[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do people get naturally smarter even after the age of 20 or are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: John_Major_1996.jpg (45 KB, 470x628) Image search: [Google]
John_Major_1996.jpg
45 KB, 470x628
do people get naturally smarter even after the age of 20 or are most jobs just really non cognitively demanding? You get prime ministers who never went to university. Not that I think less of them due to that in terms of intelligence, but it adds to my suspicion that any reasonably intelligent person could do, or learn to do, pretty much most jobs - except the really technical ones which are, ironically enough, shittily paid.
>>
File: METOO_METOO.jpg (182 KB, 767x982) Image search: [Google]
METOO_METOO.jpg
182 KB, 767x982
>>1141739
>>
Real world experience where you showed your stuff > Your $100,000 piece of paper where some bearded faggot held your hand and made you read books

There is a chart floating around with IQs and what jobs you can get with them. I think it was around 125 where virtually everything is open to you. Even 110 was pretty widespread, easily enough to make it in the business world.

Thats if you trust the whole IQ thing
>>
>>1141744
I don't. I have an IQ of 143 and and I'm utterly useless with technology. The reason I have such a high score is the way I process words, and apparently the fact that I can see beyond 'known facts'.

I truly think there are different forms of intelligence and that intelligence in general is more nuanced then what an IQ test can reveal. It is a good indicator of certain things, though.
>>
>>1141742
Lmfao
>>
>>1141750

There aren't brah. If you are legitimately 143 IQ you have the capacity to learn pretty much anything you want. It's just pattern recognition and mental manipulation of retained information.

Herpaderp I sound smart huh.

But I think even the smartest man on earth cannot force himself to be interested in something that simply doesn't captivate him. So find whatever challenges and stimulates your mind, and I guarantee you, if you are legit 143 IQ, you will reach a level at which people will pay you to solve their problems utilizing that skill, quite fast.
>>
>>1141744
looks like someone is bummed he didnt get into the college of their choice
>>
>>1141750
What retarded ass iq test dis you take that had words
>>
>>1141739
jobs are not cognitively demanding at all

people skills
consistency / dependability
luck

is whats up
>>
>>1141775
Sorry kid, thats how the world of adults really works.

Connections and experience will always beat out everything. Trust me, I wish it was just as easy as enrolling and getting your degree and falling into your dream position but that ship sailed before you were born.
>>
130 iq master race reporting

IQ as it is now is a fucking meme, didn't really look into it much and it seems that there are new methods on it's way, but still you don't have to be prety intelligent to realize how retarded and flawed the method is, there is no such thing as mental adaptabilty accounted and that is all intelligence is. And after all who gives a shit, you think you are smart? Go ahead do something useful, having a number will actually detract you from being useful, and will lead to ego masturbation.
>>
Whenever someone comes with a test that you can't prepare and score higher artificially.. then maybe we will have something actually useful, until that date comes, and trust me it is far away, you shouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>1142019

I am in the same range as you, and let me tell having 130 IQ means that you are much quicker to learn something, you are much quicker to see a larger picture in the sum of all parts of a process, you are more likely to be able to articulate your thoughts about the work process AND you are much more able to know what you don't know and ask the right questions to gain more knowledge and become more valuable.

It's easy to see for me, I work in a factory, with plenty of median-intellect individuals. No immigrants though, and you need some skill to be succesfull here, so it's not the dregs of society.
There are older guys, more experienced guys, that know less about the process than I do. Some of these are worse at making the products than I am. Some of them can hardly turn on a computer. And there is change change change all the time in the never-ending pursuit of cost-reductions and production optimizations.

IQ means a lot.

But of course it is worthless if you don't have work ethic or curiosity.
>>
>>1142065
See? you are wrong. you are confused between IQ in the medical term (the result of the current tests) and intelligence as an abstract term , yeah sure, it will be a correlation between more intelligent individuals and higher IQ but correlation=! Causation, IQ test as they are now are inaccurate measuring intelligence it is just a mere aproximation.

I'd say a (true) intelligent individual would be better at measuring intelligence in others than the actual test, but it is a mess and dunning kruger effect comes into play more often than not.
>>
>>1142365

I have a 100% chance test to know if someone is unintelligent, i just see if they majored in business and throw "creativity" and "opportunity" as valid words for defending an idea and they pass as retards
>>
>>1141778
Those not on the internet all have words.
>>
>>1143399

> Majored in Business, with my concentration in finance.

I'm 23 and making 85k working 7:30-3:30. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>1141744
Do you think I have a chance at getting an internship at a financial firm in manhattan without a degree (also just after graduating high school).

None of these offices will even take me without experience and a degree, so the system is rigged from the start.

