[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup. Never been here before but I'd like some advice and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2015-09-13-16-19-44.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-13-16-19-44.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Sup. Never been here before but I'd like some advice and I'll reward good responses with nudes from exes past.

I have about $6,000 that I want to invest/grow. It's mostly for a rainy day/house down payment fund, so probably going to payout in the next 5-10 years. Is there a reasonably safe way to turn that 6k into 10-20k within that timeframe? Basic savings account vs. IRA vs. bonds vs. stocks vs. gold, etc.
>>
>>1146955
So........you're going to take money you need for a down payment, and try to grow it in the stock market?
Do you have a plan B for when the companies you picked decline in price, or a crash comes along?
Put off buying the house?
>>
>>1146955
>anything less than 50k

come back when you want legitimate investing advice and not penny stock tier trash like crypto.
>>
>>1146998
What he means is come back to some other board, cause crypto and terrible stocks is what we do here.
>>
>>1146998
>Actual investing advice

This. You should never long term invest, it's a horrible idea.

Watch Martin Shkreli's investing videos. He's a genius!
>>
>>1147004
>crypto and terrible stocks is what we do here
Fuck that, not me.
But you're right that that's what's mostly here.
So yeah, I wouldn't come here for advice.
>>
>>1146992
It's not money I need. I'm set as far as debts and a few months living expenses. If it all of a sudden crashes and I lose it all overnight, I'll be fine. Pissed, but financially okay.
>>
>>1147020
The short answer is no.
Although it depends on your definition of reasonably safe, most people say that to mean "not lose my capital".
Anything that will protect you against that kind of loss (like CD's) will, by definition, return very little.
With greater possibility of return comes greater risk, all the way from US Treasuries to Greek Bonds.
>>
>>1147020
Diversify if you want safety. While the above posters discourage stocks/crypto, I'd recommend at least taking 1k to crypto to play around with.

Remaining 5k invest in government bonds, most return is 10% annually.

Anyways, whatever you decide, remember to diversify for safety (albeit less payout).
>>
>>1147046
>Government bonds
>10%
>>
File: didntreadlol.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
didntreadlol.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>1146955
You have 6k and want 10k (at minimum, let's use this number).
That's a profit of $4k which is a 66% ROI.

Rule of 72 says that it would take you 6 years at 10% every year to get to 10,629:

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/04/040104.asp
6000 * 1.10 five times is 10629.366

A continuous 10% RoR is high risk and very unlikely.

If you don't have another means of income, I suggest using this to enhance your earning potential

> tfw you ignore me and buy SYS
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 600x800
>>1147005
>>
how much time do you have to invest?

post a pic in response to help me get thinking
>>
>>1147080
you're a moron btw
>>
>>1146955
you got some answers OP now post more nudes
>>
File: a_dog_once.png (63 KB, 500x548) Image search: [Google]
a_dog_once.png
63 KB, 500x548
>>1147158
cool mad bro
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.