[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Warranty Exploitation/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 8
File: 1457820914324.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1457820914324.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
Why isn't /biz/ making stacks the semi-D_E_V_I_L_I_S_H way?

>Obtain serial for product(sometimes don't need one)
>Call up company
>Tell them product failed for whatever reason
>Sound upset
>Get replacement
>Sell it on ebay or whatever

Why aren't you guys doing this? You do know some companies will literally send you replacements no questions asked because they'd rather incur the production cost loss rather than a (fake) angry customer/bad press?

If you get REALLY creative you can even get multiples at a time, then you're making let's say $2000 off a single warranty claim.

Some people have done this for expensive graphics cards and made thousands upon thousands.
>>
Well?
>>
Are you betas even trying to make money?

You don't honestly think you can make money investing with your <$50k savings, right?

You need to do something like this to build up your cash reserves before you get started my boys.
>>
>>1139542
You have to send in broken product 99% of the time.

Have you even tried this?
>>
>>1139589
Yes. I have made ~$5000

Honestly most of the time they don't ask you to send things in BUT even if they do there's ways around it.

You can damage the box to make it seem as if the item got stolen.

If the package gets weighed you can send in rocks or better yet dry ice, since it will weigh the correct amount but obviously nothing will be there when it gets to the company...

I'm honestly not sure why biz isn't all over this. This shit makes tons more money than your fucking robinhood penny stocks or whatever.
>>
>>1139589
Also you need to probe.

Try a bunch of companies, some will be easier than others, then you find out which one and bleed them dry
>>
>Talking about it

New fag please leave
>>
>>1139597
>Not discussing it with biz-bros

Breh there's like 15 people on this board. I think we can share thoughts tbqh
>>
>>1139542
>acting like a degenerate nigger to get "rich"

No thanks
>>
>>1139600
>/biz/ says they'll do anything to get rich
>give actual, viable strategies
>"le no thanks I'm not a nigger xD"

>>>/pol/

Enjoy buying shitty pharmaceutical pennystocks with your robinhood friends. I'm sure youll make BIG 5% average returns on your $2000
>>
Fucking betas refusing to earn easy money
>>
>>1139592
Sounds like fraud to me bro. I'm trying to get rich and not end up in legal trouble.
>>
>>1139638
it is most definitely fraud

and because he's stolen thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, it is a felony
>>
>>1139638
Nothing will happen to you senpai
>>
>>1139641
It's not really.

How will they prove that the item didn't break/get stolen exactly?

You're thinking too much into this. These companies make millions in profit, they don't mind sending some poorfag a new dildo or whatever.

Think about all the times you were sold faulty products? It's just payback for those times.

BTW Warranty memes are a several hundred million dollar industry each year, I believe even reaching into the billions.

This isn't new or "illegal" or even morally unethical.
>>
Last time bumping.

It's like you omegas WANT to stay poor. Holy shit.
>>
>NEETs refuse to get rich

What a surprise.
>>
>>1139681
have you done this with graphix cards?
What kinds?
Do I need a physical card or can I just read them the serial number.

I'm only interested in tech, so what would work for that.
>>
>>1139701
I have not. But monitors used to be good.

You could get $400 monitors easily.

Try it yourself senpai.
>>
>>1139707
Monitors would be excellent. Did you ever have to send anything back in?
>>
>>1139710
No
>>
>>1139542

Never change /biz/
>>
File: 1357451782792.jpg (56 KB, 493x537) Image search: [Google]
1357451782792.jpg
56 KB, 493x537
>>1139600
>>1139542

>/biz/
>business ideas
>>
>this many betas afraid to break a few eggshells to make some money

I didn't know thus was a devout christian board.

What fucking happened to all the /scam/ threads on biz?

I swear like a year there was numerous with 100+ replies.
>>
Wagecucks & neets btfo
>>
I'm sorry OP, but if you think this is a way to "get rich", you're fucking retarded.

It isn't a sustainable practice at all and you WILL end up in jail for fraud if you keep it up. They have these things these days called computers that track that kind of shit and soon your name/address will set off red flags anywhere you try to pull your shit.

Do you know what your "value added" is in your business model? You're a fall guy. You give people discounts on goods in exchange for the possibility of going to jail. Its a small risk at first, but the more you do it, the more the risk accumulates, and the closer to fucked you'll be.

