[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
order filler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 14119-4279197.jpg (164 KB, 902x1203) Image search: [Google]
14119-4279197.jpg
164 KB, 902x1203
Got a job as a product puller at a big grocery distribution center.

>any advice?
>>
>>1139535
eat healthy
get a good night's sleep
work hard
masturbate to pictures of women with penises

that's about all I got
>>
>>1139535
Spend free time learning a skill / working towards and education.
>>
>>1139538
Check check and check
>>
>>1139539
>define skill
>define educated
>>
>>1139535
try to move your way up the ranks unless you want to stay in that job

it is actually probably one of the best low wage jobs, i worked in a distribution center for a couple months a year ago, chill af
>>
>>1139553
Well the one i have seems really fast paced but the pay is really good to start
>>
>>1139535
invest 50% of your income into ETH.
>>
>>1139535
I would buy a dickie's eisenhower jacket because you'll be working in a big refrigerator. Those jackets are lightweight, warm, and meant for working environments.

Memorize the layout of the warehouse, and the SKUs they use.

You're going to register everything you pick, yeah.

If you don't know how to use a forklift, learn.

Work accurately.
>>
>>1139535
Organize your coworkers and convince them to sign a pledge card and go union. Collective bargaining is your friend.
>>
>>1139535
Get trained/certified on EVERY piece of equipment you can talk them into letting you learn. Equipment experience is way more important for initial advancement and future employment opportunities, should you need them.
>>
>>1140786
When warehouse positions ask for forklift "experience" that doesn't mean license right?
Also can you get hired without knowing all the equipment?
>>
>>1139535

Show on time
Don't complain
Ask questions, it's better you wait 5 minutes if you are in doubt rather than make a mistake that will take 5 hours to correct, or which will cost money from goods damaged or sent the wrong place.
Don't talk politics except for generalities, NO RED PILLS
Do not talk racial relations AT ALL
If there is banter (which there will be), just slide off and don't commit for the first couple of months. After that, you can start showing some teeth. The more outragous you want to banter, the more people have to be present. If you want to joke about your co-worker being sexually frustrated, do it while 6 others are present. Their laughs will be your shield.
Do not suck up to the bosses, do your job, make suggestions if you feel that you maybe have a good idea to make some kind of work faster or more efficient. But WAIT with that until you have 6-12 months of experience.
Be flexible regarding shifts, if you cover your coworker, he or she will cover you another time. If you never cover, you will never get help when you need time off for whatever reason.
DO NOT SAVE MONEY ON SAFETY SHOES, BUY THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD EVEN IF IT IS EXPENSIVE
>>
>>1139535
> Don't piss off the managers
> Don't drop shit on your head
> Don't walk into shelves
> Don't drop shit on your head (no, really, don't)
> Invest in safety boots
> Composite toecap and not steel; your calves will thank you.
> WORK GLOVES. It may look silly, but your dick will thank you for the lack of callouses.
> Don't wander around with headphones in, or someone will mow you down with a forklift.
> Volunteer for all the training you can.
> Don't steal shit; you can't carry enough out in your pockets to be worth the loss of the job if you get caught
> If you do steal shit, go fucking big. Truck full of expensive booze, maybe.
> Don't fucking drop shit on your fucking head
Concussions are not fun. Your first one is painful. Any after that can and probably will cause brain damage.

>>1142166
>DO NOT SAVE MONEY ON SAFETY SHOES, BUY THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD EVEN IF IT IS EXPENSIVE

NOT ALWAYS. My job EATS workboots. The £90 steel-toed CATs I bought last year didn't last 6 months, so I switched to generic shit £30 composite-toed boots. I should probably stop dropping shit on my feet, really.
>>
for the love of god please make sure you build pallets correctly and put the fucking load on the right truck.

Us folks in load crew at the receiving store get the brunt of the rage from our manager when you guys fuck up
>>
>manage warehouse
>get 60k
>24
>felt good
>stuck in a rut
>>
>>1144156
>work in warehouse as a pleb
>make 60k a year
>have no sympathy for dumb managers
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.