[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peronal Finances Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1407127166134.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1407127166134.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Hey all,

I have about 25k saved up
10k on the market.

im almost 27, no debt.
I need to get a credit card,
have no idea how they work.

my question I, how much do they cost?
Are they completely free if I pay all my bills on time?
im into travel, should I get some kind of point giving card?
>>
>>1136370
>Peronal finances

you get the point
>>
>>1136370
fuck a credit card, spend what you have, or get an overdraft set up with your bank nigga
>>
>>1136402
nah I just want to build credit..
need to be an adult at some point.

anyone else know how credit cards work?
>>
>>1136370
Get a card with no annual fee, and decent rewards program. Pay off your statement balance monthly. You won't pay interest and you'll build credit
>>
>>1136408
>nah I just want to build credit..
>need to be an adult at some point.
Literally what is your reasoning here? You have 25k dollars, you can use those dollars to buy stuff. Why do you need to buy stuff with a credit card? You're either:
- putting cash into your cc account and buying stuff with that, in which case you might as well have bought it with the cash or
- buy stuff with credit and pay interest, i.e. waste money
>>
>>1136416
is there any charge what so ever, assuming I don't have any late payments?
>>
>>1136417
To build credit.

I want to buy a house osme day.

the better your credit the lower interest rates you get on a loan..
right?

am I crazy here?
>>
>>1136423
I don't know but it sounds retarded. If you buy stuff on credit you can get a cheaper mortgage? Alrighty.
>>
>>1136426
you're making me doubt myself..

but you might get 100 people quoting you telling you you're retarded
>>
It seems everytime I get up to $10K saved, I blow it all. How do I overcome this roadblock? I grew up poor and $10K is rich status to my family.
>>
>>1136437
are you spending it on important assets, o bullshit?
>>
bump for help
>>
>>1136472
look at your /adv/ thread, i replied
>>
r/personalfinance.

discover card
>>
>>1136472
dude look on google or a wiki for the basics.
I strongly recommend getting one. to build a solid credit score. Way cheaper loans and eventually owning a credit card with a high score has badass perks.
>>1136402
>>1136417
I dont know what the fuck these assholes are talking about. I get cashback and other perks and have never paid any interest or annual free.
>>
Creditcards, i dont like the idea of them.
its basically a short time lown. Though it is usefull for example when you get into car trouble, you can use the creditcard even though you dont have the money at that moment.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.