[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't we literally build new societies from scratch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
Why don't we literally build new societies from scratch? I mean cities with homes for everyone, automated farmins, shops, etc.
>>
because the majority of humankind is a burden on the minority
>>
>>1139356
I mean, most cities has old infrastructure, which has more maintainance cost.
>>
>>1139356
I think you got it backwards, but whatever. Obviously humanity ain't ready yet.
>>
>>1139352
Some companies build planned out cities. They turn out well. See Irvine, California.

I know there's a megacity rising in Korea. It's called Songdo
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland

Because reality.
>>
>>1139352
Because somebody has to build them, and the people who want the new society more than likely won't do it.
>>
>>1139352

> disgusting modernist high rises

i bloody hope not
>>
>>1139352
>Why don't we literally build new societies from scratch? I mean cities with homes for everyone, automated farmins, shops, etc.
we do it all the time, more often in asia than europe.

t. architect
>>
Would it be possible to buy land from a country and make it autonomous, and how much money would you need?
>>
>>1140404
When I ask how much money I mean just the buying part, not everything that comes later.
>>
>>1140404
>Would it be possible to buy land from a country and make it autonomous
no, no country in the world would allow an autonomous entity in it's borders that they cannot control other than if it was occupied by a foreign state with a military capacity exceeding its own (e.g. Kosovo is an autonomous province in Serbia posing as a 'republic' where Serbia has no actual control since it is under U.S. military occupation). There are "autonomous republics" in Australia but only as a tourist attraction.
>>
>>1140404
Just make a space colony.
>>
File: 8SbHV8C.jpg (156 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
8SbHV8C.jpg
156 KB, 600x338
>>1139352
>>
>>1140423
What if the country really needed the money.
>>
KaluYala.com
>>
>>1140451

really into this. but it bothers me so so much that they only seem to promote it with hippy-feelgood vibes and ethical, noborders, world-collective mumbo jumbo. isn't there more value to it? i wish they talked a bit more about the technical side of things, which i'm sure there's interesting aspects to.
>>
>>1139352
legal red tape is shit.

Especially in europe you can't build anything of this scale
>>
Well, china has a shit load of beautifully constructed yet totally empty ghost cities.
Make some deals with your future yellow overlords then build your little city.
>>
>>1139352
They cost money that we don't have. Why don't you stop loving in a fantasy world op? This isn't Star trek.
>>
Because we have an abundance of undesirables living among us that should be purged but some of us are pussies.
>>
File: aspern sea city _ vienna.jpg (641 KB, 1734x1184) Image search: [Google]
aspern sea city _ vienna.jpg
641 KB, 1734x1184
>>1140478
>Especially in europe you can't build anything of this scale
of course you can, it is being currently built
>>
>>1140456
same here my man. seems like a great idea but who would want to live with those insufferable hipsters
>>
The more important question is, how can a basement dwelling neet get some of those sweet monies from building a city from scratch?
>>
File: capitalism.jpg (44 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
capitalism.jpg
44 KB, 600x587
>>1139352
It is complicated and expensive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordlândia

It all boils down to allocating capital where you can gain the highest returns which most of the world of business is already striving to do.

Something like an iphone is the result of decades of technological development, your vision of monorails and vertical farms will also take decades of development, assuming there are no better alternatives people would rather put their money into.

You might ask "but how can it be, it seems like such a brilliant idea", well, when you try to put it into practice, start running into unforeseen problems and see the costs you will discover why.
>>
>>1141199
>unforeseen problems

niggas always tryina fuck up my future cities
>>
>>1140489

Those ghost cities are no longer ghost cities, they're all populated with working citizenry.
>>
>>1139352
Some countries like Germany, Brazil, and the USofA are doing that in terms of large scale concept cities, but that isn't happening in terms of new societies/countries as a whole.

The reason why is due to a lack of colonialism. Look at history. The only things that cause new societies to form are colonies revolting or civil wars (and it can be argued that two are pretty much the exact same thing). There's no more unclaimed space on Earth that humans can live on. It's either uninhabitable, maritime, or already owned.
>>
>>1140404
You might as well go out and dredge your own island in the sea.
>>
Should build a big walled off city state in one of those shitty African countries. Gotta be coastline and have a port though. Shoot on sight immigration laws.
>>
i forgot ppl thought like this
graduate school does that to you
>>
>>1139352
So why not build a island or floating island out in the ocean?
>>
There are charter cities happening all the time. Giving businesses and Developers massive incentives.
>>
>>1142264
Would that be legal?
>>
>>1142349
It's under nobodies jurisdiction. Just costly to move sand but still. Or buy a oil rig!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.