[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rent House Run small 4 man video game development company from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ss (2015-06-13 at 10.12.58).jpg (324 KB, 1908x1066) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-06-13 at 10.12.58).jpg
324 KB, 1908x1066
Rent House
Run small 4 man video game development company from the garage
Owner gets house evaluated, some random friend of the person doing the evaluating comes along.
This random extra guy walks though the house and sees my company in the garage.
He asks what we do, after I tell him he revels he is an investor looking to expand into our industry and that he made 100m last year.
Now he wants to have a meeting in like 2 days.

The guy all checks out and I have no experience with investors, what do /biz/?
>>
>>1140931
>>
>>1141600
Its to much info to get through, I need a shortlist major points to cover, I only have like a day or two to prepare.
>>
>>1141600
it's two days until the meeting, i doubt he has enough time to read a bunch of books.

Watch Shark Tank and be prepared to answer the questions they usually get.
>>
>>1141597
1. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want. ...
2. Shut up and listen. ...
3. Do your homework. ...
4. Always be willing to walk away. ...
5. Don't be in a hurry. ...
6. Aim high and expect the best outcome. ...
7. Focus on the other side's pressure, not yours.
>>
>>1141607
Thanks

Whats the angle I should take? should I propose a angle or should I just give him as much info about us as possible and let him propose one? or is that something that usually happens later down the line?

My only experience is dealing with people inside this industry (like publishers) who are pretty easy going but also often retarded.

Should I have numbers on hand? ask for investment in a project or the company as a whole?
>>
>>1141597
You'll get bent over the barrel but walk away feeling like you got a great deal if he's knows what he's doing. I wouldn't trip op, your product should do most of the talking.
>>
What's your game OP
>>
>>1141597
Anon don't sign anything until you've had a lot of time (days) to think it over. Make sure your project still belongs to you. You don't want to get ripped off by signing away everything. Make sure you seek advice irl.
>>
>>1141665
good advice

>>1141895
cant post pics as reverse image search will bring up our dev site, the above is from an internal test that very little people know about, we have one main project in the works and a few prototypes and shelved things that can be used if the investor find them interesting enough.

>>1141934
in the past we ran our contracts past our solicitor

As far as I can see the guy is not really interested from a profit perspective and more so to expand the areas he is involved with, relatively speaking we don't need a whole lot of cash so I am not sure if we should focus on the business side of things, the product or the people.

As I said before the most I have done with this stuff is with publishers, should I have some kind of power point presentation or something ready?
>>
watch some episodes of the profit as well
>>
>>1141934
I second this, the last thing you could ever want is to lose your voice in the direction of the company. It's worth more than money.
My uncle is working for his company that he grew himself but has absolutely no say in how the company operates. He was going to make a great deal with a fantastic business and the owners declined the terms and now that business is making gazillions of money for his direct competitor
>>
>>1141937
Why wouldn't you want us seeing your site tb h

You're either stupid or a liar
>>
>>1144435
because /4chan is a board of sick people, doxing him would be a past time activity, aswell as sending his wife, children and himself rapethreats and shit.

t. saw it numerous times
>>
File: 166.gif (916 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
166.gif
916 KB, 245x285
>>1141597
>made 100 mil in 356 days
> does property estimates in his free time
>>
>>1144552
In this setting, that is highly-highly unlikely to happen and he'd be more likely to find a fan base
>>
Say the amount of money you're looking to make. If he disagrees find a different solution to get what you want, a % each month, etc. If you don't like what he has to offer YOU for YOUR services, then walk the fuck out. (politely), assuming this is a real story. Who the fuck estimates properties if they made 100m at all, let alone in a year.
>>
>>1141597
Sounds like Silicon Valley
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.