[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this movie? When is the next global DIP coming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Thoughts on this movie? When is the next global DIP coming?
>>
>>1143950
Michael Burry now trades all around water commodities.
Could be an indication.

But seriously, I think in about 3-5 more years maybe.
>>
>>1143966
Water commodities? What are those?
>>
>>1143977
You bet on the price of water. it will be the next oil.
>>
>>1143950
Good movie, Gosling is cool as hell.
>>
Right after the 2016 election.
>>
>>1143977
Basically derivatives/insurance on water price/availability.

Farmers and other users of water engage in contracts where they lock in a price of water with the bank. If the water price is lower than the agreed upon price, the bank makes profit, and vice versa.

Insurance companies also sell insurance on water availability. If there is water rationing that leads to crop failure, the insurance firm compensates.

The banks/insurance firm take the risks. They then sell that risk to investors. So most investors will actually lose if water prices increase. The side that is betting on water prices rising is mostly farmers, with some speculators.
>>
>>1143950

>Bale: /r9k/
>Gosling: /biz/
>Pitt: /pol/
>Carrell: JIDF
>>
>>1144170
which is funded by the goverment..

like flood insurance. Any company can sell you that but its not their company selling it.. its the fed
>>
>>1143950
That's a big short.
>>
>>1144090
this 100%
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.