[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What lifestyle you need to live to feel successful? Not extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (16 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16 KB, 297x170
What lifestyle you need to live to feel successful? Not extremely rich (mah private jets & mansions), but just to relax and feel OK. Make a list of priorities as you'd be buying stuff. No prices please.

>iphone
>macbook
>change all the clothes to very expensive and branded ones like Versace and Louis Vuitton
>golden rolex watch
>rent apartment with a panoramic view of the capital in the tallest skyscraper

That's pretty much it. My age is 18. Rate.
>>
Knowing oneself is the greatest success one can achieve,. In the end, it is all about you.
>>
You'll never truly know yourself until you've explored the world of anal masturbation.
>>
when women don't go "ooohh" when you tell them what you do
>>
>>1135706
18, uh?
Wait another ten years and you'll realize it's being free of your time that makes you feel successful.
The lifestyle you describe is not worth it if it comes at the price of 80+ hours weeks for the rest of your life (pro-tip: unless you come from money or are a TV snowflake that gets a big break, you will be chained to your job to ensure that amount of money)
>decent phone (3-4 year model generic brand)
>decent computer (same)
>cheapest elegant clothes (pretty cheap)
>no watch (phone, remember)
>average 2-3 bedrooms appartment or house, with a backyard for barbecue with friends/family

And when you're clocking 10+hours a day to pay for your phone and clothes that will be out-fashioned in 12 months, I'll have saved the money from the 10+hours period of my life to by myself freedom through minimal income from investment.
>>
>>1135706
I want to be in a position where I wake up with no desire to work and just go on a trip.

Being able to decide how I spent my time is luxury.

All the other shit like sports cars, apartments and so on are subordinate.
>>
>>1135787
>>1135784
This. I just want to be free.
>>
>>1135706

So you want to have 2 things that every person on welfare has. Then you want the most common bling bling wannabe watch and wear clothes full of brand signs which only show how stupid you are and then to make the picture complete you want to actually RENT an expensive apartment.

You seriously dun goofed.

What lifestyle do I need to feel succesful:

-The one I have now.
- I make around 10k per month net plus an annual profit share in the firm. Around 150-200k net income every year.
- I save about 7,5k of that amount
- I have a 100k cash buffer in case things go bad. Rest goes into passive listed equity trackers and non-listed real-estate and private equity
- I own a 250 square meter (no mortgage) loft apartment in a decent neighbourhood of Antwerp, Belgium. The interior is mostly a 50's vintage one combined with touches of modern minimalism
- I own and rent out a student studio worth around 125k (35 square meter) for extra income. I also have a small mortgage for this for fiscal purposes.
- I drive a 4 year old VW passat with all possible options daily and have an infiniti G37 convertible which is only insured during summer months
- I collect rare and distinguished watches of medium-high price (5000-25000 euros). Mostly less common Rolexes, Breitlings and Omegas.
- Total net worth is around 1.2 million euros

- I do not wear ridiculous clothes from brands that charge 5x the money just for the image and brand logos. I wear decent quality basics during my free time (check out Grana.com) without spending big on them due to the distribution chain.
- I own 10 bespoke suits, 20 hermes ties and 8 pairs of expensive shoes to match them.

Do I want more? Sure. But I consider myself pretty lucky and succesful.
>>
>>1135784
To reply to this:

I work around 80 hours a week but my work and free time get pretty mixed up a lot of my business partners have become friends as well. "Work" often means going out for long business lunches in nice restaurants, flying all over the world to search/visit projects and attending high-level networking events.

I probably spend 30 hours max on actual office work.

Honestly even though I spend 80 hours a week on "work", I still don't see the issue. I only need 6 hours of sleep every day.

Sundays and most of Saturdays I spend with family, friends and girlfriend. On the other days you could say I averagely work from 06.30 until 20.30 or so.

As my job isn't tiring to me (It actually gives me a lot of energy) I'm never too tired to hang out with my girlfriend and/or friends for a drink between 21.00-23.30 or so, after which I read a bit and then go to bed around 00.30.
>>
>>1135800
age/profession?
>>
>>1135805
27 (since first of March).