I hope you enjoy "getting rich"
>>
File: 300.jpg (22 KB, 237x264) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
22 KB, 237x264
>>1139748
/thread
>>
>>1139748
It's not to get rich you numbskull.

It's to make some money you can later invest.

The fact of the matter is most people on /biz/ have <$10k and so are working minimum wage jobs or looking for some bullshit to do online in order to make for school or save to later invest.

No shit this isn't a permanent career. But you'd have to be a dumbass not to make use of this before it got a lot less profitable and a lot more risky.
>>
Last chance goys
>>
>>1139643
>its not fraud unless your caught mentality
>they make millions so whats the harm in stealing 200$ from them
>completely legal and morally ethical

millennial detected
>>
>>1139862
>butthurt boomer detected

You mad gramps?
>>
>>1139542
If you do have to send it back you'll lose money on shipping.
Feel like with most electronics the companies would ask you to send them back
>>
>>1139643
>This isn't new or "illegal" or even morally unethical.
Yes it is
>>
I shit you not I was watching Rise of Thad land today when I saw eth hit a billion dollar market then was like
Shiet so got up and unplugged my hdmi to switch to bottom monitor to try and buy but it stopped fucking working it's a 3 year old Asus computer tower will they fix
>>
>>1139897
They provide a free shipping label for returns.

>>1139903
Prove it.

I bet you can't find a single person arrested for this
>>
>>1139592

Because stealing and fraud is for gypsies and niggers?? I guess having money is fun, but why bother if you didn't earn it and instead got it by being a weak little leech.
>>
>>1139915
>Prove it.
>
>I bet you can't find a single person arrested for this
you're fuckin retarded man, jesus
>>
>>1139643

I think you're retarded. This is definitely illegal, and is in user agreements/contracts most of the time when you sign up for a shop online. It's considered a felony after a certain point. It can also cost your mailman their job since they'll keep getting reports of leaving packages in a vulnerable area, unless you're using a drop address. You're in denial that what you're doing is in fact illegal. Does stealing from an actual store not count as stealing still?

And trust me I know the business. I was homeless for a few months and scammed just like you OP, but I sold it to a fence for money to eat/gas for my car. Don't kid yourself like it's okay, or you'll feel even more stupid if you get caught. But I'm hoping how stupid you sound already is just bait.
>>
>>1139916
That's how 90% of people earn it tho.

You think the niggers on Wallstreet earned their money?
>>
>>1139927
Yeah yeah Muhammed.

That's why you use a drop.

My point is that since the company to take proper precautions in this case it's not really the same.

They CHOSE to give you a free item as a replacement. That's a lot different than other fraud.
>>
File: 1456296999981.jpg (70 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1456296999981.jpg
70 KB, 470x470
This entire thread
>>
>>1139931
>>1139936

You're right dude. It's THE MAN keeping you DOWN. Pass the roach.

But you are abusing policies in order to, say it with me, steal. Literally fraud is deception intended to result in financial or personal gain. I've been in your shoes, and yeah it seems harmless, but there's no need to be so delusional about the fact that it is a crime. I am curious though, what have you got through these methods?
>>
>>1139945
Not saying it's "the man", just saying nearly no one plays fair given the opportunity.

The people earning the most usually do quite sketchy and at least "unethical" shit. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm a capitalist.

Anyway I'm not sure I would classify it as fraud. Can it really be placed in the same category as identity theft or something? I'm sure nearly everyone would agree, no.
>>
>>1139950

No it is technically fraud, at least in a legal sense. None of your arguments would stand in court to defend you. Identity theft's an even worse crime so that's not something cooler or whatever to say.
>>
>>1139862
>nigger detected
ftfy
>>
>>1139957
My point was how can you out them anywhere near each other?

Identity theft, tax fraud, etc compared to THIS is just entirely a different area.

Saying your graphics card overheated and broke AND getting a mortgage in someome"'s name isn't even close.
>>
Because you have to ship the broken item back to get the replacement retard.
>>
>>1139968
No you do not.

Depends what conpany and item it is ofc tho
>>
>>1139965
Niggers can't into deception lmao.

