[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Low Income
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: bodytype.jpg (47 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
bodytype.jpg
47 KB, 499x750
So, I'm about to be in graduate school. I have a job that makes about 600 dollars a month. I have to pay part of my school loans, my rent, internet, etc.

At the end of this, I have $0.

My wife was born into poverty with genetically weak teeth. She was a crack baby. Since then she's disowned her family, moved across the country, and started her life over and done okay for herself. She is almost done with her degree.

Every night, she weeps in pain from her teeth. When she smiles, you wouldn't think she has bad teeth, but apparently the genetic weakness means they are prone to decay. She brushes/flosses/whatever every day but it doesn't seem to help.

The cheapest place I've found to get her out of pain requires 7,000 dollars. I do not have 7,000 dollars. Dental insurances, even were I to have it, usually cover between 1 and 3k and only after a year. This is at a dental school. The other places required 10-14k.

I don't know how to get the money so she isn't in pain anymore. None of the places will put me on any reasonable payment plan (hundreds a month, some require 50% down as well).

The fuck do I do? I could cash out all the random stocks, tiny retirement account, etc. for MAYBE 1500-2000. My income after all bills are paid is 0 or slightly negative.
>>
Save up until you can afford it. Medicate with weed or pain killers in the mean time
>>
>My wife was born into poverty with genetically weak teeth. She was a crack baby

Seriously?

Anyways, dental implants run about $2000 a tooth. It takes a few visits so it can't be done in a tourism trip. Just wait until they fall out, tell her to stop smoking, and get used to dentures.
>>
>>1128550
Yes, seriously.

And I know that's what dental implants run, because 2 of them have to be implants, the rest of her teeth need some kind of crazy sealant.

She doesn't smoke.
>>
What's medicaid coverage like in your state?
>>
Check out Mr. Money Mustache's blog.

If you want to save 7 grand, the gist of it is;

>Sell your car (if you have one) and bike/bus
>Lower your internet bill, cancel TV if you have it
>Live of ramen
>Stop going out, restaurants, movies, anything like that
>Ask for a raise
>Save every penny you don't spend

It's not easy, but if it's causing her physical pain and you want to help her, you'll do it
>>
Also, if youre in the states, cant you defer your student loans for a while without paying interest?
>>
>>1128537
If youre in US - you need to go with your wife to Mexico and get her teeth done there. Take a 1-2 week "vacation", google and call clinics beforehand, read reviews.
>>
Crowdfund
>>
>>1128537

that sucks man. daily reminder that life is not worth living if you cannot provide comfortably for a girl you love.

rather be a workcel nolife faggot who is busy building his empire than a family man who can't grant his woman a carefree happy life.
>>
>>1128611
I'm liquid for roughly $dick, so even reducing it by 50% still would mean I would have to quit my job and own nothing

>>1128608
I have a car but it's required for my job, I live in a rural area that snows a lot, I can't bike. It's an 89 honda.

I don't have TV, I have the cheapest possible internet.

Foodstamps takes care of food.

There are no raises, I am paid indirectly by the state at a set rate (social work of a sort).

I have been doing the best I can, I just feel trapped.

>>1128599
My state has no Medicaid coverage unless you are pregnant or under 18.
>>
>>1128608
this sounds like such a shitty life lol wtf
how can you go through your life never going out or anything like that to enjoy yourself? damn Mr Money Mustache is going to be pissed when he's old and withered and missed out on a lot of opportunities.

Oh wait, his blog had 1.7 million visitors last month. I'm sure he's doing just fine ;)
>>
>>1128797
>how can you go through your life never going out

get a load of this fucking normie
>>
This is a SFW board REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Sorry to hear that OP, but unfortunately there really isn't much advice anyone can give that can fix the problem quickly.

Work as many hours that you can get (always be the first to say yes to overtime) and cut out as many expenses as you can. Try to start saving. Good luck!
>>
>>1128641
>My state has no Medicaid coverage unless you are pregnant or under 18.

get her pregnant ya dummy
>>
>>1128854
I'm capped at 25 hrs due to state policy. I've applied at a bunch of fast food places but I feel like they know I'm full of shit and will leave the day school starts.
>>
>>1128797
and that's the reason why you'll never live the good life
>>
>>1128537

Maybe, just maybe you shouldn't be going to graduate school if you only make $600 a month.
>>
make sure shes working too OP.
>>
>>1128870
Your wife is almost done with her degree, right? Tell her to get a job so you can start saving some money for the dental work she needs.

There's really nothing else you can do. No one here has a magic wand that will make $7k fall from the sky onto your lap.
>>
>>1128878
>Save every penny from 18-50.
>You are now a rich 50 year old who has done nothing with his youth but work and browse his computer.

>Spend some money from 18-50.
>You are now a financially secure 50 year old who has lots of friends, likely a family and a ton of memories.

