[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shapeshift or EUR/ETH on Kraken?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: ShapeShift-300x222.png (24 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
ShapeShift-300x222.png
24 KB, 300x222
I'm from EU, should I buy BTC first and then exchange it to ETH at Shapeshift or buy ETH right away at Kraken for euros?
>>
>>1137440
Unless you already have a kraken account it is always quicker to use shapeshift.
>>
>>1137450
but making a Kraken account takes like 1 minute
>>
also which eth wallet should I use? the one from official eth site looks like shit
>>
>>1137451
But depositing fiat takes a long time. Correct me if i'm wrong
>>
>>1137457
it takes around 24 hours for me, not sure if that can be considered a long time or not
>>
>>1137452
The official wallet is fine, I wouldn't use shapeshift cause of the fee
>>
>>1137502
That's rather quick. Took me 3 business days to get verified for tier 3 (from EU)
>>
>>1137534
Are shapeshift fees really that bad?
>>
>>1137578

No he's just shitposting because he's stupid. Here's their spread right now for btc/eth:

0.02663316 : buy
0.02688735810197 : sell

There's no fee. You get exactly the price quoted, but the price constantly fluctuates with trades unless you lock your rate.
>>
>>1137592
Ok cool
>>
>>1137534
This. Shapeshift charges a pretty huge fee. I used them once and never again.
>>
>>1137592
>no fee
How do they make money then idiot? There IS a fee. Don't bullshit.
>>
>>1137647

How do forex websites make money you drooling retard?

pro-tip: They have access to the spot price.

super pro-tip: stop posting
>>
>>1137651
>spot price
Wtf are you talking about? Crypto exchanges are EXCHANGES. People trading from other people. Shapeshift does not sell any crypto they just offer a platform for people to sell cryptos to each other and charge a fee to do this. Never go full retard.
>>
>>1137656

Gee have you ever wondered why the swap is so quick? How is it that they can IMMEDIATELY find someone to buy your 5 eth at exactly whatever bitcoin?

I'll give you a chance to let your brain cells rub together.

It's because THEY take the trade you stupid faggot.

Learn how basics work because you embarrass yourself. Again, stop posting. You have no idea how forex or currency markets work.
>>
>>1137661
>immediately
Fucking retard have you never used an exchange before? It's always immediate if there is enough liquidity in the exchange and you are selling at market price.

Even shapeshift admits they charge an average fee of .05 - 1% although if you actually did some research you would see it can be like 3-4 % sometimes. This is an enormous fee that they lie about because they try to hide it within the spread. Most exchanges charge .025%. Don't be a faggot and stop shilling this scam site.

>https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202585602-What-s-your-fee-structure-

How's that for 'no fee'? How stupid do you feel right now?
>>
>>1137672

>It's always immediate if there is enough liquidity in the exchange

Are you even listening to yourself? Every exchange is INSTANT! No one waits for their order. Because THEY TAKE EVERY TRADE.

>How's that for 'no fee'? How stupid do you feel right now?

Their 'fee' IS the spread.

If you SELL ETH for BTC and the ETH/BTC price moves UP THEY. STILL. MADE. YOUR. TRADE. So now they have access to the ETH YOU GAVE UP at a shitty price. Do you now understand how one could make money from this?
>>
>>1137700
Wrong on every level.
>their fee is the spread
Bullshit. You didn't read the link did you?

NOBODY USE SHAPESHIFT
You will notice that after you execute your trade that you will NOT recieve as much crypto as you exchanged for. The fee isn't even set so they decide how much to take out. If you exchange btx for 100 eth at the current exchange rate you will only recieve about 97. Don't use this scam site. The guy shilling this is probably the owner of the site. It is easy to see through his lies. The website says there is no transaction fees but it is LIES. They take up to 5% in some cases.

>https://m.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2ta759/be_aware_of_the_shapeshift_rates/
>>
>>1137800

>did a small transaction
>locked at .5 eth receiving
>quoted me saying I have to send .014107994 to receive .5 eth
>can choose to do the transact or walk away
>sent exact price + transact fee
>received exactly .5 eth

Wow, what a scam!
>>
>>1137948
>doesn't realize thats a 3% fee
Topkek
>>
>>1137954

>It's a scam because they don't give me spot!
>>
>>1137960
It's a scam because they say there is no fee but yet there is. It isn't even a set fee either. Its variable. 3% is very high for a crypto exchange.
>>
>>1137965

It is 100% a set fee if you lock your rate. You get exactly what they say you'll get.

I don't know why you're crying. If there is a superior exchange that's quick and anonymous, please list. I'm all ears.
>>
>>1137978
>crying
No. I'm just saying stop shilling this shitty exchange. Practically ANY exchange is better with lower fees. Who cares about it being quick? Its absolutely worth the money saved by just taking a day or so to verify your info and then after that all your trades are instant. Shapeshift is the worst of the worst. They are taking advantage of peoples urge to panic buy. You can hold off a couple days to get eth. Its not going to shoot up to the moon in a couple days. The chinese havent even gotten in on it yet.
>>
>>1137991

>anonymous

You missed this part too. That's worth it.

Kraken seems alright but you have to give them your info and poloniex already fucked its users over.
>>
>>1137994
>>1138015

And actually, Kraken charges you .0005 btc to withdraw, then there's the .19% cash withdrawal fee, and the fees to make trades, and the rollover fees, and that's just all I read about so far.
>>
For anyone else reading, here's two more similar to shapeshift with better rates I just found. I have not tried them at all..

https://changelly.com/
https://blocktrades.us/
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.