[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Business Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: PEPE's_Plan.jpg (52 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
PEPE's_Plan.jpg
52 KB, 384x384
>Be turning 20 soon.
>Enlisted in military.
>Not exactly what I thought it was.
>Airforce desk job.
>Save up two years worth of leave.
>Have over near 60 days of unused leave.
>Gain leave at 2.5 days per month and have four year contract.
>Now at equilibrium point.
>Can take every friday off for rest of four year enlistment.
>Sort of good with technology.
>have three day weekends for two years then get boot.
>Gives me slightly more time to NEET during week.
>Thinking of creating some sort of website.

Getting tired of greentexting.

What should I make to make money online?
>>
File: Mad.png (232 KB, 552x325) Image search: [Google]
Mad.png
232 KB, 552x325
WAGE SLAVES GET OUT
>>
You gotta find a niche that needs to be filled my man. I'm currently trying to do the same.

Find obscure communities and subcultures that are big enough to profit off of but don't have a lot of people selling what they want.
>>
See I've seen similar things saying that I should find a niche, but why would a non-niche site fail?
Say you made something that people could post user-generated content on. Why wouldn't that be a success as long as it had initial advertising and content?
>>
>>1136440
Because there's a million others out there that do it better and are established. The likelyhood of yours picking up steam is very low.
>>
I'll go ahead an throw something out there. Think of the thousands of NEETs that populate 4chan. Most of them can be profiled as unmotivated people with hours of personal time. Imagine if everyone on 4chan started creating some of the images they put on these boards. You could create your own niche around that without the fur-fags and SJW on tumblr and deviant art.
>>
Also just to edit, I realize they already do this.
>>
>>1136450
>>1136453
If you think you got what it takes to pull that off then go for it. I'm just saying it's not an easy path. And NEETs are stuck in their ways.
>>
>>1136415>>Can take every friday off for rest of four year enlistment.

>implying your supervisor/shop chief would authorize that
>implying you shouldn't just save your leave so you can get out early terminal leave
>>
Hmm... So I guess this could be possible. I did some work with actionscript in Highschool also. I'm a terrible programmer, but still competent in basic CMS's for websites and I think I could make an app that would connect in some way with the website. So if you were to make a basic app with the sole purpose of creating a massive database of pictures... What's the most ridiculous idea you have?

This kind of thing helps me think...

I'll start you off, recently there was a 4chan post about tinder.

"It's like tinder, but for people who want to fight."
>>
I could still work something similar out like taking four days every month or so. I thought about terminal leave for a while and it's not really all that valuable if I can use it for possible future on the outside.
>>
>>1136468
>>1136480
Are you new here? That fighter app meme has been around for ages. And you don't know how to quote
>>
Actually yes.
>>
>>1136440
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/low-hanging-fruit.asp
>>
Hence the frogpost.
>>
>>1136484
if you click on the numbers on the top right of a post you can "reply" to it, as seen here in my post
>>
So what you're saying is that I'm not really reaching my full potential in a business sense, because I don't target the easiest venture first. That seems fair enough, but what would be the easiest way to go in terms of making a website?
>>
>>1136484
Leave here while you still can if you're normal.

I used to be normal and not socially awkward. I started coming here in 2012 and it has literally made me autistic and hyper self aware. I now have a bit of anxiety because I'm so self aware from hours of being on this place that it's fucked me up and generally made me sad.

If you're already autistic and have no hope in life you can stay.
>>
>>1136498
click on the fucking numbers you faggot
>>
>>1136491
Thank you.
>>
>>1136499
Also I used to be easily discouraged by people, but now that I'm more aware of it I find that it doesn't really have any sort of effect on my anymore. If I have 100 people think I'm an idiot. At least I'm anonymous.
>>
>moron barely learned how to reply

Youre a supply troop arent you?
>>
>>1136499
This happens to everyone. It's because this website conditions you to view shit in a cynical way so the world and everyone in it comes off as awful and out to get you. That's why I come on /biz/, people here are a bit better because most have goals or are looking to improve themselves. That's also why it's one of the least popular boards on 4chan.
>>
>>1136415
Either you are a fucking retard or you work for possibly the most useless command in the military if they'd actually let you take every friday off.
>>
>>1136532
How is that retarded. OP is living the good life kek.
>>
>>1136530
Fuck you're right. And I usually browse boards that are considered "not that bad" such as /fa/ and /g/ but it's just everywhere on this site. Shit has made me hyper cynical and I can't enjoy anything.
>>
>>1136487
My main problem may just be ignorance. Any suggestions on where to learn about making money on the Internet? Also yes there is no way my leadership would actually let me do this, but I can space out the leave to have the same value.
>>
Take it from this CE vet, put all your money in ETH, max out Thrift Savings Plan if you havent already, and save your leave for terminal.
>>
>>1136555
Would the TSP really be more beneficial than stocks?
If I take my money out of the G fund I'm still relying on people investing for me.
Also If I have most of my leave as terminal, I would expect to have a large number of days taken over weekends wasting at a very rough estimate about sixteen days.
If I were working for those wasted days, they would be valued at around eight hours per day.
Ten dollars an hour makes 8*16*10= $1,280
>>
>>1136555
That's assuming in a year and a half freelancing my work would be worth that much.
I'd like to at least start learning something about Internet business.
>>
>Would the TSP really be more beneficial than stocks?

Gee I dunno, airman. Is anyone gonna match your stock investment dollar for dollar?

>If I were working for those wasted days, they would be valued at around eight hours per day.
Ten dollars an hour makes 8*16*10= $1,280

How the fuck are you this dumb and in the Air Force? You have to either be a supply troop or a cop. Which is it?
>>
>>1136530
>tfw used to browse r9k and pol

i'm fucked
>>
>>1136633
It's actually kind of surprising I made a 91 on my ASVAB.
I actually did forget about TSP matching.

Also Ignore the horrible math. It's something that I use to estimate how much my time would be worth, but not actually a representation of money.
>>
>>1136684
What's your afsc?
>>
>>1136693
I could give you any AFSC and you would probably believe me.

It's getting late and I need to sleep.

Before I go to bed is there any reference material you could suggest, that would give me some sort of idea on what to do with this sort of endeavor?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.