[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What job are you in and what plans do yo have.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Interested in what job everyone here has at the moment, what you guys are aiming for for the future and the worse job you've ever had?
I'm currently working for EE (UK mobile company who also owns orange and tmobile) its my only job and my aim is to work for Apple and try clime the ladder there. My father has a business and several houses he rents so I guess that's what I'll be at long term only hopefully with alot more. Interested to hear everyone's goals.
>>
Currently working as a 2nd tier remote support engineer, looking to further into becoming a networking expert and start consulting for bigger firms and move out of the support space. Don't have any rental assets in my family so in looking to begin that legacy too even if it means I start off with investing together with my brother and building from there, currently in about 60k debt from studies and such but I know I am slowly sorting that out
>>
>>1143008
Sounds good dude. Jesus 60k? Steep for studies, now I realise why so many students come to ireland and say it's cheap to study. What I was thinking about doing it getting a mortgage on a house and renting it, because at the moment rent is sky high yet house prices are very low
>>
Software engineer for one of the big investment banks. Plan is to live frugally, save money, retire when I'm 40 into some 3rd world shit hole. If the world remains highly unchanged in the next 10 years, I will have made it.
>>
>>1143062
Same here but my goal is by 30, and I work for a big software company, not Wall Street.
>>
>>1143112
tfw I am the bane of people's existence. Have a part time job for a telemarketing callcenter making 66 bucks a day. Studying for a bachelors in finance. College is inexpensive in my country. 2000 a year.
>>
>>1143124
sry forgot the plans part. I'd like to work for a brokerage firm, save some money, and eventually start my own.
>>
>>1143124
66 bucks part time is not bad, how much an hour?
>>
>>1143062
Have made to what, though? The goal is just to retire? SO life is all about retirement, huh.

How about you do what you want now? Go traveling while you're still young I say.
>>
>>1143145
%16.5
>>
>>1143184
$16.5*
>>
>>1143126
>2016
>brokerage firm

good luck with that
>>
File: 1439144509133.gif (2 MB, 325x235) Image search: [Google]
1439144509133.gif
2 MB, 325x235
>>1142964
I spent 2 years as an analyst for a small boutique firm then moved into trading full time. I lost all of my money so now I've been working as a waiter since August. Doing pretty well, making ~$800 per week so able to stay afloat and save some money. Teaching myself to code in my spare time and hopefully will move into a quant or data science role in the next few months.
>>
>>1143209

whoa that's fucking crazy man. but also sounds like you have the right attitude and mindset.
>>
>>1143215
Yes it's definitely been a wild ride up and down. Leaves me with some stories to tell my kids at least lol
>>
>>1143203
the average person doesn't care to learn how to invest. They'll just open an account with a broker, let him go wild, and hope to make a buck. Brokers still exist man.
>>
File: 3353004.jpg (13 KB, 346x460) Image search: [Google]
3353004.jpg
13 KB, 346x460
>thinly veiled niggers eating money thread

I got you cuh
>>
I map assets for an electric company in the US. I'm learning more of the coding side (SQL and Python). I might take classes to get my Master's in Project Management because the company would pay for that.

Do any NEETs here have any suggestions?
>>
Current: kitchen steward at a large hospital. My duties include doing dishes, removing garbage, and cleaning the place. It's pretty shitty work, although I get payed about $12 an hour and have full benefits and I get all the left overs I can eat so I think it's the best I can do right now.

Future: if the ether I bought ever becomes worth something I'll sell it and use the money to try forex day trading. If that doesn't work maybe I'll try learning a trade or kill myself or something.
>>
Right now captive insurance agent in the senior market. It can be bad or good on some days because old people have a lot of money but not enough brain cells to know how to protect and grow their fortunes. I'm hoping one day to either branch off to become a financial advisor or independent agent. Either one will allow me to do more and reach out to a broader market.

I'll use the knowledge I've obtained to grow my own castle and finally maybe go back to spending 16 hours a day indoors and away from people.

Worst job I've ever had was working with my old man. He's a nice guy outside of work but he's too much of an asshole on the job. Too many times he humiliated me and forced me to overwork myself to a breaking point.
>>
I currently work in autism research. Graduated from college 2 years ago with a BS in psych, going into grad school in June. Make 30k a year, saved up 10k in two years though in 2014 I only made 14k because I was stuck in a shitty part-time job making 11.15 an hour.

