[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's get serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: rolex-logo-wallpaper.jpg (256 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
rolex-logo-wallpaper.jpg
256 KB, 1440x900
Right let's say there's a bubble in a market and it's about to collapse.
In this instance I'm going to refer to the market as watches.
Ok, so pretend watches have gone crazy high in price over the years after everyone's been going out and buying rolexes because their friends have one. Suppliers jack up the price because of demand and the bubble's about to burst as the market corrects itself.
How would you could cash in on this burst?
One example I could think of would be to buy rolexes in the dip, but these watches are £100,000+ each and that's not viable.
What else could you do?

BONUS: Those that are helpful and provide a method of contact can get in on this with me
>>
Sell a put on watch contracts?
>>
>>1127033
These watches are vintage and not concerned or affected by financial markets.
>>
This is a shit example because watches are useless and nobody needs them in this day and age. I mean, we've got cell phones. Get with the times, grandpa.

I bet you're one of those supreme gentleman types that thinks every man should own a straight razor, a few flannels, a watch, and an overpriced pair of "heritage boots".

So you're basically a fucking faggot.
>>
>>1127025
Sell the watchmakers alcohol
>>
>>1127044
If you knew the market you'd understand why I'm laughing at you right now
>>
>>1127025
Rolexes are not that expensive lol and any fluctuations in their value are a result of changing metal prices minus a few vintage pieces which mostly stay the same
>>
>>1127041
That's wrong nigger. If we were in a recession people would sell their watches for a lot less because they need money.

Luxury good purchases go down a lot in recessions.
>>
>>1127092
There's a fine line with this. The very rich will always be rich regardless ofarket fluctuations. Some of the least volitile investments can actually be very high quality luxury items.
During the '10 debt crisis I read about this market from one of the research publications the firm I was with had.
>>
>>1127025

Nice job OP. You have just confused the biz market with Rolexes and what you actually mean >the question<.

That's why we have bubbles, people can't see whats really going on vs what they see is going on.

Anyway back to the point of your question and the real reason for typing my reply. Now in the instance I'm going to change your Rolexs for lets say Squid, Why the fuck would I do that??? Anyhow Say squid is totally overdone and everyone can't see it except You, Me and one other Anon who will quickly point themself out as the smart Anon here after I type this.

The answer is quick easy to read totally understandable and very clear and also to the point: You sell more squid than what you have and when the price falls you buy it back and repay who you bought the squid for at a lower price = $$Profit! Then you buy the Rolex you confused everyone with and you lamo into the sunset on a bike covered in squid held together with Rolexes and semen.
>>
File: 1455596350176.gif (301 KB, 298x230) Image search: [Google]
1455596350176.gif
301 KB, 298x230
>>1127164
It's that easy?
>>
>>1127564

Yes, it will also help if the Squid bike is lubricated.
>>
Buy watch.
Get insurance on watch.
Get Jamal to steal watch.
Claim watch stolen.
Get monies from insurance.
Jamal is happy.
You're happy.
>>
Is there no ETFS following this market? Get into one going against or short one going with it.
>>
File: Hipster Fox.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Fox.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>1127025

As the Rolex brand crashes, you could chance promoting and investing into a new brand(pocket watches or something) and claim how its making a boom. State how the Rolex phase is fading but due to this new brand sweeping in popularity.

Hopefully consumers don't look farther into it and just take the bait, or have Rolex try and retaliate on your propaganda. Watches are similar to fashion trends, your selling how "Everyone wants this rare candy" when its made of the same material as anything else.
>>
Buy put options for a company that's going to crash after the burst. It's a bit more risky since you have to time it a little but it can be more lucrative buying a shorting ETF.
>>
>>1127033
Wait why would you sell a put.
That means you lose if price goes down.
>>
>>1127044
>I bet you're one of those supreme gentleman types that thinks every man should own a straight razor, a few flannels, a watch, and an overpriced pair of "heritage boots".
Not him, but calm down, anon. Watches are about the only piece of jewellery men can wear. Flannels are nice for the fall and look good with layering, and a nice pair of boots is actually cheaper than some $80 pieces of shit from the mall.

Straight razor is fedora-tier, though.
>>
OP question is interesting but the answers are shit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.