[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anybody else fall for the oil industry meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 143234252868.jpg (133 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
143234252868.jpg
133 KB, 480x360
Did anybody else fall for the oil industry meme?
>>
Please explain to me how it's a meme so I don't fall for it

I don't know what to do with myself so I might try and get into oil since that at least promises to make me a lot of money until the oil runs out
>>
>>1146631
bunch of countries get together and discuss what the prices shall be.
>>
>>1146662
oy vey
>>
>>1146662
Doesn't mean there isn't money to be made.
>>
>>1146631
>Please explain to me how it's a meme so I don't fall for it

Basically I went to school for something related to the oil industry and I graduated in the worst downturn in decades. Wasted a bunch of years and lost income for nothing, if things recover I'll have to compete with fresh grads and experienced people with a large gap on my resume, basically I'm FUCKED.
>>
>>1146754
Lie on the resume and they'll have sympathy in the interview

The only meme is it's current price
>>
>>1146754
Get your MMC card and do merchant mariner work, working on ships in the meantime
Do that, and I have a strong feeling opportunities will be popping up after the rebound

It's about $1k for the card. You'll be making bank, you'll find someone to loan you
>>
+14% on oil in 1 month. WTF are you faggots doing?

You can literally make money on a meme on this market.
>>
>>1146615
oilfag here. I got laid off March 2nd from a nat gas drilling project in Northern Alberta. Waiting to ride the EI train for the next couple of months.

For now I am going to buy SYS and ETH and hope I catch a lucky break. $700/month truck payments are killing me.
>>
>>1146887
Buy oil
>>
>>1146615
>happypepe on cv
heh
>>
>>1146897
too dumb for that.

all I know is how to make/break connections with drillpipe and scrub the rig.

I just hope I can keep driving my 2016 Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel so I can haul my 5th wheel trailer this summer. Wife is already pissed I sold her escalade and bought her a used Ford Edge.
>>
>>1146861
can you post more in detail how to join the merchant marines? i've always been interested but the online info seems kind of scarce/vague.
>>
>>1146615
> oil industry

what were you thinking? Were you even thinking at all? Maybe you believed climate change was a meme? Well guess what you bet on the wrong horse and now youre fucked, shouldve gone solar panels/wind renewables
>>
>>1146969
>climate change meme

lol you're going to be using oil products like the rest of us for a long fucking time. it's like all those idiots that think carbon nanotubes is the future building materials. no, it's going to be steel for a long time so shut the fuck up.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.