[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people who don't know any economics at all allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1454261121520.jpg (95 KB, 540x523) Image search: [Google]
1454261121520.jpg
95 KB, 540x523
Why are people who don't know any economics at all allowed to vote?
>>
I was just thinking that people who think they know economics but are really just ignorant dipshits shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Not necessarily talking about anyone in this thread, just sayin..
>>
>>1136093
Define knowing economics. Imo only people with a phD in a mathematical discipline should be able to vote.
>>
>>1136115
Entry level micro and macro economics so that they stop falling for dumb promises from politicians. Things like the effects of price controls and how and why the fed plays with interest rates.

Just that would be enough, they don't have to mess with the math too much.

Actually, I should just revise my post to "why aren't high schoolers taught economics like math, science, and history?"
>>
>>1136093

because democracy at its core doesn't discriminate. the average person is a dumb as fuk retard, and his vote is worth the exact same as that of some 150iq PHD in math who solved the rieman hypothesis. or whatever.

it's a fucked concept, this kind of democracy.
>>
>>1136128
This.

I was one of those conspiracy theories guys who believed Jackson did the right thing and we should shut down the fed and go back to the gold standard.

I felt like such an idiot after I did econ and business stat.
>>
>>1136144
The problem is, there's good ideas mixed in with bad ideas, and for some reason people think you have to take the whole bag with goodies and bullshit and all, instead of just pick the goodies from the bags.

The Gold Standard might not be a smart idea now, but the Federal Reserve is a hindrance to human kind.
>>
>>1136144
>I was one of those conspiracy theories guys who believed Jackson did the right thing and we should shut down the fed and go back to the gold standard
I am taking econ and I can tell the textbook is lying like fuck.

It says "price level increase is the definition of inflation" complete fucking bullshit.

Jackson was right, and the Jew whoever wrote that textbook is a jew

Fuck the fed
>>
>>1136157
Look man Jackson was the classic American hero but he was a genocidal maniac the crashed the economy and deepened the animosity between north and south.
>>
>>1136149
I tend to agree and maybe I worded my post wrong but fractional reserve banking works for the rich and for the America style of capitalism really well. All I'm saying is I was an idiot to think we could do what we can now with a "gold standard".

I think that philosophy works for different reasons but not the widespread speculation that is the new economy
>>
Because the property requirements for voters were dropped.
Don't be an idiot, there will never be an economics test for voters, they'll just bring back the property requirement.
>>
Because "knowing economics" is too often confused with "agreeing with my ideology." It's not a hard science and it never will be so get over it.
>>
It would be nice if you needed a licence to vote.
An online exam which you have two years to pass, with all necessary resources available for free on some .gov site.
Basic question about the meaning of broad economic concepts, the content of each candidate's policy, etc... Nothing hard, just making sure that every one taking part in the vote has a minimal grasp of what's at stake, and that they're exposed to objective facts and figures regarding all candidates, instead of solely rhetoric from one side or the other.
If it requires an exam of basic hand-eye coordination and understanding of the rules for driving a car, surely we could expect the same for getting a share in public decision making i.e voting.
>>
>>1136093
Because the people who do know economics created the longest downturn in history.
>>
>>1136093
I'm just sure you know about economics after reading Austrian Economics on wikipedia, a few articles on mises.org and some Sowell book.
>>
>>1136093
>people should get economics to vote
>but they have to agree with me
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.