[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, for the past days I've been studying the laws surrounding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: landlord-preload40.png (40 KB, 252x181) Image search: [Google]
landlord-preload40.png
40 KB, 252x181
So, for the past days I've been studying the laws surrounding the renting out of rooms.

I came to the following conclusion:
If I rent a three room apartment I can rent out each room without having to have any licenses or inspections. Fokking a.

So, I plan on renting a 600 euro three room apartment. Painting all three rooms white and putting in carpet tiles, install wifi, equip the kitchen and rent out every room for 450 euro a month.

The initial investment is 3000 euro and aslong as I always rent out atleast two rooms I'll make a profit. I account for 200 euro a month in utilities.

Simple calc:
apartment: 600
utilities: 200

rent: 1350 (-21 percent tax)

1350 - 1060 = 290 moneys a month for muh corporation

What am I missing?
>>
>>1140656
Subletting apartments is a little bit more complicated than you realize.
>>
>>1140658
Alright. You convinced me with your arguments and logic.
>>
>>1140656
firstly, there are usually rules about subletting

secondly, it's not like your roommates won't know (or at least be able to guess fairly accurately) what you're paying in rent. Why would they rent a room from you for 450 when they're only getting 1/3rd of a 600 euro apartment?
>>
>>1140674
Checked all the rules. It comes down to this: I can rent an apartment with max 3 rooms and rent each room out legally.

And it's not like it's a scheme or something. Ofcourse they could rent an apartment themselves. However, they would need furniture, utilities etc.. which is a hassle.

Your last argument is just bullshit matey.
>>
your landlord may not allow subletting, or modifying the condo (painting and new flooring). however, you're dismissing everyone pointing out that you're oversimplifying things so go right ahead.
>>
>>1140694
No mate, won't do that at all.

You are right. However, by law, if the landlord doesn't include a clause that forbids subletting.. I am fine.

I checked, the ones I am looking at don't. Painting and flooring is completely fine.. I assume you are American? Over here, in the Netherlands, it's very normal to rent an apartment casco.

That means there won't be flooring or anything. You just rent the space.
>>
>>1140684
>legally
...eh. kinda? You still have to get permission from the landlord and he's usually going to want anyone living there to be on the lease as well. Whenever you rent a place the apartment manager/ landlord is going to want to do a credit check and background report on everyone living there that is over the age of 18. You do not own the property so you have to abide by the terms that the owner sets for you.
>>
>>1140702
I realize that is now it works in the US. However, I checked everything and that is simply not how it works here.

I rent the apartment alone, thus they only check my credit. I can rent out up to three rooms by law.

"What am I missing?" was aimed at the financial aspects.
>>
>>1140704
Financially speaking you are (probably) right if all your subtenants keep up on their payments but you are missing the obvious. Some things may be "legal" but that does not mean that the owner of the property is going to allow it. There is probably going to be a clause in your lease that doesn't allow for people to move in without owner consent. The reason why the owner wouldn't want to deal with it is because they would have multiple people to evict if the lease went into default. They also need to know of any adult living in their residence for legal reasons not to even mention who to go after in case of damaged property. In a pratical sense landlords usually do not want multiple single young adult males living in one place. This is not just a US thing.
>>
>>1140684
An area where 3 bedroom apartments go fo 600 is an area where you can rent a room in a shared apartment for 250-300.
Your argument about hassle around furniture, etc makes no sense. When you rent a bedroom in an apartment, it always comes with furniture, be it the bed or the kitchen/bathroom equipments. Did you look up postings for bedrooms in the area around the 600/month apartment?
Unless you can get an apartment below market price, you'll barely break even, assuming no major problem.
>>
>>1140656
You're dreaming if you think your landlord is going to allow you to make money using his property.
>>
>>1140704

Fellow Dutchfag here. Literally every landlord forbids subletting in the rental contract you will have to sign. So, you have to think of another arbitrage opportunity.
>>
>>1140704
Be patient and wait for the right tenants.
If they're even a little shady at all you'll need security camera's. The price on these systems is decreasing however.

Most landlords are clever enough that they include a subletting clause in their lease.

Make sure you check your tenants credit as well. Don't rent to poor people.

Most laws also have a preservation of property clause. Wherein the landlord can if you did not advise him of several tenants enter the property because of suspicious activity. Best to play it straight instead of underhanded.

You are basically acting as manager for the property with more risk. without a constant 10% of gross. All shortfalls belong to you.
>>
So you went to an apartment complex
Signed a lease in their office
And are renting from them
But you assume someone would not do the same thing instead of renting a room in your rented apartment?

If these are high price condos that people buy then you may actually have a market, but you have only used the word apartment. What you are proposing is to buy oranges, stand in the supermarket you bought them from and sell oranges for a higher price.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.