[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As of 15 minutes ago I have exchanged just over $100,000 of paper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 470x313
As of 15 minutes ago I have exchanged just over $100,000 of paper money for silver bullion. I'm hoping to see it double in value before selling it. Who here stacks precious metals?
>>
>>1138415
what % of that is your total assests?
>>
About 80% of my liquid assets. (The rest being cash and stock) and about 50 percent of my total (the rest being the equity in my house)
>>
>>1138415

pms bubble is popped. good luck with that.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1136x591) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1136x591
>>1138429
Silver proves to be volatile, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that prices will go back up. Especially considering silvers industrial purposes and the fact that it is "consumed" to a point where it can not be retrieved at a practical price.
>>
>>1138422
you're an idiot
>>
>>1138439
Care to elaborate?
Obviously I will disagree but I'm curios to hear what your expert option has to add
>>
>>1138435

I sold most of my gold and silver at the top. I still have a few silver oz's lying around the house somewhere. They're basically relegated to memorabilia of when I pumped this metal to suckers like you. No offense.

$8/oz is gracious. It probably won't reach that price because of stubborn silverbugs still clinging to the past, but again, $8/oz is the high end of when I'm willing to reinvest. Good luck with your chinese buyers.
>>
>>1138465

Silver will not double ever.

If the economy crashes again it will be due to deflation.
>>
>>1138479
>>1138481
I'm considerably more bullish on silver, and palladium for that matter, I trust their industrial demand will rally prices up again. At the very least I doubt I'll lose money on this purchase
>>
>>1138486

You won't go broke on silver, but you won't beat inflation.
>>
>>1138479
>. I still have a few silver oz's lying around the house somewhere.
I really need to find mine. i know ive got a roll of mercurys somewhere, a couple halves left, and i think i left my silver proof sets at my parents place.

think im gonna spend the next few minutes looking up how much those silver proof state quarters are worth nowadays.
>>
>>1138415
>>1138422
you fucking moron
>>
>>1138415
dude you're making two mistakes:
-Not enough diversification on your total assets as seen on the rest of the thread
-You should have dollar-cost averaged that huge buy over months to reduce your exposure to volatility.
>>
>>1138479
Pretty much this. The big swings and volatility in the metals markets right now are residual "noise" from new buyers, panic buyers, and Republicans who bought into the hype that Glenn Beck and his ilk were saying. These dumb assholes who bought their 100 ounces at $48 an ounce back in 2011 are still holding the bag, and because of that, there's artificial price supports. I wouldn't say $8/ozt is where we're going, but we haven't hit the bottom yet.

>CSB, began buying silver as a kid, $3.15/ozt
>Bought two ounces every week with my allowance, from age 8 to 15 when I stopped getting one.
>Spent half my tip money on silver after getting a job as a waiter
>Bought 4000ozt in 4 full sized COMEX bars with my enlistment bonus ($25k in 1998) at $5.10 an ounce
>Sold all but my 1988 Eagles (the first ones I bought) near the peak of the market
>One Republican moron at my church paid me $51k for one of those COMEX bars, and laughed at me for selling it so "cheap." "You'll be sorry, Obama's going to wreck the economy! You'll wish you still had this when you're broke."
>He still has it, and he looks at me like I'm the devil when he sees me in church
>>
>>1138659
>>Bought 4000ozt in 4 full sized COMEX bars with my enlistment bonus ($25k in 1998) at $5.10 an ounce
For clarity, my enlistment bonus was $25k. The bars ran me just over $22k after premiums and shipping. The rest went to buy a used Jeep.
>>
As of 15 minutes ago you just destroyed your liquidity and position to be able to put $100k in ETH you fucking idiot
>>
silver and gold are a good store of value but not good at creating value because they are value. Gold and silver are literally value.
>>
>>1138415
>investing in unproductive assets
>>
>>1138415
Wew lad, 50% of your assets. That' s quite stupid.
You are actually betting on panic to ensue, which is actually quite possible in the next 1-2 years. But having no liquidity for 2 years gives you a lot of oppurtunity to fuck up.
I'm imagining your tears, when you get out at 12$ in half a year, just to see it rise to 25$ in 1,5 years
>>
>>1138507
>>1138479
>>1138415
Do all you guys really just have big ingots of silver lying around? I always thought it was just kept at a bank in a safe or something and you just get a certificate.
>>
>>1138872
You know that shit gets requisitioned as soon as shit hits the fan right?
>>
>>1138872
Not just lying around. I keep the bit I have, as well as my coin collection in one of the ammo drawers in my gun safe.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.