himself with his hilariously bad science. Even the shabbos goy television personalities couldn't defend his outrageous claims..
>>
>>1151627
Heeey, at least you managed to grow up i guess. That's something to put on your CV for idk, full time retarded? It's always hiring.
>>
Ice age is when the planet naturally supports glaciers. We are still in an ice age people. Global warming is part of the cycle.
>>
>global warming is a scam
cope
>all refugees are rapist and terrorists
cope
>hard work is everything determinism is a scam
cope
>>
>>1151607
It's called carbon capture and it's absolutely a thing. It just isnt getting the massive Obamabux that go to Solyndra and Elon Musk to create <1% of America's electricity
>>
>>1151480
>man made global warming was discovered in the 1800s
>before widespread fossil fuel use
These are the liars we are dealing with. They'll twist any info they can get their hands on to make it fit the narrative.

The page you linked talks about iceages, Al.
>>
>>1150992
what are they fighting? the movement of celestial bodies? good luck with that
>>
>>1151164

>So on the one hand you have less than a millionth of a percent of the atmosphere (CO2)

Wow, you're only off by 2 orders of magnitude. How did you become so science?
>>
>>1152000
What is hyperbole?
>>
You conspiracy guys are in denial just look around. More earthquakes, scorching summers, islands being swallowed up by the sea, bigger huricanes, dying fish from boiling water temperatures, crops dying in Africa and the middle east, more meteors falling to earth than ever before. The evidence is undeniable and fossil fuel companies are to blame
>>
>>1150929
Go ahead and post your source.
>>
>>1152453
The source is the scientists who wrote the papers in question. This was not a simple, "Do you believe man is drastically changing the climate," survey. Cook was paid by the U.N. to classify papers as being for man made GW or against and based his 97% number off of this. You can see how terrible that methodology is

http://www.populartechnology.net/2013/05/97-study-falsely-classifies-scientists.html?m=1#Update2

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/05/30/global-warming-alarmists-caught-doctoring-97-percent-consensus-claims/#4fece7805909

If the U.N. is falsifying information to back their ideologies, why should we believe any of it at all. There is obviously alterior motives here
>>
>>1152492
Essentially Cook decided there were 3% of published papers that argued CO2 is not a greenhouse gas, which is ridiculous. Of course it's a greenhouse gas, the question is whether the amount man puts into the atmosphere is really enough to even be a problem. And the 97% does not reflect the answer to that question. But politicians and sheep on the internet use it as such
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-13-18-43-02.png (603 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-13-18-43-02.png
603 KB, 1280x720
>>1150941
I live on the Pacific north west.

not even 10 years ago we used to have snow on the mountains year round almost.

then started to become only in winter.

we are at the point where the snow was melted 2 months ago and only the highest points have snow it doesn't even rain up here anymore and California cockroach are starting to crawl in.

feels bad I hate people and that's a reason I like this spot it used to rain day in and out and normies hated that

reeeeeee

red necks spics and yuppies be gone REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1152922
Wow I'm sure the lack of snow has nothing to do with the drought
>>
File: 1427844222792.jpg (46 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
1427844222792.jpg
46 KB, 590x393
>>1152922
We didn't even have a winter in western Canada this year, it was mild like spring or fall, the lowest it went was -20C ONCE, normally there's a few weeks of -30C weather
>>
>>1151627
>a scheme to fuck over the poor and enrich themselves

I don't know if I've heard a dumber sentence all year.

A proposed carbon tax that only applies to business owners, is going to fuck the poor, and leftists are going to enrich themselves with, presumably, the poor's non-existent wealth?

Ok then. I see you're a fan of the Trump.
>>
>>1152922
Dude, the pacific northwest has been getting the storms which should have been hitting California. Either capture your goddamn rain or stop bitching.
>>
>>1152935
HOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIITTT. This has to be bait.

Are you not familiar with the coastal PNW? It's literally a constant onslaught of rain all the time. This year has been the stormiest and rainiest in recent memory. Instead of mountain snow we just got mountain rain.
>>
>>1153044
No company has ever paid a dime of taxes. Corporate taxes are reflected in price of product, or passed on to the consumer.
>>
>global warming is a scam
OP's portfolio
long on $TINFOIL
short on $LUCIDTY
>>
>>1150856
>Can you refute it without ad homs, straw men, and appeals to emotion?
But that anon used none of that, made a valid point and moreover you are retarded.
>>
File: image.png (136 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136 KB, 325x325
>tfw environmental science major at Ivy League school

Mmmm feels so good to have a whole sham industry to make money in
>>
>>1153044
>be apple
>hype up global warming
>"look at us with our solar panels!"
>"buy our stuff its so green!"

>still use the same chemicals and minerals from the congo and siera leone
>still produce in china

>enjoy them american green subsidies and improved image
>pump out Chinese carbon like its going out of fashion with all it going unrecorded straight down $1/hour 13 year old lungs

ultimate troll, this is what every company does

for every green tax on poor cucks like you there is a subsidy for a multinational
>>
Coinfags, libertarians and retarded AGW denialists are the cancer of this board and they are probably the same people as well.

Anyway, FYI there is currently ample opportunity to get into the solar panel reseller and installation business. It's booming. It's relatively easy to get into. It's easy to find employees. It's does not require huge capital expenditures to get started.
>>
>>1153670
Can't wait till it all comes crashing down around you senpai
>>
>>1153736
Tell me more anon.
>>
>>1153745
U mad neet?
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.