Worked insane hours for 3 years as analyst in a big bank. 2 years ago I moved to a multi family office and since then it's all much more manageable.

I mostly focus on finding real estate / private equity projects as really large clients are not that interested in buying listed equity.
>>
>>1135706
>My age is 18
It shows.
>>
>>1135812
Ohhhh you got him good anon
>>
>>1135706

>temporary material shit

Are you a nigger?
>>
>>1135820
I am Russian.
>>
>>1135822
The niggers of Europe
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>1135706
>financial secure means being able to retire at any time with little risk. (A position of "fuck you")

In all honesty senpai I'm in it for the chase. I made 100k last year and honestly I don't want to stop. I love working hard and being creative. If there is anything I learned 10 yrs out of high school its that the work never ends even with the day off. If you're not working on your business/career then your at home working on your hobbies.
>>
>>1136000
No, main Russian value is Spirituality. Golden Rolex is only the second place.
>>
>>1136000
Kekekeke at least they don't have to deal with anything else than their own bydlo. How are those rapefugees coming Mehmet/Juan?
>>
>a nice place of my own
>a car of my own
>being able to spend money on things without worrying about the price
>freedom to travel whenever I want
>free time
>being able to fully pursue my hobbies
>preferably working for myself, or being in a position like >>1135810
>>
>>1135803
I want that life :(
>>
File: 1426705613978.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1426705613978.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>1135730
YFW most women have no fucking clue what your job is...
>Finish degree, leave hometown, join USAF, get commission
>EOD flight commander and squadron deputy commander for operations
>Go home to visit family after uncle dies
>Hanging out with old friends who never moved away, talking
>>So, Anon, Friend says you're in the Air Force, are you a pilot?
>No, I'm an engineer, Explosive Ordnance Disposal
*blankstare.jpg*
>I command my base's bomb squad
>>So...you fly bombers?
>>
>>1135706
>how to screw up your financial future 101
>>
>>1135706
>medium appartement + house in the countryside
>car (small sedan)
>good electric guitar + amp
>grand piano
>a few nice suits
>free time
>free to travel anywhere i wish
>>
>>1135706
>a small cottage just up from the beach
>little boat
>a town not too far away, yet far enough

probably about it
>>
>>1136361
britfag detected
>>
>>1135730
"ooohhh" can be said as both good and a bad thing.
>>
>>1136296
Work hard, plan ahead. It's not that hard to get a similar life.

Look for those smaller exclusive clubs though. Working at big banks is a long gone time.
>>
>>1136398
Long gone time?
>>
>>1136494
Excuse me for my vietnamese.

I meant to say that those days are over. There's little point trying to get anywhere in life by joining a big bank as they're literally all 95% about getting in line with stricter and stricter compliance rules these days.
>>
>>1136516
You've been at one? And what's the alternative?
>>
>>1135810
IB analyst?
>>
>>1136538
Private equity.
>>
>1% globally
>impressive
You are comparing yourself to third eorld savages. 300 grand+ for the average state is 1%, and the 1% for NY is 2.2m
>>
Absolute shit taste in life goals.
>>
>>1136538
>>1136542

Equity analyst for the private branch of ABN AMRO.

Made the switch to a boutique family office that takes care of all finances for +-30 very wealthy families.

Less rules, less rigidity and a small team which allows everyone to do his/her own thing. We're all partners in the company so we all have something at stake, which totally changes the way things work.

We do listed equity in cooperation with asset managers but we also have our own seperate investment office which focusses on direct real estate and PE/VC projects. We're very active on mainland Europe but when it comes to PE/VC we're mostly active in SE Asia and the U.S.

Trust me. It's much more fun and much more rewarding. I earned (even) more as an analyst but this is multiple times more interesting and the sky is the limit. I can build up my own thing here and money will come by itself over time.
>>
File: 1440876808965.png (66 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
1440876808965.png
66 KB, 600x578
>small rural house
>solar panels
>rain water collecting equipment
>off the grid capability
>ground cellar
>my own yard and garden
>garage big enough to work on machinery
nothing much really those are the most expensive ones
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.