[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Investing a personal loan (UK)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1315757658954.jpg (10 KB, 324x243) Image search: [Google]
1315757658954.jpg
10 KB, 324x243
Hi Biz, I'm thinking about getting a £15,000 personal loan to invest. I've found a number of investment schemes that guarantee 8% net returns. So here's my maths:

8% monthly return on 15k = £100

Cost of a 15k personal loan monthly = £271

Personal cost to me = £171 per month

I therefore loan 15k and it only costs me £10,260 over 5 years. Thus meaning that I've made just under £1,000 per year... For free.

Is this a good strategy biz?
>>
No, a good strategy would be to throw everything into eth and head for the moon.
>>
Up
>>
What investment schemes give a guaranteed 8% in the UK? That's really good.
>>
>>1140988
>guarantee 8% net returns.

top kek.

there are no "guarantees" in investing you pleb.

considering that most interest rates are either near zero or negative, if anyone "guarantees" you a fixed income 8% return then they are a scam.
>>
Guarantee was the wrong choice of words you heartless fucks.

The guarantee comes from the company taking first charge of a property development. Therefore if the development goes to plan, 8% return. If it doesn't, first charge is taken, plot is sold and money is returned.

Worst case you lose your interest payments and nothing more...
>>
>>1140988
Ill take that loan(srs), where do we meet?
>>
>guarantee

jej

you get such a high rate because the loan is risky, you moron. And that 8% is after whatever middle-man you're using takes it's cut.
>>
>>1142940
Read the replies before you consider using words like moron. You moron.
>>
>personal loan to invest
Please, be trolling.
>>
>>1140988
>>1143018
>>1142640
why do you even bother posting?

It's obvious you've fully convinced yourself already it is a 'good strategy'.
>>
>>1143018
So now that you know it is not guaranteed, you can answer your own question, right?
>>
File: ART OF THE DERP.png (36 KB, 292x450) Image search: [Google]
ART OF THE DERP.png
36 KB, 292x450
Invenst in DERP.CO instead! We even have a book.
>>
I can answer my own question, I'm simply trying to think of something creative to make a few extra thousand pounds and get some feedback based on something I thought up in the shower.

The main purpose of this strategy is the power over the long term, after 5 years once the loan is paid, I could get a second loan. I now have £30,000 to invest in 5 years... And all it's cost me is £170 per month.

Just some food for thought. You're all hell-bent on dickhead cryptocurrencies but wont acknowledge a creative yet risky strategy as something other than derpy?

Shame really... Didn't expect this was a good place to look for an intelligent conversation and you've proved me right.
>>
>>1143119
Its a bonehead move to take out loans to finance business ventures or investments. There is no such thing as "gauranteed returns". Use what money you have and then reinvest as you build your capital. Never take the "easy way" out, if your plan was viable then everyone would be doing it.
>>
>>1143149
This is the exact point I'm at now, I contribute a very large portion of my income to various investment funds/ vehicles (70%) and only reinvest/ accumulate.

My income will be rising by a small amount soon, £300 pcm to be exact and I'm thinking of a creative way to get the most out of my extra £300.

Any other suggestions other than investing in kneepads or cryptocurrencies?
>>
>>1143169
If you already are reinvesting your income into funds then you seem to be on the right track. You just have to be patient because this is not going to make you rich overnight. If you wanted to take a little more risk (for possible higher reward) then take the few hundred extra and dump it into a small business venture or take a course on udemy to learn an extra skillset. There are tons of ways to make extra money with very little capital, it just takes research, time and effort. If anyone is promising you quick, easy returns then it is most likely either very risky or a scam.
>>
>>1143175
Thanks man, finally a bit of thoughtful discussion. I've never heard of udemy and it seems like an interesting site, I'll check it out more thoroughly tomorrow.
Investing in small business ventures sounds interesting. What platforms are available to do so?
I understand it's a long process quite intimately, I'm just looking for some higher risk/ reward alternatives to the stock market. Of which you've provided, so thank you.

No-one has promised me anything just yet, I'm just going off some initial research and initial figures. Seemed to make sense to me anyways...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.