I know which one I'd want.
>>
>>1128641
Youre making assumptions on the cost. Get on the web, lookup closes mexican clinics to the border, read reviews, then call for costs. You don't have to do all the procedures at once either, take care of the most urgent ones. I dont see anyone in this thread giving better advice, so yeah.
>>
>>1128889
2 semesters off. She's in pain most of the day, already used up all my narcotics from my dental work years and years ago. We talked about her getting a job but man...she's barely making it to class as is.

>>1128910
As for you, I am not making assumptions about cost. The cheapest I've been quoted from a Mexican clinic is 4500. They can't do it in bursts because of the nature of the damage (I am not a dentist) it needs to all be taken care of ASAP or the dentin cracks or some shit.

Look up "mouth reconstruction," some Mexican places have the prices on their websites. Sometimes it's just as much as the dental school.

Mexican clinics also don't do payment plans

and I can't take 10 days off work to do it, or I'll get fired.

But I'll keep looking.

Peace out guys, guess it was fun to vent

>>1128879
Also to you, you're a faggot. How am I ever going to make it in any social services field without a graduate degree? Oh that's right you can't, any job requires a graduate degree. Inb4 LOL SHOULD'VE BEEN STEM, it's not for everyone.

But yeah later fags

keep making threads on Eth.
>>
>>1128921
feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>1128921

You'd literally be better off sucking metaphorical dick for 2-3 years to make connections instead of putting tens of thousands more in your debt, cause I don't wanna see your thread in 2018 crying how you can't get a job, even though you have a master's
>>
There's really no solution to this problem. You basically have to talk to a dental office willing to work with your wife on whatever is the most painful, then work on a payment plan with them. And truth be told, there's more bad dentists than good dentists.

I'm not sure if you're willing to pause graduate school to work full time (for say $1600-$2000 a month). You can ask your parents or whatever for financial assistance. I suppose, root canals run as much as implants but are equally vulnerable to decay as the original teeth.
>>
>>1128895
>he fell for the materialism meme
spending a lot of money on useless stuff won't improve your life quality and social life
>>
>>1128921
No offense but your wife sounds like a complaining bitch. She probably got those genetics from her crack whore mom.

You on the other hand are a retard for getting married if you don't even have 7k to your name.

Also all states support people who are clinically ill just tell her to go see a social worker tell her thats shes depressed because of these fucking teeth and they will fix it. She can also say shes homeless for additional coverage. Doesn't matter what state you are in.
>>
>>1128537
Mexico has cheap dentists. In Juarez they even have some that speak english.
>>
I donate to them:
http://www.medicalteams.org/about-us/what-we-do/mobile-dental-program

You sound like a good candidate.
>>
Just take your wife outback and put her out of her misery
>>
>>1129178
>Juarez
I hear some don't even require cash, as payment they'll take kidneys, corneas, livers, hearts, etc.
>>
>>1128537

You should go long on your education and you should short your marriage.
>>
>>1128537
Lmao, good luck to you and your toothless crack baby wife op. I love /biz/.
>>
>>1128921
> any job requires a graduate degree
how fucking retarded can one person be?

> STEM isn't for everyone
this is some high school bullshit they tell you.
anyone can do almost any job with very little effort. i was shit at math and still got a programming job. my friend is doing nursing and he was terrible in most science classes.

not to mention STEM isn't the only money maker, there's also trades. my cousin who's a welder makes more than me.

you're shitty career choice is to blame.
you better literally be cumming with joy when you find a job. anything less is literally an irrevocable wasted life.
>>
>>1128537
OP, try here: http://www.needymeds.org/free-dental-clinics

this websites also has a pharmacy discount card for cheaper prescriptions.

I wish you and your wife the best.
>>
>>1128599

Medicaid doesn't cover a lot of dental things. In my state it only covers extractions and cleanings.
>>
>>1128537
Go to Poland for her dental treatment. You can find doctor there who was trained in Germany with modern technology. It will be extremely cheap.

I for example got some treatment in Kiev... it was fine. They wanted about $6000 in California for two root canals and two crowns. In Ukraine it was less than $300 plus a number of cavities filled.

So I suggest you go to Europe... Also Mexico is an option Los Algodones is a town just for dentistry and is on the Yuma arizona border.

You can write off the travel as a medical expense on taxes also.

Look Up British people getting dental treatment in Poland.. Also many people in Poland have great English skills...

So buy a very cheap plane ticket.. Get an airbnb... and get the dental treatment.

American Dentistry is a fucking ripoff.
>>
>>1128537
Alex?
>>
take a loan from your friends/family

prostitute your wife / sell drugs
>>
>>1128537
Wrong, most dental university provide cheap/ free dental work for they students to practice on you
>>
>>1128537
You sound really needy. Fuck you
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.