[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can I predict the stocks with fractals.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
can I predict the stocks with fractals.
>>
>>1138998

yes. also with a crystal ball, tea leafs, and pidgeon shit. all work about equally well.
>>
>>1139020
but those aren't math.
>>
>>1138998

yes you can use the fibonacci fractal to calculate the stocks
>>
>>1139023
Nobody can predict the fucking stock market you dope.

Wise up and actually look at what happens in the real world. If people could accurately predict the stock market, then many more would be infinitesimally rich.

The only people who can apply sound prediction making to stocks are quants trading in the range of milliseconds. Even then the prediction making is shaky.
>>
>>1139027
Infinitesimal means infinitely small btw
>>
>>1139027
but fractals.
>>
>>1139034
Yeah, this. Although it sounds cool to have a friend who calls large stuff "infinitesimal" like his catch phrase
>>
>can I predict the stocks

No. Also, you shouldn't look at predictions, you should look at potential consequences
>>
>>1138998

your blown accont will be a fractal
>>
File: 1446606493253.jpg (54 KB, 417x495) Image search: [Google]
1446606493253.jpg
54 KB, 417x495
>>1139027
>many more would be infinitesimally rich
>infinitesimally rich
>>
>>1139023
Just because it's math doesn't mean that it has anything to do with the stock market or any predictive power when it comes to predicting the price of securities consistently. Counting the number of my brain cells that died from your original comment's sheer stupidity and charting it over the amount of time that it took to read your post is math based but it won't help me predict whether the Dow will be up or down tomorrow. If you seriously believe that fibanocci sequences and fractals are good tools for investing or trading then you really shouldn't be actively managing your money.
>>
>>1139197
--> >>1139036
>>
>>1138998
Yes. Just like you can use the Fuckanazi Sequence to locate slutty Jewish girls.
>>
>>1138998
Actually I have a related question.
Has anyone ever tried using 3d charts instead of 2d charts to plot variables in economics? Think some cool vortexes might pop out if you do.
>>
>>1139245
>Just like you can use the Fuckanazi Sequence to locate slutty Nazis.
Fixed... I think.
>>
>>1139673
Has anyone tried doing quadratic regressions instead of linear regressions on stocks?
>>
>>1139673
>>1139764
genius.
>>
>>1139034
>>1139158
chill. My autocorrect changed it from infinitely to infinitesimally
>>
>>1139764
Seems too simple desu. Using math to predict stocks seems retarded especially since you are competing against armies of PhDs.

The only reason to use math in finance is try to quantify risk & reward after you've made good models with good assumptions.

A computer can't make its own comprehensive & complex models, they're is too much human judgement & intuition involved. You can create value in this way. Math just ensures you don't make obviously stupid bets by overlooking something.
>>
>>1139764
>Has anyone tried doing quadratic regressions instead of linear regressions on stocks?
I assume you're taking the piss but seriously all the charts I see thrown around are 2d
>>
Usually I'll buy a cat from the pet store and behead it on a circular table, while playing a tune on the Kazoo. Its led me to insights that have yeilded large rates of return.

They had to put me in a padded room because of my genius.
>>
File: george-soros.jpg (41 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
george-soros.jpg
41 KB, 300x280
>>1139027
>If people could accurately predict the stock market, then many more would be infinitesimally rich.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.