[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Stockpicking and daytrading is a meme >Only long term
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1457899954951.png (348 KB, 1379x1329) Image search: [Google]
1457899954951.png
348 KB, 1379x1329
>Stockpicking and daytrading is a meme
>Only long term investing for me here!

Do people in here ACTUALLY believe this? LMAO!!!
>>
>>1140841
Yes people tend to side with empirical evidence.
>>
>>1140857
>Empirical evidence

Then explain to me how professional investors and hedge funds make such shopping returns year after year.
>>
File: fundrankings.png (94 KB, 858x460) Image search: [Google]
fundrankings.png
94 KB, 858x460
>>1140841
long term investing with index funds is a viable strategy for anyone

stock picking depends on the strategy, most don't beat the market and any that succeed might not last when the market changes

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/26/index-funds-trounce-actively-managed-funds-study.html

the only successful amateur day traders were autistic savants who used algorithms to find the regular automated trades use by big funds or something, no one here is like that, especially not the shills pushing technical analysis
>>
>>1140919
Good goy.

Nice try Vanguard shill. Everyone knows you can easily average 10%+ returns.
>>
>>1140863
They don't. The empirical evidence supports that well over 90% of funds underperform the market. Managers make fortunes by charging fees.
>>
>>1140978
>hurrr durrr the wallstreet is a scam they dunt know what they're doing!

Explain to me why some hedgefunds average 30% returns then.
>>
>>1140984
>Explain to me why some hedgefunds average 30% returns then.
You read this on the internet and there's nothing to back it up. You are so naive.
>>
>>1141001
How is that different from what YOU read on the internet?

Lmao index fund cucks btfo desu
>>
>>1140841
"Duhh I only use Index funds, much safer than stock picking!" never mind the fact that you're just giving money to another stock picker.
>>
>>1141060
THIS

It's almost as retarded as paying money to a broker when Robinhood exists. Smfh idiots man.
>>
>>1140841

I think if you use options strategies properly you can consistently do pretty well. If you use them in such a way that you limit your potential profits but increase your probability of success it pays off over time due to increased number of trades. You never pay the market price of the underlying and keep chipping away at the price when you are holding the actual stock.

I use the analogy of a car dealer. You never pay retail prices, always trade prices.
>>
>>1140967
I'm a Jew and even I think this shit is pretty cringe.

So instead of vanguard he should try his luck at the market by himself or pay a broker to put it into a vanguard for him?
>>
first time trader here. I wanted to invest a larger amount of my savings (1000$) into the market. which should i invest into SPY or SNP? I dont know the difference.
>>
>>1141088
Ethereum is a good investment right now
>>
>>1141105

how much should I invest in that to get good returns?
>>
>>1141088

I use spy. Not sure what SNP is
>>
>>1141110
All of it
>>
>>1141042

Are you 11? I bet mommy gave $200 to her little genius to scrape pennies off stock movement, you made $0.72 in a few hours and you all celebrated the beginning of your daytrading career. :^)
>>
>>1141122
Sounds like you're projecting.

It's ok I understand your mommy gave you $2000 and didn't you to lose it so you chose the lowest risk investment possible but some people actually have money that's their own they can freely invest.
>>
>>1141042
Because we have real data on the returns of publicly traded indices whereas the super amazing returns of hedge funds are just mere claims not backed by proof.
>>
>>1140978
90% of people dont invest for a full year.

You can make money daytrading or in real estate with better returns than the annual index, but you have to put time and liability.

Long term trading is a low return method for lazy schmucks.
>>
>>1141070
>paying money to a broker when Robinhood exists
Robin Hood isn't a broker, you genius, so a comparison is pointless.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.