[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here rent out their hard-drive space for extra $$$?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: driveshare-earnings-calculator.jpg (52 KB, 558x457) Image search: [Google]
driveshare-earnings-calculator.jpg
52 KB, 558x457
Does anyone here rent out their hard-drive space for extra $$$?

Thinking of doing it since I have a pack of 10 2TB hard drives coming in (for $200 bucks lol) from a pricing error from a retailer and I want to put them to use.
>>
never heard of this, but id be too skeptical to even try it.
>>
I am skeptical.

Hard drive space is very cheap, why wouldn't they just buy it themselves?
>>
>>1136833
Well the rates one can charge can match those of Dropbox, Drive, Onedrive, etc... Allows for even more cheaper hard drive space, especially with the latest whine-fest about Onedrive increasing their prices temporarily.
>>
If you're talking about the Office Depot screwup, then you aren't actually getting them.
>>
>>1136822
How can you rent out that amount of space with a typical internet connection?

You'd need something like google fiber to even make it viable...

If even one person starts to download something from your drives so you have enough upload bandwidth?

If you have less than a gigabit upload you don't have enough.

Heh, I bet you have something like 5 m/bits.....
>>
Lol there is no real money involved... Rather some random crypto currency they made up.... A joke
>>
>>1136822
All fun and games until some stores CP on them and it gets traced back to you
>>
>>1136822
those rates,
that "company" would go bankrupt in days.
>>
>>1136822
>from a pricing error from a retailer

I be more interested on that story that shit is cheap are they laptop drives?
>>
>>1136822
We don't have economies of scale compared to server farms.
>>
>>1136822
That's storj, isn't it?

Those earnings are highly suspect marketing. In reality, as said, you'll be competing against server farms.

it might earn you a little money. But more like $20 than $200.
>>
You need 2.5 BTC worth of their cryptocurrency to start.
>>
>>1137031
>5 metres/bits
>mixing unit names and unit symbols in the same expression
Back to school with you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.