[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if I'm white but I put on an application I'm black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1457622173793.png (28 KB, 382x478) Image search: [Google]
1457622173793.png
28 KB, 382x478
What if I'm white but I put on an application I'm black or native american? Is that illegal?
>>
>>1136659
If you put down that you're black and you come in white, why do you think they'll hire you?
>>
>>1136662
he identifies as black, shitlord
>>
File: transnigger.png (23 KB, 278x172) Image search: [Google]
transnigger.png
23 KB, 278x172
>>1136662
Maybe by the time I come in for the interview, they'll have forgot I was supposed to be the black guy? Or maybe it was some fat HR girl that made the call to have me interview because I'm black, and the person that ends up interviewing me doesn't actually give a shit if I'm black?

Also >>1136666
>>
>>1136662
Wow asshole learn some progressive decency you privileged shill scum
>>
>>1136668
OP, we live in a time where gender and racial quotas are pretty much mandatory. Just look at what happened to apple when they revealed they didn't have that much black people.
>>
If I'm black but white on my application will they hire me?
>>
>>1136672
What if I say I have a skin disorder like Michael Jackson and I was born black, or that I'm half black but my black mum was really light skinned?

Can they actually prove I'm not black somehow?
>>
>>1136675
Being black does not help you get hired. In fact it would hurt your chances because of subconscious racism.
>>
>>1136681
Not true, especially if the company is large and wants to meet some stupid race quota
>>
>>1136690
That's just a /pol/ meme, it's not actually true.
>>
>>1136694
>acting as if /pol/ isn't more spot on than /biz/
>>
>>1136690
Wrong. Qualifications still matter in these "progressive" times.

If you've got the stuff, we'd like to speak to talk with you and it doesn't matter what your skin color is.
>>
File: 1455942571104.jpg (543 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455942571104.jpg
543 KB, 1600x1200
>>1136696
>The world is collapsing this time... This time it's real guys!
>Capitalism is evil because I can't compete
>Women are sluts but they won't have sex with me
>Buy gold it's the best investment
>The Jews are why I'm NEET and a virgin
>>
>>1136698
You're right, I need to buy ethereum.
>>
>>1136694
>just a meme

Have you guys been asleep for the last 5 years? Did you miss all the silicon valley companies apologizing for not having enough minorities and women? Have you not see the searchable database of women on executive boards? The liberal cabinet in Canada was quota 50% women "because it's 2016". You are being willfully ignorant.
>>
File: 1457590741552.jpg (61 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1457590741552.jpg
61 KB, 400x300
>>1136703
>He believes /pol/

Ohh nooo how dare women try to get hired! They should be at home!

Lmao you're a joke. The top positions of nearly every company are still almost all male. Don't worry your boy's club isn't being invaded by the girls with "cooties"
>>
Employers don't actually see the race you filled out on your online application, the system where I work (which is used by many other companies) just collects the data from all applications and puts it in a database. We can check the racial percentages of all applicants but we cannot see it on individual applications. The only way they would actually tell your race is if you

A) Filled out a paper application that actually had an EEO form
B) If your name is inherently ethnic like Tyrone, Hector or Moo Goo Gai Pan

You don't get automatic interviews for being black and the only thing EEO is used for in private companies is evidence of systemic discrimination i.e. 40% of our applicants are black but but are entire staff consists of white people. /pol/ memes are factually inaccurate in the private sector and likely overstated in the public sector

Source: Work in HR for one of the largest hotel property management companies in the US
>>
>>1136726
This.

>People literally believe s board as stupid as /pol/
>>
legally, no one can tell you what race you are. you are free to put anything on and you wont go to jail.

private entities however, i dunno. i know scholarships somehow can say "lol you're not [race] no money for you"
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.