[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Materialism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1454776249691.jpg (67 KB, 521x640) Image search: [Google]
1454776249691.jpg
67 KB, 521x640
So i wanted to make this thread on my view on materialism and money.

I'm 22 and in my youth i was always able to get the toys i wanted. Apple products, designer clothes etc which is the reason they lost any meaning to me. Today i truly realised what kind of world we live in and how dependent we are on money.
We work our asses of for out jew boss so he makes millions while we struggle to get by and in return? We get a small change so we can save up and get the next 'thing' like an iPhone or a nice car. No matter where we spend money it is never worth it's price because for every product there are 30 people who want to get rich and try to sell you the lowest quality product for the highest price you will pay for it.
Today i realised how this will never make me truly happy.

I have only 700 euros in the bank and i'm planning on saving everything i can and not giving in to all the nice things i see through ads, shopping windows etc
I will try to live like a monk using as little as possible and getting rid of all my luxury material possessions.
Do you guys have any tips i could take with me?
I can't believe how unresponsible i was with money in the past but i guess this is part of growing up
>>
Also this is a relevant video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYCS2o8JMY4
>>
>>1135561
Let me just put it this way:

Materialistic things attract hot and symmetric women

Hot and symmetric women make you more excited on a primal level

Fucking hot women makes you release more dopamine in brain, making you healthier and happier.

It is really that easy.
>>
>>1135564
>Materialistic things attract hot and symmetric women
Please tell us how well it worked for you so far.
>>
Well written op this truly got me thinking my life over and since I am still getting into the "adult life" this made me concider how I spend my money.
>>
>>1135566
Worked great like it was supposed to.

Money is proof of status and your value as a male.

The more money you have, the hotter bitches you attract.

Hotter bitches and larger variety of them means more dopamine release in your brain. It has been scientifically proven.

So money = happiness

People who say otherwise are just sour graping and jelly as fuck
>>
>>1135567
I'm glad i helped somebody
Watch >>1135563 you will love it because Joe Rogan explains this trap perfectly
>>1135570
>this is what poor people tell themselves
>>
>>1135570
>The more money you have, the hotter bitches you attract.
Not true. I have plenty of money, still no pussy.
>>
>>1135585
Ok, then you must be beyond ugly or something.
>>
File: 1400833955290.jpg (192 KB, 1600x1232) Image search: [Google]
1400833955290.jpg
192 KB, 1600x1232
>>1135564
Let me just say this.

Don't fall for the "you need money to have hot bitches" meme. As a matter of fact you don't, and it's much more satisfying to get bitches without having to rely on money (I didn't say you have to be poor).

I know guys who are loaded but are their gf's bitch, they spend a shitload of money on lavish gifts and trips to satisfy her. I pity them, you can't get anymore beta.

You're right about materialism being an illusion and a trap.
What you need to do is work and make money (otherwise you'll become crazy not working and will pick up many vices). Save and live a somewhat minimalist lifestyle.

As far as I'm concerned, if I'm able to
- eat good food (organic)
- read books
- work on my instrument
- develop software
- see my friends

I'm happy. Note: I haven't decided to start a family, that's where things get complicated. Until then, no need to buy useless shit. good luck anon

Also, you already discovered materialistic values are doomed, seek into religion the real answers. Sounds crazy I know, but seek the Truth and you'll find it.
>>
>>1135598
> what is the matrix
>>
You don't need to reject society to reject materialism. If you think people are prisoners to materialism, then make it your goal to help people become less materialistic. Are you really going to be happier knowing that the rest of humanity is still being preyed upon while you're off doing your monk stuff?
>>
>>1135628
>Are you really going to be happier knowing that the rest of humanity is still being preyed upon while you're off doing your monk stuff?
Actually I don't give a fuck about them. Everyone has free choice
>>
File: 498320494.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
498320494.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>1135564
You sound like someone who has no understanding of either psychology or biology.
I hope you the best.
>>
>>1135585
nope, just being a nerd is enough to repel them.
>>
>>1135639
>he believes in the free will meme

I guess it isn't your fault
>>
>>1135665
who are you trying to convince?
>>
>>1135561

Awesome anon. You've mentally matured.

Here's what happens now:

- you cut all the friends who you feel look down on you out of your life
- you become very picky in terms of girls, and learn to quickly spot girls who are too attracted to/by shiny things
- you learn to deal with 'im better than you bc of my bigass car' behavior from others (this takes time)
- you get into reading
- you build a freelance career doing a combination of things you are good at and enjoy (this takes time, but ultimately there is no way around this)
- you move somewhere beautiful and quiet, out of the big metropolis and the hectic urban lifestyle
- you build a tiny house on wheels, or something
- try to live as free as possible in this day and age

that is true happyness. you will also find that eventually you will make more money than you ever thought you would, and you'll have no way to spend it.
>>
OP, your views on money could use a little work. I would recommend reading Thou Shall Prosper by Lapin.

It will teach you to see money like a Jew.
>>
>>1135717
As a follow up, I'll say that you're off to a good start. Minimizing your expenses will allow you the freedom to work toward your life purpose.
>>
>>1135561
are your parents lower middle class?
they sound lower middle class based on how you were raised.
>>
>>1135700
This sounds beautiful. Thanks for the input.
>>1135729
They aren't wealthy but i still got everything i wanted.
>>
>>1135700
cool to see people who see the world the same way i do
>>
>>1135564
Read a book and come back when you're not retarded.

there's guys out there that are tired of fucking their girlfriend. Yes hot ones too.

Dopamine reactions aren't permanent.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.