[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working from home sucks ass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 526425653.jpg (106 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
526425653.jpg
106 KB, 478x359
I recently moved to San Antonio and get paid 13.50/hr with 40 hrs/week to work from home and occasionally go on service calls (I do back end server support for a small-med size VoIP reseller but occasionally go on site to clients businesses/houses to install phones/hardware/etc). Not having to spend money on gas and always being able to cook at home is great but after doing this job for about three months now it's starting to get to me. I'm 22 and I've had two office jobs before this doing I.T. and both paid less but were supremely better in the social aspect, e.g. I actually got to talk to real people on a daily basis and form work friendships with coworkers. Has anyone else worked from home, and if so, what did you like/dislike about it?
>>
maybe you just suck
>>
File: 1445395111285.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445395111285.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
>>1134150
>>
>>1134143
I WFH but I have a wife and child to help with the people problem. I frequently hang out with my buddies on steam and just kind of let it all ride. It is a good life.

I have been doing it three years and do not miss the office at all.
>>
>>1134143
>Has anyone else worked from home, and if so, what did you like/dislike about it?
Since a number of years. self employed, never worked in an office

I started out down this path due to pretty bad social anxiety and not wanting to work with others. And it's only got 10x worse.

maybe if I lived in a city I could have gone to coworking spaces or something like a hipster
>>
>>1134143
You ought to look into a shared workspace. Theyre popular here in Los Angeles. People find that theyre more productive and happier just being in the same room with other people who are working.
>>
>>1134143
I'm a software engineer, and I worked for a while as freelance from home. I really prefer working in an office with a team than alone. I get easily distracted when I'm home, and also it's depressing to be just by myself all day. Now I work in a startup among a nice team in a nice office. Life is good!
>>
>>1134143
I run my own software dev business, and i work from home.

The benefits are obvious;
- no travel time
- can work whenever i want
- nice environment
- lots of freedom

But it comes with a lot of downsides;

- no social interaction. ive always suffered from social anxiety, and doing this has made it SO MUCH WORSE. my girlfriend is the only person i see, and i've lost contact with most of my friends.

- work never ends. home is work. work is home. i'm always working. i would LOVE to be able to LEAVE WORK and stop thinking about it and relax.

- productivity drop. i get to work whenever i want, and that time is always 'later'. my business is suffering for it. i know i'd be far more productive in an office with my employees.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
>>
>>1134609
A lot of what is here resonates with me, similar position (software, contracting). I absolutely love the no travel time, and the fact that I have a full kitchen right around the corner and able to do stretches every hour without looking like a retard (well I guess I do but nobody around). The downsides are the same, the biggest being that home tends to blend in with work, I find that work easily creeps into my nights, others tend to work into the night (likely because they started later in the day, as mentioned), and because everyone works different hours, meetings often happen at night when I don't want to work.

Never had issues with productivity, so nice to have music and a quiet room.

Also generally the kind for anxiety in general but hasn't gotten worse. As far as stress it's the same as any other job.
>>
>>1134143
I'd rather work in a real office

there are studies that working from home actually means you work more hours

Plus I like that you can tell the boss to piss off when you're not at work

I also think it's important to separate work and leisure
>>
I feel for you senpai. I never got anything wokring from home, too busy fucking around on Xbox Live. But anyway, if your situation isn't too crazy and you have a safety net, might suggest you look for somewhere else to work, iirc happiness is a huge motivating factor for work
>>
you dont have enough of the autismgene to really be here on 4chan man. thats like a neet dream around here
>>
i worked from home for 2 years doing web design. it sucked. i was tired all the time and never went outside except on weekends with the wife. it messed with my psych and was pretty depressing.

i work in an office now. it's much better.
>>
>>1134143
I work from.home for about 2 years. and fuck, no social contact blows major dick
>>
>>1134143
This is bait, right?

NORMALFAG SCUM
>>
>>1134160
>>1134164
>>1134168
>>1134560
>>1134609
>>1134957
>>1135195

>this is how normal people actually think
>>
How do I make money from home? Right now I'm stuck at a shitty dead end job
>>
>>1136329
>>>1134164 (You)
don't call me a normie nigga
my life is fucked I have no friends no gf and I wish I was dead.
my anxiety got worse, this is a fact not a belief.
I'm not saying I want to interact with people, I don't. But if you don't, you lose the ability.
>>
>>1136457
>no gf :'(

Confirmed norman scum
>>
>>1136471
a true robot wants a gf more than anything but cannot have one

off to wizardchan with you friendo
>>
>>1136594
This post nauseated me
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.