[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vitalik buterin has been learning Chinese just for fun and h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (74 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 500x300
Vitalik buterin has been learning Chinese just for fun and has become fluent after a few months (This is what geniuses do)

He will be holding an AMA on 8btc forums, the largest chinese cryptocurrency forum, on the 14th of March

http://8btc.com/thread-30435-1-1.html

Can you see the moon?
>>
gb2 >>>/int/
>>
>>1137361
This is about 块链技术 so it belongs here.
>>
>>1137353
John Connor
>>
>>1137353
No,he hasn't become fluent after a few months. That is impossible.

Chinese is literally (not figuratively) hardest language in the entire world.
>>
>>1137623
>Chinese is literally (not figuratively) hardest language in the entire world.
You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>1137623

Yeah there's no way he can code all day and learn a language that quick.
>>
File: xvcjohnconner.jpg (55 KB, 250x394) Image search: [Google]
xvcjohnconner.jpg
55 KB, 250x394
Buy vcash before you miss the train

John Connor is Satoshi Nakamoto
>>
>>1137625
name a more difficult one then
>>
>>1137623
It is possible to learn languages very fast with the right attitude and aptitude

My father learned turkish during a 4 week holiday in turkey. And he speaks 15 languages.

Vitalik is a very high IQ person. It does not suprise me that he learns chinese very fast.
>>
>>1137668
English.
>>
>>1137668
Finnish, Hungarian, arguably most Slavic languages, Arabic etc.
Moonrunes are what scares people but the spoken language isn't that hard when you get a hang of tones it and grammar is kindergarten tier.
>>
pls have my babies vitalik~
>>
>>1137353
This is the lamest most dumbest reason to buy a shitcoin ever posted on this board and there have been some pretty asinine ones.
>>
>>1137685
Whenever people hear vitalik talk about ethereum, they buy ethereum.

On monday thousands of chinese whales will hear vitalik speak on the subject of ethereum.
>>
>>1137674
Turkish isn't Chinese
>>
>>1137692
What is the market capitalization of the etherium market.
A whale in this market is what $1000. 10k 100k
a whale can move the market 1% btw.
>>
>>1137694
I can speak chinese it's not hard. You might have just never tried hard enough to learn another language.
>>
>>1137695
Nearly $1billion market cap.
>>
Fuck Mandarin. Cantonese or get the fuck out you fucking peasants
>>
>>1137353
this is only to shill ethereum in china, he has to find more "marks" to keep the bubble growing
>>
>>1137698
source?
So a big fish has $1m
>>
>>1137692
You're an idiot.
>>
>>1137724
Only a tiny fraction of chinese people understand cantonese. It is an ugly language for peasants.
>>
>>1137745
Google: "ethereum market cap"
>>
>>1137781
On the contrary. I am incredibly intelligent.
>>
>>1137795
You are a retard.
>>
>>1137674
This Vitalik fag is supposed to be leading a huge project, besides Chinese is hard as fuck. How can he become fluent in "months"? It is bullshit, maybe he just knows first grade level. Years have to be spent to learn Chinese.

>>1137625
What was incorrect in what I said? You think this guy learned Chinese in a few months?
>>
>>1137680
No, stupid. Chinese has shitton of intonations and dialects and shit. If you say a word wrong you will fail and say something completely different. Like, you can say one word in 6 ways and it have 6 different meanings. Only maybe Korean is harder.
>>
>>1137697
>I can speak chinese it's not hard.

Get the load of this humblebragging tard
>>
Speaking as a chinese person. It takes about a solid 3 years to master the language. It's hard to be ... say literate and reading at an academic level. It's about 1.5 years to be conversant. Studying full time.
>>
>>1137626
dude programmers have to think in multiple languages already

of course a programmer can pick up a new language in a day
>>
>>1137878
See, if a Chinese person says it takes 3 years, then you sure as hell won't learn it in a few months as a Russian who isn't even surrounded by the language on daily basis.
>>
>>1137625
Chinese and Arabic are the hardest languages in the world to learn non-natively and at least Arabic has different words. Chineae has fucking one sound with 9 different inflections that mean different things. It'd be like if 'that' had seven different meanings depending on the pronunciation.
>>
>>1137886
He's in SF and has been there for a bit now. He's surrounded by a lot of stuff :)
>>
>>1137878
Thats horse shit m8. Only if you're retarded. Obviously all the 成語 and the pronouciation takes a bit of time to get used to but functional chinese should be achievable with immersion with a few months.
>>
Told u fags. It hasn't even begun.
>>
>>1138068
It takes 2200 hours, or 91 days to reach General Proficiency in Chinese. If you studied Chinese for 8 hours a day, every single day, you could reach that level in just under a year. Seeing how that is totally unrealistic, 2 years seems fairly reasonable, if not 3.
>>
>>1138068
This guy is right, don't get overwhelmed with the writing system and focus on practicing and application it should be obtainable within a few months especially with immersion. Maybe not fluent, but you could definitely hold a good conversation.
>>
>>1137353
>>1137353
>>1137353

The boy needs to cope with >>1139213's valid points.

Ethereum is seriously lacking some 1-2-3 information that will get more people interested.
>>
I think he is Satoshi Nakamoto
>>
>>1139376
Lel
>>
>>1137623
speaking chinese isn't hard, but memorizing chinese words and characters is a bitch
>>
Since all of you seem to be Chinese experts who mastered the language in just a few months, I'd like to read a few sentences from you.

Go on, just write maybe two or three sentences about ETH, how you can use it etc. :)
>>
>>1137623
Chinese is not even close to the hardest language in the world. That said, you can't gain anything resembling fluency in any language in under a year.
>>
>>1137853
>What was incorrect in what I said?
Probably that a language can't be "literally, not figuratively" hard.
>>
>>1137883
>He thinks human languages are same as programming languages.

laughingwhores.jpg
>>
>>1137353
Most of the people on that forum would already be aware of it though?
>>
>>1139486
This. I hate the word 'literally' because it is one of the most misused words in the English language.

When you say
>Chinese is literally the hardest language in the world to learn
it does not need to be noted that you meant this in a literal sense. It is fairly obvious that it is not a metophorical or allegorical statement. If anyone took your statement literally then they would assume the most basic form of the adjective 'hard' and think that you meant the Chinese language is solid or firm. You are using the word 'literally' as a replacement for 'factually' when they do not have even close to the same meaning. You should also not imply that your opinion is anything but an opinion.

Do not use words you do not fully understand the meaning of.
/endrant
>>
>>1139486
>>1140513
I think the misuse of 'literally' is sort of a fad. I didn't see the word (wrongly) used all the time in the 20th century or last decade.
But I certainly agree that now you see this kind of error all the time; I can't stand even hearing it in podcasts.
>>
>>1140513
it's just a means of hyperbole.

language evolves grandpa, get over it.
>>
>>1140552
yeah but the word literally is used to indicate that the statement is NOT hyperbole. So you're doing a weird form of double negation...
>>
>>1140555
Pissed because ur English degree failed u? Cuck
>>
>>1140552
No, it's not a means of hyperbole.

>language evolves
Granted. Sometimes words are so misused that they eventually become common use (irregardless). Until 'literally' takes on a whole new meaning, however, can you kindly refrain from butchering the English language? Some people might take it as a sign of ignorance.
>>
>>1137724
>Cantonese or get the fuck out you fucking peasants

cantonese is a peasant language, mandarin is literally the patrician language of the officials and scholars.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.