[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't mega-rich people ever do insane shit with their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: great_gatsby-620x412[1].jpg (45 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
great_gatsby-620x412[1].jpg
45 KB, 620x412
Why don't mega-rich people ever do insane shit with their money?

Like yeah, middle age rich white guys will buy a sports team, and young rich guys will fly around the world drinking and fucking hookers, but I mean really insane

Surely there are those with enough wealth to buy a small country, or spend enough money to will some new technology into existence by sheer force of dollars

What are some obscene examples of splurging that have either actually happened, or could legally happen if someone were so inclined
>>
Because you can't really do that

And it's not like their networth is their liquid cash.

They have it in all sorts of investments and assets.

When you hear "$400million networth" fuck knows how much he's actually worth and it's not like that his bank account balance.
>>
>>1138339
Yeah I get the difference between liquid assets and total net worth but still.

Just by the law of averages you'd think there would be some number of insane rich people who have spent their money on insane things
>>
>>1138344
They probably have it's not headline news.
>>
Executive outcomes was a thing and George Soros likes to throw his money at insanity
>>
>>1138336
You don't become wealthy and retain wealth by being a tard.

Money to (most) of the ultra-wealthy is seen as a tool to generate more wealth, power, and influence. Not as something to blow on their inner 15 year old's half baked wet dreams.
>>
>>1138336
you mean like building a SUPER MEGA DEATH ROBOT?
>>
>>1138344
Bill Gates has almost eradicated polio in Africa. Kind of crazy when you realize it's just one man's money.
>>
>>1138358
also kind of crazy when you realize all of those africans who survive to adulthood will have 6 more spawn who will need a lifetime of foreign aid, etc etc etc
>>
>>1138336
'Insane shit' means influencing international politics and the world economy, which they already do.

The rich aren't an 'other' to the power structure like some kind of Bond villain.

They ARE the power structure.
>>
>>1138336
Too much work, and not worth it? Isn't it usually when one is mega rich, they're already old and don't care for shit anymore?
>>
>>1138363
Development lowers birth rates though.
>>
>>1138373
yeah the developed negro in america certainly have a lower birthrate
>>
>>1138363
I didn't say how I felt about it. Just pointed it out, sperg.
>>
>>1138336
Elon musk, Richard Branson

rich kids of Instagram
>>
Elon Musk, Amazon guy, guy who owns virgin

There are a few. Most you don't hear about though
>>
>>1138336
does martin shkreli count?
>>
Mac Dre was gonna buy an island, but then he died. Also, that tiny asian boxer employs an army
>>
Howard Hughes and Elon Musk spring to mind op
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.