[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Employee workload
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
What kind of system would you choose or what kind of approach would you choose to check on the employees every week, if they are doing their workload and how much have they progressed? I've been assigned with a project to create an excel sheet which others can edit so the boss will see the work done and the work to be done. But I am unable to come with any interesting idea. Thx Anons
>>
Most companies have these things called "Meetings" weekly or biweekly and employees can email important updates to their supervisor. Your boss sounds like he just got the job from daddy.

I don't understand the point of using excel here but I guess we still have ancient methods of document control too, so I'd approach it with a automatic weekly sweep of signatures and dates with a visual cue, and give every employee their own sheet linked back to the list. If your boss really is a stupid cunt just have everyone upload an image of a progress bar made in paint.
>>
>>1142143
that sounds like a nice idea, but on meetings we mostly find out that the work does not get done or some are lacking behind, this is the kind of a boss which has a lot to handle but doesn't share a lot of information so he wants to have everything under control, but then he lacks a way of checking the employees. Thank you for your thoughtful insight. I was thinking of creating a task list on the company's server where everybody would check what tasks are done. but so far i find it useless
>>
File: 1378572187060.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1378572187060.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>1142145
sounds like a great place to work wow

just remember you're somehow higher than everyone because you were assigned to check on them. do you offer workers cyanide pills?
>>
>>1142128

I use Mitrefinch.
>>
Bruh just make a list of all the tasks, who owns them, when they are due, current status, frequency. It's not a difficult assignment pleb
>>
>>1143306

I already recommended OP a decent, efficient program but he won't listen to me.
>>
It's called JIRA and agile developpement
>>
>>1142143
Meetings are a waste of time to have so often unless something actually important happens.

>>1142128
Just make time blocks where people can put in what they worked on during every 2 hour segment of the day or some shit. Then depending on the nature of whatever it is you're doing they can also assign % values to how much of whatever project they've completed during that time, and % remaining on the project.
>>
>>1142128
Well defined scrum points are a useful metric having been using them the past couple years, but for larger businesses there are probably better technologies and techniques available.
>>
>>1142128
there are three measures, QUANTITY QUALITY and TIME.

figure out how much you want done, how well you want it done, and how much time it should take.

each week make sure they increase the QUALITY and QUANTITY and decrease the TIME.

Put that shit in an excel sheet and make sure to stick to it every week.
>>
>>1142128
1)Choose an open wall.
2)Put down lanes for each employee.
3) Write all tasks on sticky notes
4)Monday morning every week, publically discuss what needs to be done and assign tasks collaboratively adding sticky notes to each lane.
5) Have employees give a status report
6) Remove completed stickies
7) Mark any blockers with red stickies.
8) Employee with the most cleared stickies each month gets bought a free lunch.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.