[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do asians mostly work in? >tfw Every asians parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (53 KB, 532x576) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
53 KB, 532x576
What do asians mostly work in?

>tfw Every asians parents I know are rich.
>>
Medicine? Technology? Idk, just guessing.
>>
>>1139187
Anything related to a STEM degree.
>>
>>1139187
They all just buy Eth.
>>
Many Asians in my area are in medicine or Judd they don't go to school they land good manufacturing jobs that require excellent hand skills. Them tiny fingers are great for more than just jacking your dick
>>
>>1139187
Two words:

>Opium Dens
>>
I only speak for California

Many skilled Asians in the US work in professions such as in Medicine, Law, Engineering, Accounting, Nursing, Programmers etc.

For recent arrival of Asians, they prefer owning their own business so either ethnic restaurants (mostly E. Asians), native restaurants -- fast food franchises (S.Asians), laundromats, convenience stores, beauty salons. Some do skilled trades, like being a mechanic is popular because they don't necessarily have to depend on a company for labor. Those unable to work in that field end up in sweatshops making stitching textiles.

For wealthy but unskilled Asians, they end up in the import/export - supply chain. Warehouse owners or assistants. Basically everyone selling on eBay.
>>
>>1139187
The pinnacle of an asian's success is owning their own business or a career in a professional field. Instead of wasting their teens early twenties "finding themselves" with drugs/liberal arts degrees they work towards those goals. Although 2nd/3rd generation immigrants are getting weak.
>>
>>1139247
I will continue with ethnic stereotypes:

Cantonese, HKers: Jewelry, Real Estate, Factory Owners
Taiwanese: Real Estate, Insurance, Import/Export
Japanese: Professionals, Business/Corporate
Koreans: Factory Owners, Import/Export
Vietnamese: Nail Salons, Shrimpers
Filipinos: Nursing
Myanmar-Chinese: Donut shops
Hmong: Farmers
Cantonese, Rural: Restaurants
Gujurati: Motels
Punjabi: Food Franchises (Blimpie, Subway, 7/11), Doctors
Dravidians, Tamils: Engineers
>>
>>1139187
>What do asians mostly work in?
>>tfw Every asians parents I know are rich.

That's because you only know the top 1-2% of China who work extremely hard to come to North America.
>>
A lot of rich chinese/government officials send their kids to 1st world countries. A millionaire is has higher chances of moving out of china than a poor rice farmer.
>>
>>1139257
>Working in conjunction with Homeland Security Investigations, the US Drug Enforcement Administration and the US Postal Inspection Service-San Jose Team, the Santa Cruz Police Department Neighborhood Enforcement Team arrested Mariah Dremel, Benny Liu, Cesar Casil, Nathan Tieu, Cecilia Le and Hoai Nguyen, all 21, on suspicion of various drug conspiracy and possession charges. The students are members of the affiliated Lambda Phi Epsilon fraternity and alpha Kappa Delta Phi sorority, police said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_29610305/ucsc-fraternity-and-sorority-members-arrested-international-drug?source=infinite-up
>>
>>1139555

>In a sorority/fraternity that isn't old money white people
>Want to be rich and successful, asian or not

Pick one
>>
>>1139187
Not the Filipinos I live around. Just as bad as illegal Mexicans in my area. 17 people living in one house all working at the fish plants. Are Filipinos counted when we talk about asian sucess? They are pretty mediocre and ghetto compared to other asians.
>>
>>1139187
Connections. They pass on business acumen through each generation. They also strongly value education. I have more asian friends than any other race because they seem to have the same values. Of course there are knuckleheads with every race but asians are taught the value of money at an early age. They are the new jews.

One example:
>vietnamese family moves into our neighborhood when i was growing up
>middle class neighborhood
>find out the husband and wife both work at a nail salon
>been working at a nail salon for 20 years to save up for house
>after getting house they both work at nail salon for another 10 years to be able to open up their own nail salon
>daughter gets nail license and works for them for free
>sons get sent to college after they graduate
>husband drives a old beat up van and never spends money
>after 5 years open up another nail salon
>2 years later buy commercial property that they lease out
>2 years later buy another house
>1 year later have 2 more nail salons and an apartment complex
>sons are college educated by this time and run businesses for them
>literal millionaires after 40 years of hard work and saving with millions in assets
>these are people that came to US from vietnam with almost nothing
This is a pretty typical example. I know a lot of stories very similar to this.
>>
>>1139609
Filipina women usually become nurses or work in the medical profession like convalescent home workers or dialysis technicians. There is some validity to the stereotype. Filipino males on the other hand are pretty lazy and usually depend on the women to be the breadwinners. The goal of most (older) filipino americans is to build a nest egg then move back to the phillipines where they can live like kings. The cost of living is much lower there and it isn't uncommon to have live-in maids and cooks.
>>
>>1139187
Protip: only the rich, educated ones could afford to move over here.
>>
>>1139187
i dunno but i dont understand it. Where I live in canada, every 80k+ car you see on the street is being driven by a 20 year old asian exchange student
>>
>>1139653 what about japs and Koreans? That same logic?

Why doesn't this happen with, say, Latinos? Not only the rich move out. And they continue to be poor in US. While I have yet to see a poor chinese/korean/japanese/indian.
>>
>>1139677
*living outside their country
>>
File: 1451347441165.jpg (15 KB, 327x324) Image search: [Google]
1451347441165.jpg
15 KB, 327x324
>>1139672
>>1139672
asians are like russians when it comes to cars. they may drive an expensive one but it's always fully on loan.

in china and russia it's common the car people drive is more expensive than the house they live in. it's such a status symbol for people in those cultures
>>
>>1139677
>>1139677
Because their was a shitload of shit dictators and coups in South America years ago. The rich became poor, the poor either stayed or left the countrt.
>>
>>1139187
First generation Asians that I know:

Programmer
Doctor
Lawyer
Accountant
Nurse
Small business owners

I have to agree 2nd/3rd generation asians are getting weak.
>>
>>1139653
bullshit.
>>
>>1140416 i guess being away from their traditional Asian culture of working hard and earning money is affecting them and they are becoming no different than usual Americans themselves
>>
>>1139653
True for most part, excluding Mainland Chinese and those who arrived from the Vietnam War as refugees (Vietnamese are mixed up upper/lower class, Cambodian, Hmong, Laotian are certainly lower-middle farmers; France absorbed their best and brightest).

The early Chinese immigrants pre 1960 are 95% rural farmers. Like, they still don't have paved roads in their town, they don't speak a language which has been updated in close to 600 years. But they were brought here after African slave trade was ended because ... the Brits somehow convinced the world that the coolie trade was more humane (and it wasn't by any means).

Japanese who arrived here were also long term farmers. They quickly assimilated to the upper-middle business/government crust, in my experience. Otherwise some run fairly productive organic farms in California.
>>
>>1139677
Koreans think our internet is awful, so they won't move here.
>>
>>1139677
>While I have yet to see a poor indian
Indian here. When my family moved over to the US, they were well off in India but really poor here. They just went through a lot to save money wherever possible (living together, taking shit apartment, saving gas by going everywhere together, coupons, etc), and they worked whatever jobs they could until they were able to work for large companies that aligned with their education. Then they kept moving up in those companies over the course of 20-25 years.

They're rich now, by the way.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.