That's why they sell drugs and then talk about it on twitter
>>
>>1139967

No shit but they fall under categories. I already told you the specific definition of fraud. You are lying to steal a replacement, and then selling it. This is fraud my friend. This is what they'd fine you for in court given the chance they catch you. Just because other things are worse doesn't make your crime any better.
>>
>>1139985
Gee I'm sorry officer.

Why do you care so much?

What the fuck happened to /biz/'s mantra of 'Anything for the Money'?
>>
>>1140025
>bumping his shit tier trolling attempts

youre a degenerate
>>
I did this a few times on Amazon but I really needed the laptop for college and stuff.

It's definitely stealing and I don't like doing it.
>>
>>1140044
It helps feel less bad when you get your laptop tho desu

>>1140039
>degenerate

>>>/pol/

Go post funny memes about Jews over there idiot.

This is /biz/
>>
>>1140047
I mean yah. Not enough to justify stealing though.
>>
>>1140054
Yes I guess it is pretty nigger-like.

/biz/ ruined me. All the "anything for the money" threads got to my head.
>>
nice samefagging.. and in this instance calling you a degenerate isnt a meme, its an observation
>>
>>1140054
>These companies hire armies of accountants to pay 15-20% tax rates instead of 35% (effectively money that would be invested in the people).
>Thinking abusing warranties is more morally wrong.
Top kek
>>
>>1140059
Oh no how ever will I live knowing a NEET on 4chan called me such an offensive pol-tier slur!
>>
>>1140060
Two wrongs don't make a right.
>>
>>1140060
This also, BTW.

>>1140062
Bruh you did it yourself you have no right to talk.

Besides why would you want to be a cuck-goy to these companies? Fuckem
>>
>>1140064
>>1140060
>these companies make money so I hate them

Reddit tier thinking.
>>
>>1140062
I work in a small business and from what I've seen many people in the industry get away with shit like you wouldn't believe.

They are so good with lawyers and managing liabilities that they can get away with robbing people blind. The world isn't as "moral" as you think.

Now I'm not enough of a poorfag to be stealing monitors and graphics cards, but I don't blame NEETs for trying to pull shit like this. I would do the same, but obviously wouldn't be a retard about it (like sending it to your own house or giving your own name).
>>
>>1140067
>These companies avoid taxes and do shitty things
>HOW DARE someone make a little money off their policies!!!??!!!

You are literally a cuckold for them
>>
>>1140076
>using cuck unironically

Worthless NEET just off yourself. Scamming Amazon to build your new gaymen PC won't make your life any less shitty.
>>
So I have a question. If you don't need to send anything back, why do you need to steal anything at all? Can't you just call GE and say the AC unit or whatever is broken?

Can you give examples of what you have frauded and then how you got a free replacement? I find this whole operation just frankly not true.
>>
>>1140080
>I have no reasonable argument so I'll just insult you

You know I'm right.
>>
>>1140083
Don't worry about it. It's all fiction here, Mr. Officer.
>>
>>1140087
Here I am actually trying to engage a thread about side hustles instead of white knighting and you just want to troll.

What is the point of this thread then if you don't want to share insights about your operation?
>>
File: 1457261248275.jpg (22 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1457261248275.jpg
22 KB, 403x403
>>1140061
>projecting
it would have been easier to just say 'i agree', jamal
>>
>>1140096
White knight here.

All you literally do is order an item from Amazon that is sold by Amazon and then wait til it's shipped.

Contact support and say it never arrived even though it did and then get a refund. It's super fucking easy that I know middle schoolers that do it. OP probably frequents social engineering forums and thinks he's l337 as fuck for it when really he's just a piece of shit.
>>
>>1140102
That's the beta way to do it.

People used to do Dell monitors and a bunch of people got arrested supposedly

Pretty sure that's why Astropid shut down. The legal trouble just from that one meme LOL
>>
>>1140109
Oh and free sunglasses was cool for a while.

You could get like 20 pairs of brand name sunglasses because a retailer charged shekels after the order was placed instead of at the time or somethin
>>
>>1140102
Also why are you so ass blasted?
>>
>>1140102
So, what happens when my sale is not refunded? Does that just not happen? It seems like a few rejections for purchases throws away all the gains from these cheap resales.

