[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: fucked.png (572 KB, 1677x361) Image search: [Google]
fucked.png
572 KB, 1677x361
Thanks
>>
How's your OkCupid portfolio coming along though? Can I help with that?
>>
Yo gonna collect that $10 that's Waiting?
>>
>>1130749
>using margin

Why don't you just buy ETH and put the couns in your own wallet and forget about it?

This is your own stupidity causing this.
>>
>>1130749
>trading turbo volatile crypto currencies on margin

can you be anymore fucking retarded?
>>
>>1130764

I did some of that too.

>>1130765

The margin was worth it for the returns, until the slow drop
>>
>>1130819
Well look where that got you. Cucked by a business. Thanks for contributing even more to the price drop and fucking my money up.
>>
File: lending.png (55 KB, 845x354) Image search: [Google]
lending.png
55 KB, 845x354
>>1130749
Thanks for the money. I've been doing very well with lending lately.
>>
>>1130843
>Thanks for the money. I've been doing very well with lending lately.

Good job, but wait. How do you lend btc like that?
>>
>>1130856
This is where margin funds on polo come from.
>>
>>1130843
can you please tell me how you're loaning BTC.
>>
How do you short with poloniex?
>>
>>1130868
Have you try google?
>>
>>1130862
>>1130856
See the big button that says "LENDING" right at the top of Poloniex? You should really sit down and actually look at all of the options on the exchange (regardless of which one), see how they work and what they do. This is why you people are losing money.
>>
>>1130910
I haven't invested any money in any cryptocurrencies yet, that's why I asked. I'm not a retard, I'm just very unfamiliar with any clients, exchanges or any software related to to them and really haven't considered investing in anything like that until I started reading more on /biz/.

Is poloniex better than kraken? What's the difference?
>>
>>1130762
Just did! up to $31 in poker now.

It's alright guys I managed to talk to some advisors at poloniex and I got my mortgage on margin now and I'm back long in it.
>>
>>1131074
>Is poloniex better than kraken?

for one, poloniex doesn't crash all the fucking goddamn time
>>
>>1131380
>I got my mortgage on margin
This has to be a troll
>>
>buying hypervolatile cryptoshit on margin
You can't make this shit up.
>>
File: 1456312475765.jpg (45 KB, 436x365) Image search: [Google]
1456312475765.jpg
45 KB, 436x365
>dat moon background
>wha happnd
>>
What are the risks of lending BTC on polo?
>>
>>1131580
Not much, it's like taking money from stupid people. All these people trying to short different cryptos with like $100. They put their BTC up for collateral and lose it all when their drop of piss in a bucket does nothing.

Set a competitive rate, take in mind Polo takes 15% off your percentage, and then you just watch it trickle in (keyword there is trickle - it's slow and doesn't provide much money). I'm surprised more people don't do this.
>>
>>1131592
Is it possible for someone to default on a loan? Like could you have potentially lost 0.5 btc there?
>>
>>1131592
But what if a guy loses the money that he borrowed from you?
>>
>>1131597
>>1131598
That's when his assets are liquidated to meet his debts and flooded back into the market, dropping the price. You collect his collateral.

The only time you'll lose money is during a massive crash when supply outweighs demand and the price drops, devaluing whatever you have to offer, that's the inherit risk in all trading.

I suck at explaining shit but I'll try; say you bought 100 ETH a week or two ago at $9-10, then put it up for lending, someone uses that to try and short ETH - this guy also has 100 ETH to offer as collateral, he gets 200-300 ETH in total to fuck around with (yours and now his and someone else's). He tries to short it by instantly selling his drop of piss, say it actually did something and lowers the price a bit, but then maybe the price shoots up as people buy in at the cheaper price. He's made money, he clears his debt and you collect his interest. Say it crashed immediately after, his 100 ETH is liquidated and split between you, the other guy and the exchange. And say ETH kept crashing and went down to $8, now your 100 ETH is worth a lot less than you bought it for, so you lost money but still claimed a percentage from the other guy.
>>
>>1131606
So that means I am gonna get my 100 ETH back anyways, it's just that during the lending period I am not able to use those 100 ETH because they are used by the borrower during the lending period?
>>
The bottom of the dip. Did you feel it happen?
>>
>>1131610
That's right. So if that 100 ETH shot up and you wanted to sell it at the higher price but it's already being used by someone, then there's nothing you can do.

It's essentially safer, slower money but selling at a higher price in the market might make you much more money than lending. Imagine if someone offered you $100 in cash or a 1 in 3 chance at $300, that's essentially what it is. Would you take the guaranteed money or risk it for a lot more?
>>
>>1131613
One last thing, is the interest rate per day or for the specified period?

Thanks for the information btw.
>>
>>1130749
>average /biz/ poster.jpeg
>>
>>1130749
You must be one stupid motherfucker
>>
>>1131620
Per day over the specified period. Example: 0.5% over 2 days (1% total). That's not a competitive rate, but you get the idea.

Obviously the higher the rate, the more money you get over the period but the less likely someone will use it - like those people offering $10 at 4% over 2 days - ridiculous.
>>
>>1131626
Got it, thanks.
>>
>>1131610
>>1131613
You should be able to go short yourself and thus implicitely be able to sell the lendef ETH at any time.
>>
File: fucked2.png (235 KB, 1882x784) Image search: [Google]
fucked2.png
235 KB, 1882x784
OP here, still hanging in there
>>
>buying ETH
>buying ETH on margin
Jesus Fucking Christ.
>>
welp im rich now
>>
>>1133329
Haha you bought the dip like champ good on ya
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.