[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dropshippng Actually Possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1454639929287.gif (1 MB, 400x272) Image search: [Google]
1454639929287.gif
1 MB, 400x272
I've been doing a lot of research on dropshipping and e-commerce. Is this stuff actually possible and worthwhile or just another meme on the internet?

Anybody here have success at it?
>>
You're too late to the party friendo.

Prime time for this was 2009-2012.
>>
>>1128444

Yes.
>>
>>1128479
There still has to be some kind of viable online business model.
>>
>>1128558
Buy niche shit from China.

Resell on eBay and Amazon.

That's about it.
>>
>>1128571
What I can't figure out is how that gets fulfilled, the Chinese supplier would seriously just process the order for me and mail it? What about services like Doba?

there has to be someone on here with success with this.
>>
The key is probably you have to be really good at marketing.

So "possible", but probably not for the average guy who just wants an easy income
>>
>>1128571
Do you store it yourself?
How do you handle the customs?
>>
>>1128571
Examples of niche shit?
>>
>>1129856
Well I buy a bunch of shit from China, then put in ebay and resell it. China wins ebay but shipping is 3 fucking weeks while I can do in 3 days. I run about 2-3k a month so ask me anything?
>>
>>1128444
NO.
>>
>>1132293
What type of product are you selling?
Have you considered amazon?
Whats your China source?
>>
>>1132293
smart.
>>
Purchase Trump campaign apparel that cannot be purchased by people outside the US thanks to campaign finance laws
Post on eBay and mail it to Europoors

There's one guy already doing this but he charges out the ass
>>
>>1132317
accessories to smoke weed.
amazon is my next venture, needed to get feet wet, will be doing that with next shipment.
dhgate
>>
Just kidding.

Purchase watches that Sorority Chicks would wear, build a brand around something Sorority related, and profit off of their backs.
>>
>>1132292
If you really care look up picking guides.

I know a picker who is a hoarder and makes an extra 20k a year doing it part time without really trying.

It's not breaking the bank, and she is motivated because she enjoys it.

You need initial capital to get started,and might have tons of pages of things to look after of things either not selling at all or not giving you cash in the interim.
>>
>>1132358
Picking guides? Google isn't being helpful.
>>
>>1132339
How do you decide what to sell? Cheap shit from China is being sold on Ebay as cheap shit from China. Do people buy from you solely because you arent in China?

Whats your average margin per product before fees?
>>
>>1132424
How do I decide what to sell? this might seem weird but years ago I saw the episode of king of the hill where the main people (I dont watch the show so idk what people are called) are trying to invest in the stock market so they follow some normal dude around and invest in what he buys. I'm a normal dude in his 20s who smokes quite a bit of weed. So I picked based on that. I've always thought niche market = your interests. I buy at like $8 per piece, sell at $22, after fees and shipping I take home $16 so I double my money.
>>
>>1132411
I am not familiar with the terminology. Look at stuff like american pickers to get an idea.There are also shows where people buy old items and refurbish them for big profits.

I am sure you've heard of them.

Here is a book on the subject that is two dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Buy-Low-Sell-High-Beginners-ebook/dp/B00MW8RG1E

That is what i was able able to find googling "guide to picking and selling"

try adding "selling" to your searches.
>>
>>1132440
Would you mind showing me an item your selling? I dont get why someone would buy from you when they can just buy direct from China?
Do you try your products first? Are you worried about bad quality affecting your ratings?
>>
>>1128444
I have done it successfully in the past for at least a couple years combined. Never made enough to live on or anything, but enough to justify doing it. Near the end I found a short lived niche that made me more money in a couple months then I had in the almost two years before that. The majority of things will have tiny profit margins and anything that doesn't won't last very long.
Long story short, its probably not worth it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.