>>1140109
So your operation does get people arrested? Why do you argue that it isn't illegal then?
>>
>>1140128
I haven't personally partaken in it but on that particular occasion rumor has it that people got arrested and then a major site shutdown, all at the same time.
>>
Sounds like too much risk and effort for little reward.
>>
>>1140131
No risk, moderate effort, moderate reward.
>>
>>1140134
Stop bumping your own thread, if you want interest in your little scam post numbers, what do you make? What's your biggest loss? What's the most you've made in a week? What do you average per week?
The major flaw in your plan is that it isn't sustainable, they'll catch on if you make too many claims, how do you keep finding new sites to scam? Do you use your friends and split the profit? share a few greentexts of your process for deciding what to buy, how much to buy, where to buy from, etc. You're lack of information but barrage of primary school tier insults are cringeworthy, share the info that actually matters
>>
Most companies do RMAs
>>
OP, I'm interested, can you tell me more? What sort of products and companies do I have to look for?
>>
>>1139992
The issue is that you're doing something that can land you in jail to make your money. It's not a very viable way to get cash if you risk losing your freedom while doing it. There are better ways to make money that don't involve this idiotic level of risk.
>>
>>1139542
Who has done this with a car?
>>
File: woop.png (2 KB, 215x35) Image search: [Google]
woop.png
2 KB, 215x35
>>1139542

Ya could you like not saturate the market?

That'd be great.

> find algo of serials for company
> private method is private

I'll just stop there.

> pic related
>>
>>1139598

> 15 people on this board

15 people that will tell 7 other people each.

I mean I'm just saying that if you know about this and you're posting about it willingly, chances are that the market will soon see some restraint. It has actually been getting more difficult in recent years, especially with the MS PID blow out.
>>
>>1139701

Look into MSI serial generator.

You'll be looking at a drop shipping method combined with a dry ice method.

Honestly not worth the trouble in my eyes, but you have people that do it and reap massive rewards.
>>
>>1144332

Correction, not "drop shipping", just "drop".
>>
File: 1457909840163.jpg (106 KB, 532x664) Image search: [Google]
1457909840163.jpg
106 KB, 532x664
>>1139592
>dry ice
>the guy doing mail sorting's face when a box comes down the conveyor pouring fog
>>
>>1139592
THIS IS CALLED MAIL FRAUD AND ITS LITERALLY A FEDERAL CRIME

CAN BE VERY EASILY TIED TO BACK TO YOU
>>
>>1144356
this is literally the funniest thing I have ever imagined in my life
>>
>>1144431
>literally
I hate this board.
>>
>>1139542
>literally
Literally die.
>>
Ive literally found no company that gives out free shit when you complain.
>>
>company asks for proof of purchase

90% or more of them do this and you don't have it. Serial is not enough
>>
I got 3 free 980gtx ti nvidia graphics card. Damn its east
>>
Because its boring and doesnt have amazing returns.
>>
>>1144837
And what does?
>>
>>1144330
>He refuses to share with his biz bros

Meh. Biz is cool, it's at least a far better idea than 95% of the shit posted here.
>>
>>1144637
You've literally not looked literally hard enough.
>>
>>1144837
Returns relative to effort isn't half bad.

Much better than what most people here are doing, at least.

Also it's easy as fuck. Boring to wait on hold but you can just fap or post on 4chan while you wait lmao
>>
>>1144356
10/10 post thanks for this
>>
>>1144717
>>company asks for proof of purchase
>90% or more of them do this and you don't have it. Serial is not enough

Use a receipt generator.

Or scan a copy of an actual receipt then "fix it up" in Photoshop.
>>
>>1144326

>social engineering is private

Nah, but the algorithm is interesting
>>
>>1144870
Why dont u name some then anon
>>
File: mmm_yes.jpg (20 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
mmm_yes.jpg
20 KB, 600x440
>>1144890

> implying calling or sending an email is necessary
>>
>>1139542

I doubt this would work.

Any time I had trouble with computer parts I was always asked to send them in and they would send me a replacement.

And even if it did work, going to jail for fraud is a real thing.
>>
you could do it with iphones
they will ask for the phone back, but not the charger or headphones that come with it
>>
So many white knights. It is fraud but who cares a dollar bill is a dollar bill. If it morally bothers you, then dont fucking do it.

Props op. For finding a niche amd going for it.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.