[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting Grass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: faggot on hustler.jpg (60 KB, 465x385) Image search: [Google]
faggot on hustler.jpg
60 KB, 465x385
I have 4 years of experience cutting grass for a local city here, but want to work somewhere else seasonally.

I know that grass cutting isn't exactly a hot skill, but I want to know where I can make the most money doing it. I presume going to a private company would be my best bet. Does anyone know which companies are going to be best? Are there companies that cut grass on their own property that I could work at (that seems more cushy)?

I know how to lead a mowing crew. What hourly wage should I expect to make?

Or the other option is to go for something completely different and just try to spend the summer picking up a new skill. I have no idea what.
>>
>>1145262
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheEmployeeTrap
>>
>>1145279

I wanted to start my own business, but I just don't have enough money and I probably couldn't get any clients anyway. At this point, I just want to make the most money as I can over the summer before I graduate college in December and begin looking for real jobs. Because mowing is the only skill I have, I figured it would be my bets bet for making the highest wage possible.
>>
>>1145285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUDV5aLCHc
>>
>>1145285
No excuses, anon. I'm 19 and started my company a year ago. this guy drops some serious knowledge and i think you can extract some value
>>
File: mowinggrass.jpg (83 KB, 640x457) Image search: [Google]
mowinggrass.jpg
83 KB, 640x457
>>
>>1145298

How did you get clients?
>>
>>1145262
Work for the government. City, state, parks service, DNR/ game and fish ect. Federal is the grail, but you have to know how to play the game to get those.
>>
If you decide to travel, you're going to be competing with Mexicans who earn minimum wage. Those Mexicans can specialize in other landscaping ventures such as removal and addition of mounds and mounds of dirty.
>>
>>1145837

Hah! I already worked at the Parks Department at my city for 4 years (as a seasonal). It was nice, but there is a guy there that I can't stand. Also the pay sucks; after 3 years there I was only making $10.25 an hour.

I've been looking at other government to work for, but all of them pay shit. Most postings post a salary LESS than the $10.25 I was making. I guess their seasonal jobs a really targeted at college kids. They have full time people to lead the college kids, so I am no use to them.
>>
>>1145287

lol this guy

>How to start a landscaping business with no startup money
>with no startup money

He explains how he got some equipment cheaply. What a clickbait title.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.