People who run these companies say you must have a degree to work there.

wat do? (my only skills are typing >75 wpm and I am ok at excel and i understand a good amount about the stock market and economy, but not enough to manage others' money)
>>
>>1143496
>Do you think I have a chance at getting an internship at a financial firm in manhattan without a degree (also just after graduating high school).
Absolutely not. You said it yourself, you don't know how to do the job they want you to do and you don't have a degree that at least says you should know how to do the job they want you to do. Why would anyone hire you?
>>
>>1142019
Holy shit, if the structure and opinion based nonsense of your post reflects an IQ of 130, I would be pushing 160. I can guarantee you that I am not close to 160. Do you understand what I am getting at, you faggot?
>>
>>1143561
well you're right, they wouldn't.

but let's say someone has more skills at financial analysis and making money than someone with a degree.

the firm will choose the person with a degree because of their bias that a degree means everything
>>
>>1143437 I value opportunity and creativity highly, and see that people usually fail to realize when either are staring at them right in the face.
Let me clear this up though, you are too autistic to realize that the "100% chance test" is somewhat a sarcastic statement used to portray how they are usually buzzwords. Even though the poster you responded to seems stupid, you do as well with your masterbatory response. You are both what is wrong with the world.
>>
>>1143629
Guess I am stupid too, I spelled "masturbatory" wrong. Maybe we should all just kill ourselves.
>>
>>1141769
>So find whatever challenges and stimulates your mind, and I guarantee you, if you are legit 143 IQ, you will reach a level at which people will pay you to solve their problems utilizing that skill, quite fast.
That's true for most people, even people with ordinary intelligence (maybe not retards though). It's actually amazingly hard to find something stimulating.
>>
>>1143611
>Implying intelligent people don't say stupid things
>making an argument ad hominen
>implying you can guess my IQ reading me in a non native language(self-taught)
>implying someone retarded can recognice intelligence(duh-nning krugered)
Next time just call me faggot and don't waste my seconds, inb4 faggot.
Since i'm interested in the topic you can tell me what your opinion in intelligence and present IQ tests are.
>>
>>1143615
Of course businesses have a bias towards people with degrees, a degree from a reputable school shows that you are able to work hard and put effort into your work, or you're smart enough that you don't have to work hard. You can't just go to college and get a degree with a decent gpa without being good at something.
>>
>>1141744
biofag here. IQ is correlated to such careers because IQ can only reliably indicate the speed at which a baby matures. Now that maturity rate itself doesn't matter into adulthood much, but what it does indicate is how well the parents treat the child, and of course rich, smarter parents can treat their children better.

So IQ is correlated to fiscal success not because it shows higher intelligence, but because it indicates good parenting.
>>
>>1141739
>ironically enough, shittily paid
See this? Stop doing it. I can tell which idiotic posts are yours just by your retardedly bad grammar.
>>
>>1141739
Cognitive function slows after 30, but generally you have built up so much experience that you can work more efficiently. People are also less impulsive or selfish as they age usually. In terms of jobs, I don't know what you're asking. Almost anyone can learn almost anything. There really isn't that much of a difference between what anyone is capable of. Sometimes you're limited to certain types of work you can be good at, but every line of work is 99% shitty employees anyway and it still has to be filled. Only a handful of people are irreplaceable and it's because it took them a lifetime to figure their position out and no one else has followed the same path yet. Most jobs you can learn in a few weeks, if you're retarded then like half a year. Even advanced degrees for specialized fields only require a few years and you're maybe spending 30% of your week. Virtually everybody learns it even if they can't do it for a living.
>>
Why do these idiots claim to have IQs of over 130 and still talk like juvenile trash (saying cuck, meme, etc) and watch anime...? That's proof enough IQ tests should be ignored.
>>
>>1144257

>hurrdurr he didn't use proper punctuation, that proves his iq is low
>hurrdurr he uses terms like cuck and meme that proves his iq is low

fucking hate this kind of logic. you are on 4chan still. it's perfectly fine to act like a retard every now and then, regardless of wether you are dumb, wealthy, intelligent, poor, etc etc.

we are all in this shithole together.
>>
>>1144287
No we are not. I visit. You live here. I am finishing my Masters degree (or however you say it in English) in Veterinary Medicine, have a girlfriend and travel the world at least twice a year. You are a NEET.
That's like saying you and I are the same just because we ride the same bus...That you happen to live in.
>>
>>1144257
Judging people that just pretend they are stupid sais more from you than it does from them. (Why did you asume that someone watch anime here? (Did i miss something??) And why the fuck would it make them more idiot than you for example, just guessing others intelligence based on something like that..)

