[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask somebody who went from high school dropout NEET to making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 5a2.jpg (59 KB, 663x596) Image search: [Google]
5a2.jpg
59 KB, 663x596
Ask somebody who went from high school dropout NEET to making $40K revenue in 2015 beekeeping anything?
>>
wat is all the buzz about beekeeping
>>
Whats your annual kneepad expense
>>
Have you ever compared your job to an anime ?
>>
>>1145486
how many hives?
what kind of neighborhood do you have to live in?

normie here, I own a house with a small yard. I like money and want more was thinking about getting 2 hives but gf is scared of bees and it's definitely against hoa rules so I'll have to hide it somehow
>>
>>1145486
>revenue

Profit?
>>
File: oprah-everybody-gets-bees.jpg (65 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
oprah-everybody-gets-bees.jpg
65 KB, 500x286
>>1145577
It says no beekeeping in your HOA agreement.

bullshit

but find some local farmers they would love to host some houses.

Most Based honey's are
Tupelo
Sourwood
Buckwheat
>>
>>1145654

>bullshit
it says "no farming / livestock" which includes pigeons apparently someone tried to be like Mike Tyson and had to rip them out I have to think it'd be better to hide the hives. host offsite could work but that eats profit
>>
File: 1440562395397.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1440562395397.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>1145486
Well, how did you do it, you fucking faggot?

How did you go from NEET to beekeeper?
>>
>>1145693
Buy your own land for a few grand.
>>
>>1145591
Lol no
>>
Interested in bees and ants, but not sure if they'll harm the veggies (and later fruits).
>>
Bees don't just buzz around trying to sting you, it is actually very hard to get stung because once they sting you, they die. It is a last resort for them to attack you
>>
>>1145591
this
>>
>>1146028
all the beestings i've endured in my life says otherwise.

also it looks like OP is a huge faggot once again and has left the building.
>>
Has anyone ever gotten into this? Seems super interesting but is there really that big a demand for honey?
>>
>>1146049
Well I don't mean to wax on but there has been quite a buzz about the declining bee population. Less bees means less honey, so a smaller supply for an unchanged demand. Sounds pretty sweet to me!
>>
>>1146044
Honey bees are pretty tame in my opinion. I can stand beside their Hive and nothing.
>>
>have trypophobia
>cant deal with bee hives
>>
File: 1426798646701.jpg (85 KB, 490x386) Image search: [Google]
1426798646701.jpg
85 KB, 490x386
man fuck these threads, they are always the same.

>op makes outrageous claim
>offers to answer questions
>thread is flooded with mundane one-liners
>hurr how much u make
>hurr buy eth
>hurr where do you live
>nobody asks how he actually got there
>op always evades critical questions
>it's possibly all a ruse, anyways
>>
>>1146044
I'm still here. Just didn't give a fuck about answering anything and left after >>1145502 and >>1145513

>>1146137
How is $40K an outrageous claim?

>>1145591
No profit yet. I'm putting all of my revenue into more hives. It's still a growing business.

>>1145577
Currently at 84. Me, my Grandma, and my 2 little Sisters maintain them. My goal is to have 1,000. We live in a rural area adjacent to a National Forest and have almost 5 acres of land. No cuckhold HOA here. I highly doubt you could hide a beekeeping farm though. Even with 1 hive, you're going to have 25,000+ bees flying around.

Everything else looks like shitposts. Shouldn't have expected much from a containment board. I guess this is more of a Reddit topic.
>>
>>1146176
I'm curious what you estimate your earnings per hour of labor to be? you say you made 40k per year, is that for you alone or for all four of you in your family? how much time did you spend maintaining your hives throughout the year? how much time did your family spend?
>>
>>1146211

$40K total. My Grandma is retired and my Sisters are 13 and 15. I'm 22. I'm the only one really interested in making money. My Grandma just wants free honey and my Sisters find it fun. And it depends on the season. In the Winter there is hardly anything to do as the bees are inactive. During the Spring and Summer we check on them everyday, but I never tracked time. I would say about 30 minutes a day.
>>
>>1146220
let me ask you this then: suppose you had more than enough healthy bee land and you spent as much time as you ever desired tending to your bees. suppose then you came about 10 more acres of bee land, perhaps by inheritance, but the land was too far for you to maintain. how much would you pay some local 18y/o NEET to tend to your hives. it sounds like the 10 acres should make 80k and he'd only be spending an hour per day.
>>
>>1146223

Beekeeping businesses are usually family ran, as most farms are, and get free labor from kids or other farmer's kids in the area for extra under the table pay. It would be a seasonal thing at most, and I've heard of people paying some neighbor's teenage kid $250 a week to help tend to the bees.
>>
well interesting info OP, thanks. sounds like the main barrier to entry is having land you can tend in bumblefuck USA where your neighbors won't be bothered by the swarms of poisonous flying insects.
>>
>>1146225
what products do you sell? just honey? or extractions like propolis and bee pollen aswell?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.