[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Large inheritance, what to do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: dscf3741.jpg (850 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
dscf3741.jpg
850 KB, 2272x1704
I'm 27 and I'm going to get an inheritance of ~£300k (~$430k) this year.
I also have £40k (~$57k) in shares which I don't want to touch because they are in a tax free ISA, which I can only add back £15k a year once I withdraw it.

What do I do with this money? Real estate? Index fund? Start a business? Most interest efficient back account?
>>
buy ethereum
>>
>>1140802
Don't know enough about crypto currencies.
>>
>>1140806
What's there to know? You put money in and money comes back out. It's like an ATM that gives you unlimited cash.
>>
Index fund, move to southern Europe.
a 1,000£/income in spain, portugal or Italy is equivalent to a 3,500£/income in London, except with a bigger flat and you get to see the sun more than once a year. you could retire already and live a very confortable life.
>>
>>1142208
Everything written in this post in bullshit.
Sincerely, an Italian guy.
>>
Well you can also move somewhere like Croatia where it would be pretty easy to stretch out €1k. You can pretend you lvie in Italy except that nobody will rob you.
>>
>>1140800
spend it all on long term options for SunEdison. If it gets acquired, you are a millionaire.
>>
>>1140800
i guess your in the uk. buy a house or two flats to rent out. student houses are good (4/5 bedrooms) or 2 flats rented to professional couples would be low management. put the rest in zopa/funding circle
>>
>>1142209
shut up cuckold, we will invade the south for sun and warm and ibiza, mark my words and wipe my fucking arse
>>
>>1140800
Buy a house, live in it, keep your job. Not having a mortgage will make you more than any handful of percent return on an investment.

And if the economy goes south, well, you still have a house, don't you?
>>
Get some ethereum and hold.
>>
>>1142236
OP here

I'm thinking of doing this. I dunno if I can afford that much though. I'm hoping to get close to or above 8% ROI net yield a year, that would be amazing.
If I have any money left over I'd buy some SEIS shares in a company for the tax relief. I'd also like to take advantage of the residential room letting tax relief.

The way I work it out:

Most efficient bank account - <3% per year
Real estate - 5-10% + capital growth a year
Index funds - 3-5% a year

Does anyone have any other ideas I'm missing?
>>
>>1142235

Why would it be acquired? Get me up to speed pls
>>
Lotto, alll on lotto
>>
>430k
>large
>>
keep growing the S&S ISA and re-invest any dividends from it into it.

As of next tax year you can earn £1000 in tax-free interest too, so stick £20,000 in that Santander 3% current account.

Rest in an index fund I guess (and move it over to the ISA-wrapped investments each year)

Personally I'd put £1000 into ETH and some other moonshot coins (i.e. Maidsafecoin)
>>
>>1142579
British housing market is long overdue a correction desu.

Once rates come up to even 2% I reckon we'll see it. Would help if the govt. didn't keep propping it up with subsidies for buyers.
>>
>>1142958
Yeah this is what I'm worried about. Real estate is a long term (20y+) investment so it shouldn't matter. Wait and buy the dip? Seems like a boom time atm from monitoring it for the past 6 months but who knows when that will end right.
>>
>>1143005
Already seeing declines in prime london property

>oversupply
>increased stamp duty (Tax on property purchases)
>less demand from Russian, Chinese and Gulf foreign buyers for various reasons

JP Morgan predicting 20% decline in prime London prices this week.

Obviously OP wouldn't be in prime London with £400k. Not sure how contained this''l be though.

It's been booming for the last 20 years (apart from 08/09) especially in the South East.
>>
>>1143029
London really skews the UK housing market. It should really be discounted and looked at in individual areas.
I assume the prime London areas are feeling the up coming stamp duty rises. This doesn't affect the rest of the country so much.

I don't see how I could realistically wait until a interest rate rise causes a drop in housing prices considering that interest rates could be low for 3-5 years.
>>
Houses will be cheap when the baby boomers die off.
>>
>>1140800
all of the above

diversify your investments
mitigate losses
>>
File: life partners.jpg (98 KB, 960x641) Image search: [Google]
life partners.jpg
98 KB, 960x641
>>1143117
You're in for a long, long wait.

Pic related. Assholes who stated the same thing to investors.
>>
>>1143117
>what are wills
>what is an ever increasing demand
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.