[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting payment from a stingy client
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 3kmT57Ugp_0.jpg (58 KB, 604x390) Image search: [Google]
3kmT57Ugp_0.jpg
58 KB, 604x390
Hi everyone.

I am an aspiring freelancer from Upwork.com. A few days ago, some guy contacted me and offered a real estate web scraping job. I was hesitant at first, since he wanted to do it without the Upwork payment protection - and needless to say, he just vanished right after I sent him some of my results. Is there any way to get back on him - maybe with social media, journalists or some kind of legal action? He is a Managing Director & CFO at a huge American company, and I am more than willing to share that money with whoever helps me get it.

The amount is 1500$, by the way. And before you ask - yes, I am pretty sure that is really him and not some kind of impostor.

Thank you guys a lot in advance.
>>
Idk, but i do know you should always be doing contracts. If x payment is met by y date, then z.
>>
>>1136900

how can you be so dumb? seriously. jesus man.

wish i could say something more useful, lol.
>>
>>1136900
>Is there any way to get back on him - maybe with social media, journalists or some kind of legal action?

Sure, but it's a waste of your time. Let it go, and don't be so stupid next time.
>>
File: 361182.jpg (479 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
361182.jpg
479 KB, 720x1280
>>1136945
Well, I needed the money, and I didn't want to demand payment without any proof of my work done. He wanted to get all real estate of ontario, florida and dominican republic scraped - and I sent him the dominican republic results to show that my code actually works.

Didn't expect him to bail out like that, to be honest. Well, it's first time for everything, I guess - from now, it is upfront payment only. Serves me right for not using Upwork's freelancer protection policy, you know.

The thing is, I really do want to get back at him for that. Maybe one of you does know an influental journalist of some kind?

At least I've sent email to his superiors - maybe that will help, who knows.
>>
>>1136999
No one cares about how you forgot to get a contract that stipulated upfront payment and penalties for non-payment.

Chalk it up to a life lesson and forget about any childish revenge you are trying to seek.
>>
>>1136999
I think he lied about his position.

You could try contacting the company, but theyll probably tell you he doesnt work there.
>>
>STORY TIEM

>be me
>be 1983
>senior in CS
>start corresponding with a gentleman from Saudi Arabia doing a final CS project
>offers me 500$ to do it
>shit's easy to me so do it
>send it to him
>never get my money

in every trade there is someone going "first" if it's not a simultaneous trade. Never go first.
>>
>>1136900
don't worry op, you wasn't the only one getting cucked, the guy who fucked you, fucked a lot more? and then chose out the best of your shitty ass neets works. ofc free.
>>
>>1137006
*sigh* yeah, I know that I have no one to blame but myself. Oh well - at least that was a viable life lesson.
>>
>>1136900
>the CFO of a huge American company personally hired an anonymous stranger on the Internet to obtain real estate data, cheated him out of an insignicant amount of money, and then 'vanished'
No, that didn't happen.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.