I'm going to school for advance practice nursing. 3 years to my master's and the salary range is 85-120k. First year out of school I plan on living off of 20-30k and using the rest to get rid of my student loans in 12-18 months. I'm anticipating anywhere between 20 and 60k student loans depending on how much I can pay off during the third year of the program when I can work as an RN making 50-60k. I'll also get a DNP which will cost me another 30k in schooling but will secure me 100k+ salaries.

Sometime after my loans are paid off and I'm able to save up some money I'd like to get into real estate investment. My area has dirt cheap real estate and over the next 10-15 years the city will only become a more popular destination thanks to a massive college and a steady influx of yuppies and young people. There's a voracious demand for properties in 'cool' and 'up-and-coming' parts of town so I think I'll snag up a house or two and see how it goes. With any luck I'll be able to turn that into profit through rents pretty quickly since I think vacancy will be low.

By my mid/late 30's I hope to be working either as a high-ranking NP/working in hospital administration. I work already at one of the largest hospitals in the country and I am confident I'll be able to climb the ladder pretty quick, especially if I get the doctorate. My salary could be pushed pretty high depending on how far I go. Maybe 150-200k by mid-career if I play my cards right. Hopefully, if I manage the real estate well, I can layer some extra cash on top of that.

If my options at the hospital are limited getting an MBA and going into private practice is always an option.
>>
>>1143454
A basic breakdown of my plan would be:
>Get MSN/DNP
>Payoff student loans immediately
>Buy and rent real-estate while living below my means
>Bust ass at work to get promotions
>Work my way up the pay ladder as my rental investments start returning money
>Solid as fuck cashflow by mid/late thirties

All the while investing my other money and maxing out my roth and 401k.

I'm sure there will be bumps along the way but I'll figure shit out.
>>
>>1142964
Customer service at a grocery store. Pissing a lot of people off due to my quick promotions so far. I expect to be a manager before I finish college. Probably making $48k per annum and with less debt the sooner I gain such employment.
>>
Best thing I did was started a savings account in my bank, I used to think it was pointless because you could just keep it in your current account, but no I find myself not spending money for the sake of it. I used to be really good at saving, I had €8 saved in only 6 months, then I got cocky and went on an absolutely spending spree between alcohol a car 10 pairs of airmax 90s 2 s6 edge pluses, 1 for me 1 for mom even though she didn't want one and would be happy with an Alcatel I still bought her one for Christmas which was 700€, I blew every single last cent and it just flashed before me. Now I have a savingo account which takes out 500 a month, so matter how much I spend I'll always have 6k a year saved. I'm only 18 with my first job so I suppose it was better that spending spree happened now rather than when I had alot more saved up atleast I have learned my lesson lol. Also guys, just a little tip and I know it's a shot in the dark but if your investing, watch out for applications on Apple app store and samsung playstore. I mean simple apps that climb the charts quickly , like tinder would of had shareholders millionaires by now. I was told that by an investor , that it's one of the biggest things now, that and buying a house on a mortgage and renting it (seeing as you could get a nice house nowa days for cheap in Ireland maybe 400 euro a month) then rent it for easily 1500, rent sky high here at the moment , obviously you guys can't follow the last tip but the app store sure is something to keep in mind. Anyone else have any ideas for some money? I stupidly enough gave professionally gambling a go, betting like 500 on certs to win in boxing matches etc. But it's not worth it due to the addiction will never end well for the very vast majority of people
>>
>>1143471
I know how ya feel, I'm suppose to pitch home broadband , tablets etc in my job and since vodafone overcharged and ripped off my mother by tying her into a contract without telling her I just don't have the heart to do it. I got employee of the month for all my stats but my sales were little none though they were among the top before vodafone did that to my mother.
>>
Anyone here anything about apple? I heard they pay the US employees 15$ dollars an hour yet they also pay us 15€ an hour even though the eur was always around 1 = 1.45usd (untill recently) but they always did this I believe. The bebefits they have seem ababsolutely crazy, and let's face it, there's not 1 employer that's not gonna be hugely impress when they see an apple employee resume handed in ;)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.