You just proved how limited you are, trying to claim the oposite. I'm actually proud of you. Kek you wot m8 triforce dorito meme meme meme dank meme

If that makes you feel better with yourself, I'm fine with it.
>>
>>1144482
Dear NEET, no need to feel like I hurt your precious little ego. Fact is, for all the intelligence you and your kind pretend to possess, you have, factually, accomplished nothing. This means that, for all intents and purposes, you're no better than a baked potato.
>>
My face when people ITT are discussing IQ as if it's some objective measure of intelligence

It's sickening
>>
>>1144507
My point. I'm >>1144498>>1144293>>1144257
>>
>>1144515
I feel you man

It's just mental masturbation and making shit up. Don't let it get to you
>>
>>1144519
>>1144519
What "gets" me is that it's always the trash/lazy/underachievers who claim to be supahsmart.
>>
>>1144293

> I am finishing my Masters degree (or however you say it in English) in Veterinary Medicine, have a girlfriend and travel the world at least twice a year. You are a NEET.

who here cares or asked you to list this shit? if anyone has a little ego here, it's you.
>>
>>1144575
Little? Oh no. I have a big one and I earned it. What have you done with your life, mr. NEET?
>>
>>1143437

>I'm 23 and making 85k

Either a rich daddy, looking handsome or like a perfect wagecuck is why you make that money, not any of your actual skills or knowledge. Or you have a cunt and therefore get preferential treatment
>>
>>1144498
I actually agree with you. I think that a baked potato acomplished more things than and will be more useful towards society.
>>
>>1144589
you do sound like a pessimist
even if the other guy could be lying.. but I hope you honestly don't think everyone who's doing better in life is just lucky
>>
>>1144616

> life is just lucky

If you are a manlet, then guess what: you will never be a basketball player.

If you have a shitty, criminal looking face, then guess what: you will never have a decent fucking office job, when everyone else, that just so happen to have a better face do get those jobs. And I did, in fact, follow through the STEMcuck meme at college, so you can't say I have shitty liberal arts degree or some shit. I know tons of people that got a decent job at my age without any experience, yet those HR cunts tell me to "go fuck yourself because no ejumacation lol" (or work experience or "we will call you" or whatever else bullshit they shit out of their mouths)
>>
>>1141750
There are. But the scores in all of them tend to cluster per individual.
>>
>>1144655
What is a "criminal looking face"?
>>
>>1144207
>You can't just go to college and get a degree with a decent gpa without being good at something.
doesn't matter because they graduate with so little common sense
>>
>>1141750
yeah especially with autists/spergs, people might be gifted with visuospatial/"mathematical" intelligence, or be good with language, but be more or less retarded in the other
>>
>>1141750
IQ isn't a "will this lazy mothefucker do shit" quotient.

It's the intelligence quotient and if you think IQ hasn't been tested, refined, and tempered, then I seriously question your "143" IQ that you got from an online test.
>>
>>1144293
>he thinks we're envious of any of these things

You must radiate insecurity IRL
>>
>>1144287
>>1144482
these
>>
>>1144655
>projecting this hard
>>
>>1141739
>do people get naturally smarter even after the age of 20 or are most jobs just really non cognitively demanding
false dichotomy.
I would say some people get wiser, but there is more to it then that of course.
>>
>>1142065
you need experience too, which you get more of after age 20.
This is why the career academia is useless for business advice, no real world experience
>>
>>1144710
slavic
>>
>>1144710
my poor blue pilled friend.
Open your eyes.
You are practically asleep
>>
>>1144220
>biofag here. IQ is correlated to such careers because IQ can only reliably indicate the speed at which a baby matures.
IQ measures aptitude for spatial, verbal and deductive reasoning. This is why it correlates so highly with careers which require said skills.

>So IQ is correlated to fiscal success not because it shows higher intelligence, but because it indicates good parenting.
Are you really a "biofag"? I highly doubt it, especially after seeing you spew this banal, blatantly pseudoscientific garbage.

First off, a high IQ - per definition - indicates high intelligence, not "good parenting".

Secondly, IQ is highly heritable; parenting doesn't play a remarkable part in the equation. Rich, smart parents birth smart, potentially rich children out of biological necessity (barring the off-chance of disadvantageous mutations, resulting in different degrees of mental handicap), and not as a result of their supposedly "better parenting".

TLDR; You, my good sir, are full of shit.
>>
>>1144220
this is the dumbest thing i've read all day
>>
>>1147385
edit. fucked up sentence structure, diluted the message I was trying to convey

> Rich, smart parents birth smart, potentially rich children out of biological necessity (barring the off-chance of disadvantageous mutations, resulting in different degrees of mental handicap), and not as a result of their supposedly "better parenting".
Children of smart parents most often inherit their parents' high-IQ genes, giving them an advantage from the cradle onwards. "Good parenting" plays a negligible part in furthering this aptitude-advantage.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.