[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am 18. I want to earn at least one million dollars by the age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: eu.gif (2 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
eu.gif
2 KB, 200x133
I am 18. I want to earn at least one million dollars by the age of 20. What can I do to make it real? I see only one solution: Internet-based startup. Uber is my inspiration. I have experience in coding, some money, but no good ideas. Help me /biz/. I don't want to live a life of a wagecuck.
>>
>>1135569
Make webs for local businesses. That"ll earn you capital for a pretty good startup.
>>
>>1135569
I have an idea but I'm not just going to give it to you.
>>
>>1135574
Let's say I have money for a stratup, what's next?
>>
>>1135569
Im at the same boat as you only im 19.
Lets develop together an ethereum application (were going to be one of the first) and we will benefit greatly if ethereum blowsup.
>>
>>1135580
OK, leave your contact here, I'll write you and we'll talk on skype.
>>
>>1135581
email is [email protected] HMU
>>
>>1135578
Whatever it is, don't invest it yet.

What would you rather do:

Postpone your 1M dream for a year or two, potentially earning much more

Or risking a bad investment and dropping the ball (you lack experience), because of muh 1M
>>
>>1135569
Make a twitch+chaturbate streaming site where camwhores play video games naked
>>
>>1135569
buy ETH
>>
>>1135569
>I am 18. I want to earn at least one million dollars by the age of 20.

You won't accomplish it. Give the dream up. Don't be naive, child.
>>
>>1135582
Check your mailbox
>>
>>1135594
Social conditioning in a nutshell
>>
drop a mixtape
>>
I'm a 28 year old programmer and now every little kid knows how to program. My future is going downhill. The era of programmers is coming...I'm gonna be homeless because kids learning to do what I do at 5 years old will be better than I can ever be. Might as well suicide now lol
>>
>>1135620
No, reality and cure for illusions of grandeur in a nutshell.
>>
>>1135569
Suck half a million dicks anually at 1$ each
>>
>>1135671

I hate this really. I am not a programmer but this is relevant in any field. Those kids are graduating at age 18 these days, it's insane. How can you compete with that?
>>
>>1135569
fucking faggot, 2 years is very little time, if you're starting from nothing it will take longer than 2 years. even if you run a successful startup it's probably going to take 4+ years before you earn $1M or the startup gets bought up.

>>1135671
most people are incredibly shit at programming. programming is an artform, you have to actually be interested in it to be really good at it. as long as you aren't shit you're going to have a viable source of income and you can still learn and improve yourself.
>>
I'll give you my uberfied idea cause I wanna see it happen

>helping hand
>neighbours helping neighbours
>helpers complete menial tasks for a reward from requesters
>for example, I want someone to clean my house or do laundry, I'll pay $15 for it to be done
>helpers can choose what tasks they want and requesters can pick who can do it
>similar systems to uber - rating system, background checks for helpers, paid same way
>businesses can also put their companies up there to advertise or for harder tasks like roofing, repairs, moving etc.
>put a quest like system where helpers level up or have new credentials to make them feel valuable (ie first aid certificate,etc)
>kinda like a game like gta in real life
>>
You cannot make 1m like this mate. Even with a good startup you won't make it in 2 years. Concerning your project , are You taking inspiration from uber as a successful starup or as a transportation compagny ? Because in France in example they've took heavy damages. Taxi company were upstet of their low price transportation alternative to high priced taxi services. Moreover transportation is quiet dead right now even if you have a brilliant idea. My opinion would be to dig in the business of movies. I lean there is Netflix and stuff for series but nothing cheap for movies. Try to find a business where there is no response for an high demand. Transportation is dead anyway dig somewhere else.
>>
>>1135671

Everyone knows how to program in the same way that everyone knows how to make a simple table or fix a bicycle.

They can sort of do it but you need a professional to do it well.

Also lucky for you few are actually interested in being programmers full time.

It's a very boring job.

t. former software developer
>>
>>1135927
As a successful startup.
>>
>>1135929
Why >former ?

What are you doing now?

Programming is basically printing money, why quit?
>>
>Uber is my inspiration

Nigga, you're like every other child then. I've been working in the startup scene for years, I also had two failed ones (we made it to even).

