[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazon Sucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: amazon_logo_RGB[1].jpg (109 KB, 1250x458) Image search: [Google]
amazon_logo_RGB[1].jpg
109 KB, 1250x458
Amazon sucks now. It is amazing how a company went from being the top eCommerce locale to total mediocrity. It started when they raised their free shipping from $25 to $35. Then they started doing business in my state, so then I had to start paying sales tax. Now you can make the argument that, that is not their fault BUT what happens now is my orders get split from locations across the country, its unclear what I have to pay taxes on, and delivery times are totally unreliable. Then they raised the cost of Prime from $79 to $99 which would have been manageable until...they raised the free shipping price to $50!!! A company that had a total stranglehold on my online shopping totally threw it away. Their pricing and practices are no longer competitive at all and their bundling of Prime services is terrible since most people get very little value out of it.
>>
>>1137819
Amazon realized they couldn't make any money by continually undercutting their big box retailers, so they had to raise their prices.

I understand some parts of Amazon is continually making money (their third party warehousing, their cloud infrastructure, their media-movie content generation, kindle, etc). Yes, those are making money, but their bare bones eCommerce has razor thin margins.
>>
>>1137819
Amazon is a shithole for decent sellers. The only advantage is FBA + the users, otherwise you're better off contacting warehouses around the country, shipping stuff to them and having them reship locally. Shopify for frontend.
>>
>>1137829
They can't make it taking 20% of every sale where they hold no inventory and eat no returns? Bezos needs to reign in his coke habit.
>>
>>1137819
Their delivery times and shipping times have gone to complete shit.
>>
>>1137836
>where they hold no inventory
For most Amazon.com purchases, aka done via Amazon Retail, the company actually holds inventory. Huge amounts of it in their designated regional warehouses. ONT8, AVP1, CVG3. They purchase in bulk (1 million dollars or more) from select vendors.

As for MFN, the fees are about 15-20%, yes.
>>
You shouldn't have been shopping at Amazon to begin with.

Saving $10-$20 on an item by supporting a company that has said it wants to have a monopoly on every household purchase you make is not worth it.

You save money in the short term, but you lower your own standard of living in the long run because you better believe they're going to make that money back and then some from you when they have complete market monopoly control of everything from clothing to groceries to electronics.
>>
>>1137877
I had no idea biz was full of moralfags
>>
>>1137819
>Amazon sucks now
Here we go, a good discussion on how amazon has progressively lost its credibility and overall exploited the work--
>It started when they raised their free shipping
Well, I guess this is a good hook, but I hope we can talk about--
>Then I had to start paying sales tax
Wait, are we tal--
>THEN THEY RAISED THE COST OF PRIME
Shut up about the fucking inflation and get to the disc--
>THEY RAISED THE FREE SHIPPING PRICE TO $50!!!

How do you guys not see bait when the line is thicker than horsecock?
>>
>>1137881

>>>/b/
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>1137877
first of all market dominance != monopoly, but anyway there is no chance of that happening now. Did a lot of price checks from specialty stores and small owner operated stores vs Amazon and they have better prices; something I would have never dreamed of a few years back.
>>
>>1137877

>You save money in the short term, but you lower your own standard of living in the long run

Except whether they cement their monopoly is negligibly affected by the decisions of one consumer. You will save money in the short term, and the long term consequences for you will be unchanged.
>>
>>1137881
what does any of that have to do with morals?
>>
>>1137881
It's not a morals question, numbnuts. Competition is good, it's the lifeblood of a properly functioning capitalist society. Category killers may be the "apex predator" in a economic "ecosystem," but what happens when biodiversity drops in a real ecosystem can also happen in an economic one.
>>
This must be bait. Just about the only thing that isnt cheaper at Amazon are the books, ironically. Everything ships 2 days no issues with prime and I live in the sticks. The video streaming service is lacking, but its just good enough as a package that I will renew
>>
>>1137877
>groceries

No way player. They'll never sell anything other than nonperishable food, unless they either loan millions to UPS to buy refrigerated trucks, or switch to FedEx
>>
>>1139131

You're retarded. Everything that isn't sold by amazon on amazon is generally more expensive so the vendor can cover their fees.

My complaints are:
>shit product pics and desc. No policing
>data mining
>bs shipping rates and creative shipping setups

Admitted I will use amazon if price difference is within 10% of others if I can bundle everything on one site
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.