[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chipotle is dropping like a rock. Should I sell now or ride out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8 KB, 225x225
Chipotle is dropping like a rock. Should I sell now or ride out the storm? Bought in at $492
>>
been curious about this one to what does everyone think its actual valuation should be?
>>
ride out the storm. A) don't buy high and sell low unless you think a company will NEVER rebound and B) stupid fucking Americans will forget about this ebola bullshit when they go 1 full month without any fuck ups. Just be patient
>>
Think I should buy in when its around $350?
>>
>>1148402

You're not that smart buying in so high, it was at $404 on Jan 19 after the big Ebola scare and is up 25% in the last couple months. I would put the intrinsic valuation at $520 tops, but hold and ride it out. It was overweight pre-Ebola drop so best of luck!

The portfolio I work for bought in at $420.
>>
>>1148402
rumour is that they are being brought down bc they refused to go GMO so they are being taken down. Sell everything.
>>
chipotel
>>
Why would you ever buy such a stock m8?

Might as well ride out the storm, califags will continue to visit the damn place after they forget about the E-Coli scare. Give about 3-6 months.
>>
Chipotle has been skimping out on my burritos lately, and I just put two and two together. They're hurting and trying to recoup losses by selling smaller portions for the same price.
>>
>>1150086
Lmao you're so stupid

In my area Chipotle ahs been handing out free buritos left and right (I got 4 free ones in one week) and I see them giving out double chicken and not charging for it.

It actually makes me mad that some dumb fuckers will see one store out of 2000 and make some conclusions based on a .05% sample size like holy shit how gay can you be
>>
>>1148411
there's fear in the market right now but imo, too much genuine value for us to crash now
chipotle is a sign of things to come, and that's the reality. the consumer wants a quality alternative to typical fast food

I honestly think the habit should see a bigger rise, but that's more a bet in artisan burgers than the habit itself

>>1150086
lol. really?
is it just the franchise near you? that's not a great indicator of good management in any case
>>
>>1148932
That rumor is tinfoil-level stupid
>>
>>1150121
>In my area Chipotle ahs been handing out free buritos left and right (I got 4 free ones in one week) and I see them giving out double chicken and not charging for it.

Sounds like they are desperate for customers and/or need to get rid of shit that nobody's buying before it goes bad

rip Chipotel
>>
>>1150121
gab that to me mug m8 nt online and see what comes about
>>
>>1148402

You should probably sell it
>>
>>1150130
sounds like that's going to build loyalty and a gambling effect when they stop doing it

praise chipotle
>>
>>1148402
How much can you afford to lose cause that money's never coming back.
>>
>>1150130
They lost a huge percentage of their customer base
>>
>>1150130

What is loss carryforward?

Oh wait, this is /biz/. Silly of me to assume anyone here understands accounting
>>
>>1148935

Yes, you moronic pube gyrator
>>
Its not coming back for many years

Hope you have enough to dollar cost average when it hits $250
>>
sell calls against it all the way down and sell puts against it if it starts rising.

Don't just dumbly sit there on long stock. Might as well just buy index funds and go and do something more interesting instead.
>>
The next sickness outbreak is going to hurt a lot more than the first few
>>
>>1148402
Wait for it to drop further, and buy in heavier.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.