[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to say why you haven't bought ETH yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
You have 10 seconds to say why you haven't bought ETH yet?

Top banks are testing it and Microsoft approved their blockchain technology.

What, you think you are smarter than Bill Gates and the jews from Goldman Sachs?
>>
Depends, how many ETH has Blankfein bought so far?
>>
>>1132152
>>
nigger
>>
>>1132142

Let's see.
Those giant corporations are not interested in the currency itself as this would be a fool's errand. At some point it will reach a cap, might collapse like BTC and even if not, there is not much use to it in the real world. It will never replace normal currency and thus always remain a niche market for people doing illegal transactions.
Now the interesting part is the technical question, namely blockchain and smart contracting. This is indeed being tested by great money houses and IF, I repeat, if this technology turns out to be useful, it will either be copied by those coprorations (and you can bet they have the world's finest engineers and programmers) or the ethereum platform will just be bought out and erased.

You people are caught up in the hype by such stories but forget what huge danger lies for R3 in these affairs. I recall the story of TLC being bought by Mattel in the 90's. A great company surging in the billions being ruined in a years work.

That's why buying this with the aim of profit is too risky. There is so much that could go wrong and only so little to win. And this is essentially the spirit of trading - don't look at mere numbers. Look at what could happen outside of the narrow world of charts and prices.
>>
Cause I didnt listen to my friend back when it was dirt fucking cheap, and I don't see it rising as much as it did again.
>>
Make a general. Keep all ethereum topics in one thread.
>>
>>1132187
> I don't see it rising as much as it did again.
How you "don't" see it?

What is the technical or fundamental analysis you are using to conclude this?
>>
>>1132187
Remember that BItcoin once was 10$ per coin, too. Just like ETH is now...
>>
Why the fuck didn't I browse this meme boeard in January?

Got 17 ETH at $7
>>
>>1132212
Dude I clicked on /biz/ for the first time 2 weeks ago. ETH was at like $5. By the time I researched it, made the decision to go in, setup and get my hands on bitcoins, it had gotten to like $10. So right now I have 109 ETH that I spend about $1160 on.

This was always a 1-2 year play for me. I'm not looking for a quick buck. I'm hoping in a year, ETH will be at $20 per, and then in 2 years, maybe $30. That would be good enough for me.
>>
>>1132218
At least you are realistic.
Most of the noobs that buy ETH expect it to be 100$ in two weeks...
>>
Bankd and Microsoft, if they do pursue, will fork it and make their own proptietary version, making ETH worthless. They will not adopt something that already has tons of stakeholders and that they can't control from the start. ETH will be worthless and there will be MICROETH and CHASETH
>>
>>1132237
This.
>>
>>1132226
They are delusional. But they will also be the majority of people that will panic sell right now. I find it quite interesting that for the last couple of days the price is fluctiating and never hitting the 2500K. I expect the majority to panic sell once it hits 2500K and take their loss.
Delusional pieces of fuck.
>>
>>1132237
Surely that would drastically curtail the usefulness of the technology? The whole point is that it is universal.
>>
How do I use this shitty geth program? I made my account, and started mining in a pool. Now I want to transfer my money to an online wallet but I don't get a CLI. Where do I enter
>eth.sendTransaction({from: '0x036a03fc47084741f83938296a1c8ef67f6e34fa', to: '0xa8ade7feab1ece71446bed25fa0cf6745c19c3d5', value: web3.toWei(1, "ether")})
? When I just write geth it starts the blockchain update which fails after a few minutes and then hangs.
>>
>>1132237
The benefit on ethereum is that there are a large number of decentralized nodes that can't be taken down. Why would they add more cost into their end and what benefit would that bring? It kills the biggest benefit.
>>
>>1132142

How is this different from another memecoin?
>>
>>1132418
It isn't. What the fuck do you think the entire Eth market is based on? I'll give you a hint, it starts with Bit and ends with coin
>>
>>1132350
Exactly.

This "microsoft will just buy out ethereum" line is full of holes. We've got more than one XRP shill on /biz/ who is sour graping the whole time.
>>
>>1132212
>17 ETH
>17
>ETH
I always knew that coinfaggots were just naive underage kids.
>>
>>1132142
I already did buy ETH, then I doubled my money and sold my ETH. Thanks!
>>
>>1132458
Ha ha, that feel you will feel after it reaches 100$.
>>
>You have 10 seconds to say why you haven't bought ETH yet?
i'm all-in on doge
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.