[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building Credit General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
I have no credit. I'm reading that the best way to build credit is to have a secured card, would getting two secured cards build my credit more quickly? I understand that closing a card takes a hit to credit, what is the best strategy should i use to deal with this considering i would have my deposit tied up in these cards
>>
>>1136569
Yeah generally 2-3 cards without using more than 30% of your limit and paying them on time looks best.
>>
File: 1447461772049.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447461772049.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>1136575

I established credit just over a year ago. Now I have 4 cards and keep zero balance on all. My credit score is 725.

Am I good with this amount, or should I open a few more in another year from now?
>>
>>1136569
You can get a huge boost if you know someone with excellent credit willing to add you as an AU on one of their cards.
>>
/r/churning
>>
>>1136575
>>1136591
awesome, alright. i've read that there is a credit hit for applying for cards, considering i don't have any could i just sign up for 4 all at once you guys think? Also what should i put down as deposit for each of these cards? I have $1,200 should i divide that between the cards equally or bank my money on one or two cards and do minimum for the others?

>>1136592
nah my family has terrible everything in their life, friends aren't close enough do try this either.
>>
>>1136569
Your all faggots and dont know wtf your doing...
mfw you realized the world is fucked
>>
File: 1442207791522.gif (517 KB, 147x162) Image search: [Google]
1442207791522.gif
517 KB, 147x162
>>1136622
i believe that YOU don't know what you're doing. How much are you worth?
>>
T. someone who wrecked their credit in their younger years and is building it back:

The wider variety of accounts the better. Different places figure scores differently, so diversify your credit. Credit cards, store cards, auto loan, home loan, etc. As long as you are running low balances (<30%), the more the merrier. You will never have excellent credit history without numerous accounts (closed or open)
>>
>>1136687
thanks for the advice, i'll open multiple secured cards. I wished for chase to have a secure card in order to upgrade it at a later time instead of closing these cards eventually for my deposits back
>>
>>1136609
If you have too many cards in your name, it hurts your credit score. 2-3 cards max is ideal. As your credit limit goes up, you can rely on one card to build your score instead of two or three.
>>
i have no file no credit history, will it hurt me in the future if i apply for unsecured cards anyway?
>>
>>1136591
what cards do you suggest? I have a score of 670 at the moment and I am considering all options.
Are points better than cash back?
>>
>>1136977
yeah points are worth more if you want to fly and you know how to most efficiently spend them. If you don't fly though than go the cash back route. Last i've read the points are 1.2x better or something like that, not by much.
>>
>>1136980
any platforms that I could sell/action my points to someone who wants them?
>>
>>1136987
i don't know anything about that sorry.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.