Let me tell you something: You wont. Especially not from Europe. Especially if you dont know anyone.

Its all about who you know. There is a reason why all these startup fags are Stanford, MIT, Harvard dropouts, and its because they're well connected and come from an already rich background.

I tell you once more: You wont get shit. Better start concentrating on your coding skills, and try networking, and find a guy like them to join.

Your pretty much only chance is to suck up to some richfag kid who knows the proper people.
>>
>>1135914
This exists, like there are dozen startups like this already.

I suggest everyone doing some market research first, because I meet all these people with their great ideas and 99.99% of the time they simply dont understand that their idea has already been done and by much smarter and/or richer people with more VC money.
>>
>>1136080
wow way to be a negative nancy.
>>
>>1136090
I'm realist, I'd have done the same if someone told me the same 10 years ago.

Next year I'll be starting my third company and now I'm looking for a cofounder who is the dumb popular well connected type.

Living in the US/SF/SV is a bit different, but essentially the same, as most VC money comes from Wall Street and they prefer the same kind of people they are, so thats that.
>>
>>1136090
it's literally delusional to think that you have a feasible chance of making $1M in only 2 years when so far you have nothing worth mentioning
>>
>>1135569
Real talk OP, you are going to need to heavily invest and get lucky in penny stocks. Other may tell you some impractical long term things like index funds but stocks are the way to go.
>>
>>1136081
I've seen taskrabbit which made over a million dollars in US in a few cities

However, their current model of hourly wages is failing, so I think a reward based system could work

It would also be in Europe or where ever OP is which I don't think has that yet
>>
>>1136761
even with carefully chosen "high-risk" stocks he's going to have to have a significant starting capital in order to have a reasonable chance of reaching his goal
>>
>>1135671
No, modern kids are so used to smartphones and apps for everything they can barely operate a desktop computer
>>
>>1135620
As cuck as the "delusions of geandeur", the "genious youth tech startup" meme is even more annoying. I bet you think notch or zuckerberg are exceptionally skilled at anything.
>>
>>1136935
>notch
notch was a dbag who fucked over most of his alpha and dev team

he also crowdfunded withchan, without paying, so, make promises and dont deliver may be the answer op is looking for

but since he has nothing to promise of value he wont do well either way
>>
>>1136761
How do you get around the broker fee with penny stocks. Its really hard to generate a profit when every share you buy has a broker fee that more than 4x the price of the share
>>
>>1136944
Robinhood
>>
>>1136944
don't buy one share at a time, buy thousands
>>
>>1136944
Use tdameritrade
They don't charge extra for penny stock transactions. Robinhood is great but it doesn't offer OTC stocks.
>>
Get the fuck out of here. Any real life experience selling shit will be better than learning from here.
>>
>>1135569
Suck 2 million dicks for 1$ apiece before you turn 20.
>>
>>1136944
broker fees are negotiable. Call them up see who gives you the best deal.
>>
Either gamble what you have or give up. You can't create anything worth 1 mil in that time. Based on the childish goal and the fact you are asking this forum, you will probably get your first mil by about 50.
>>
>>1135569
I want to make 1 mil $ in two years but I have only experience in coding - I'm not a programmer - but my dream is to be a millionaire in two years.

I know there are programmers with years of experience that make 50 k year or some less - but I want 1 mil in 2 years.
>>
>>1138570
make product that creates 1B in value, have 1% ownership.
all you need is 1$ from 1/7 the world.
or
3$ from everyone in the US

or 112$ from the top 8.9M people in US.
>>
>>1135578
Invest it all in ETH.

You clearly arent very smart, and this is your best bet.
>>
>>1138731
Post yfw you realise this is actually most realistic aswer itt lol
>>
>>1138797
post yfw eth doesn't take off and OP kills himself
>>
File: deth.jpg (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
deth.jpg
89 KB, 500x500
>>1138811
>>
>>1135592
Fucking A
>>
>>1135914
This is already exist in my country.

We have apps that let you hire cleaners, massager, transport by car, transport by bike, truck, even someone doing make up all in one application.
>>
>>1138731
>>1138797
Is that a proxy you're using?
It's always to 1-2 punch that I've been seeing lately. You don't even wait for someone else to post. You just follow up in <5 minutes.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.