[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alibaba/Amazon Thread. In this thread, we will post popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1456799969871.jpg (375 KB, 1379x900) Image search: [Google]
1456799969871.jpg
375 KB, 1379x900
Alibaba/Amazon Thread.

In this thread, we will post popular Amazon listings which are just re-branded Alibaba products. Hopefully we can get some good discussion/inspiration/ideas.

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lasergrip-774-Non-contact-Thermometer/dp/B00837ZGRY/

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/E71-Digital-LCD-infrared-thermometer-laser_1319212987.html
>>
Does anyone know how the fuck to get the Buy box? Im operating on Amazon EU and 4/5 of my products i created custom brands for but i dont have fucking buy boxes for any of them.
>>
>>1137744
You get prioritized based on order fulfillment, customer feedback, etc...

also

>mfw i try to throw you neets a bone and create the only productive thread on this piece of shit board and get no replies
>>
Not too familiar with Alibaba OP.

Other than everything being seemingly cheaper, what are the advantages of it over Amazon?

Does everything ship from China? How much is shipping usually? Is there a membership plan similar to Prime?
>>
How did you guys start trading? Do you buy in bulk from China or something then sell that crap on Amazon?
>>
>>1137992
Im not enjoying the fact that i need to use FBA instead of merchant just so i can get a buy box.

Its pretty jewy, i dont want to give up 30% margins just to get a fucking buy box.
>>
>>1138017
....Can't tell if you are a troll or not

Alibaba is a directory connecting manufacturers and trading companies (Chinese primarily) to wholesale buyers.

It is nothing like Amazon

>>1138225
Pretty much. My first item was actually counterfeit Lifeproof cases back in the day and re-sold them on Amazon and eBay. It was a fucking gold rush. This cycle pretty much repeats itself indefinitely with various products so you need to find out how to identify them and cash in on it.

>>1138323
30%? That seems awful high...is your product a low-ticket item and you're losing margins to the flat pick fees? I don't see how it could be 30%

Something to consider would be paying the monthly fee for the upgraded merchant account. Saves you $1 per sale or so.
>>
Here is another good one:

http://www.amazon.com/CVLIFE-Tactical-Backpack-Rucksacks-Waterproof/dp/B00Z5F2LQG/

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Camping-Black-Outdoor-Sport-Military-Tactical_60441251218.html
>>
Alright you know what, fuck you all. i am done. have fun trading eth you pieces of shit
>>
>>1138578
Chill out bro. /biz/ is a slow board. Im lurking
>>
>>1138578
>http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Camping-Black-Outdoor-Sport-Military-Tactical_60441251218.html
OP, I am not a 13 year old get rich quick kind of faggot. Mind if I pick your brain about a few amazon scams?

This last one costs $11+ per unit from the manufacturer. If you count in freighting and customs, is the person selling for 30 on amazon making any money at all?

I have no way of reporting or hurting your reputation, can you show me how you find great opportunities to get a spot in the buy box and turn a profit from these huge purchases? a 50 min requirement seems like a pretty large risk to gamble with when you aren't sure of the market.
>>
If you can find a product which looks identical, but different branding that's a dead give-away it's just Alibaba/TaoBao shit.

>>1137744
Find a local box supplier, otherwise if you're in the US, then ULine
>>
>>1138590
buy 10 at 11 dollar per unit = 110 + 40 for shipping/import/tax

150 ish for 10 bags

35x 10 = 350 $ - amazon fees

so its basically doubling his cash ~180 profit i think

just some quick math
>>
>>1138578
Jesus chill out, /biz/ has become a dead board ever since the ether shits took over.
And even before that /biz/ was super slow

So OP, what are your tips for finding reliable suppliers on Alibaba?
I don't want to put in a $2-5k order only to lose everything.

You have any experiences with suppliers that provide label rights?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.