[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to take home $90K/year (post tax) in order to meet my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Savings Graph.png (76 KB, 823x550) Image search: [Google]
Savings Graph.png
76 KB, 823x550
I need to take home $90K/year (post tax) in order to meet my life goals. What is this pre tax and what jobs out there should I study for? I assume meeting this goal would be easy if I married somebody but I highly doubt I will ever find a financially responsible woman with the same goals and hobbies as me. I live in Washington state.
>>
File: 1388869208099.gif (2 MB, 250x216) Image search: [Google]
1388869208099.gif
2 MB, 250x216
>>1139319
That's a lot of money, take home. What kind of life style do you really need?

That being said, doctors and dentists get paid very well. Go do that.
>>
>>1139319
What a retarded graph
>>
>income peaks when you're 45

I don't think it works like that
>>
I've been thinking of ways to profit off of something I already enjoy doing - like if I liked jet skis, maybe I'd rent them out so that I could spend as much time with jet skis as possible, as well as cutting costs to use the nicest ones when I want to.

What are your hobbies, and is there any way that you could do something similar to this?
>>
>>1139459
That being said, I also live in Washington and pay tons of child support. So upping my finances would be nice as well; I only make about 50-60 right now. Probably 40 after child support and taxes. Not easy in Seattle.
>>
>>1139460
>I only make about 50-60 right now.
that's quite the range for an income. why the ambiguity? you either make 52k or 57k
>>
$90k take home would be something like $140k pretax without state income taxes.
>>
>>1139470
Last year, I made 41k pretax, but I transitioned from waiting tables to a government/regular job halfway through the year. I like to work overtime anytime I can, and I like to pick up side jobs when I can. The job is about 50k base pay though.
>>
>>1139475
(Thanks, Obama)
>>
>>1139328

I would like to buy a secluded house on 20+ acres outside of Seattle or Vancouver. Gonna cost around $500-600K. The mortgage would be about $2,500/month so $7,500 a month take home minimum.

After doing some research, I was thinking of just buying land. I can get 30-50 acres for less than $75K. Then build a tiny home for another $75K tops. Then when I get older or have a financial partner, I could build a custom log cabin.
>>
>>1139319
Around $130,000ish. Includes low-mid-range state income tax, federal income tax, social security, and medicare taxes. Will change if you can itemize (you buying a house), have kids/wife/exemptions, or if you apply for other credits. Doesn't take into account retirement programs or health care. It really, really depends.

So very roughly, you'll want $130,000.
>>
>>1139319
$130k. Easiest way to get there is probably to become a software developer. Also, don't get married your wife might make as much as you but she will spend 50% more than you on pointless shit.
>>
>>1139319
Why the fuck do you need $90K a year to live? Do you fly private jets and buy lamborghinis or something? I live off 25k post tax per year.
>>
>>1139705
27k post tax master race
>>
You aren't going to get $90K/y being that stupid.

If (pretax income)*(100% - tax rate)=(post-tax income)
then (post-tax income) / (100% - tax rate) = (pretax income)

$90K / (100% - 28%) = $125K
Simple arithmetic, idiot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.