[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any miner fags here? Been able to generate a good amount of ether
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: bamtos.png (223 KB, 720x394) Image search: [Google]
bamtos.png
223 KB, 720x394
Any miner fags here? Been able to generate a good amount of ether over the week.

Is there anything similar to BAMT but for mining ether? too lazy to recompile for ethereum but I want to get some headless dedicated miners going.
>>
>>1139856

ethosdistro dot com
>>
>>1139893
>ethosdistro
they charge for it.
>>
Anyone know if this AntMiner thingy can mine Ethereum, and if the listed hashrate applies to Ethereum? And if it is profitable or a good/bad idea in general?
Is it useful for mining any other coin profitably?
>>
>>1140441
Forgot the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231833518001?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Does that hashrate apply to any SHA256 coin or is the hashrate different per coin?
>>
>>1139856
Using my main desktop's cards for mining.
Rate of 32Mh/s with ethminer on Linux.

0.6 ETH per day has dropped to 0.53 ETH
People are getting excited and the price just lurched from 0.026 to 0.034

>>1140442
No.

ASICs can't mine ETH, it uses a different hashing algorithm so GPUs are the way to go for now.
From all the hardware I've pulled out to try you need 1.5GBs of RAM on your GPU or it won't work.
>>
>>1140487
Does that ASIC's hashrate apply to all SHA256 coins or is it going to have a different hashrate for every coin? I'm trying to figure out if it has any profitability but I'm pretty new
>>
File: station2.png (2 MB, 1280x956) Image search: [Google]
station2.png
2 MB, 1280x956
>>1140487
Been mining with my current desktop cards for quite a while now, but I would like to get something like this going again like back in 2013.
>>
Are we going to move to POS soon? Like this month? I want to mine but was confused if I should because of possibility of POS
>>
>>1140937
They've been talking about it for years and it never went anywhere. Hope it happens though.
>>
How do I get more hashrate?
>>
My r9 280x I bought for $200 should be shipped anytime now
Will be paid off in a lil over a month at its current price
>>
What do I need to mine ether?
>>
>>1141632
Curious as well.
>>
>>1141632

A computer, geth, and the mining program. If you want to mine it at a decent rate, get a good gpu with a decent amount of memory, like 3gb or more.
>>
>>1141622
>>1141622
>>1141622
>>1141622
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.